Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1782
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    My daughter told me this afternoon that the trails around Lyndon are impassable, sounds like a lot of the rest of northern VT. She said you can't get more than a few feet into the woods It's too bad because KT is closed and with it being hunting season the campus trails are pretty much the only game in town.
    Yeah, the hilltops around Lyndon got hammered pretty hard. Luckily my Bro-in-law was already doing some selective cut logging on my property. He was about done but he is going to stay for a couple more weeks and clean up the blow downs. He is going to have go back to some areas and cut them heavier than he had due to storm damage. There are a bunch of hiking trails/roughed in MTB trails that go through there that I'm going to have re-build or re-route after he is done. Good Spring project
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    What time Saturday?

I have heard that SHP is good to go. Not sure about Fort rock, but that place has such a hardcore loyal local following that I bet countless folks got right to clearing trail. Stuff closer to Kittery didn't get hit too hard and I've been staying busy clearing trail and have found mostly pick up stick with a little bit of cutting, but very little.
    Probably mid-afternoon. Was going to hit up the Allspeed ski swap at 10 then head back down so, maybe noonish.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    SHP is in really good shape considering. Once it got dark it was pretty difficult to see the trails because the new leaves aren't ridden in much, but the bulk of the trees that came down are cleaned up. I cleared one section of trail of larger sticks that would throw your front tire and the other section had been blown to the new bridge...which he was working on yesterday. He most likely blew the rest clean on his hike out...idk though. The new berms and stuff are fun. It was damp, so they were grippy goodness.

I read that Fort Rock was a mess, but I'm sure it's getting better every day.
    Many thanks!

Hmmm I might be able to hook up for an early afternoon ride between noon and 2 or 3.

Headed out now for more clearing and riding. Balmy Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Yeah, the hilltops around Lyndon got hammered pretty hard. Luckily my Bro-in-law was already doing some selective cut logging on my property. He was about done but he is going to stay for a couple more weeks and clean up the blow downs. He is going to have go back to some areas and cut them heavier than he had due to storm damage. There are a bunch of hiking trails/roughed in MTB trails that go through there that I'm going to have re-build or re-route after he is done. Good Spring project
    I should get my daughter in touch with you so she can keep riding, that's a big part of why she chose to go to school there and now she's pretty much stuck with the roads around the campus but she doesn't have a real road bike so it get old pretty quick.

Bike is on the car, headin' out for a ride to see how hard my favorite spot got hit.

Good luck!

68 degrees and sunny. More please. Gotta nother substantial section cleared which included trimming back brush, cutting trees, putting in a fun re-route around a monster pine, and a fun feature added that I've been meaning to utilized for some time. Oh ya and rode a bunch too. Pack em in.

Maineskiaddict I have enough clear now to make a ride worth your while.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  23.2 KB

Views: 271
Size:  23.9 KB

Have a great weekend, gang, dirt so good!

It was (kind of) a nice day for a ride. I say kind of because a little more than a mile in it started raining, then it rained harder It wasn't all bad though, I mean how can you complain about nearly 70 degrees in April er umm November Trails were a mess though, just a couple of big trees down but of course they're always in a spot where it's tough to get around them forcing you to go through tickland. There's a shit ton of branches and sticks down and they're mostly hidden in deep leaves making it a slog in a lot of places. Gonna get in there with someone else next week and get it all cleaned up. Looking forward to a dry ride on more popular and better maintained trails tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Give us money. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I’d much rather give them my time and labor.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got out in the woods for the first time all week yesterday afternoon, checking out B St. A lot of smaller branches around. Couple 6” debris I could move myself but a couple crankers that require a saw.

Checking out some other trails today a buddy spent a couple hours sawing up the other day.

All in all this part of Western Mass doesn’t seem to be nearly as bad as up nord.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Unfortunately that's what seems to happen when trail areas turn into economic "boosters" for a community. Once One pays to join, pays for maps, oftentimes pays a fee to ride, one would expect the trails to always be in immaculate shape. And not have to volunteer their time if paying to ride.

Just took my son out for a few miles of perfect single track. He’s hooked.

Also teaching him the importance of after ride hydration

Nice kid stoke!

Does everyone have their flaming out of their systems? Good. Got out for my first ride since the storm. Spent an additional 30 minutes clearing trees and branches but all in all the Concord area didn't fare too bad. Love having these trails practically to myself but don't have any fancy trail crew to clear everything for me

Unfortunately that's what seems to happen when trail areas turn into economic "boosters" for a community. Once One pays to join, pays for maps, oftentimes pays a fee to ride, one would expect the trails to always be in immaculate shape. And not have to volunteer their time if paying to ride.
    If I'm gonna pay to play I expect a premium experience. Seeing as how I loathe that scenario and have only done it once in the last 30 years I pay my dues in sweat equity and ride where few others do. I'm especially disappointed in my current pay scene as they didn't tell me it closes on 11/1 when I signed up so I may have only had a chance to use it a handful of times unless I make a few extra long road trips if there's a decent winter this year and they open some groomer fatty miles.

What a kickass day today! Local trails are getting cleaned up slowly and things are riding well. I'm going out on Wednesday with some folks to get another spot cleaned up so it's good to go for the winter. We're also going to flag out a new loop that will hopefully skirt the area that's about to get logged so I can go in and get it ridden in before the undergrowth sprouts in the spring.

Ride-O-Rams today, only a couple of deadfalls I couldn't ride around. Should have left the long sleeve at home as shorts/ss jersey would have been enough.

Saranac makes a solid Root Beer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Where is all the millions of dollars MTB makes for VT? Aren't there some VMBA funds for such economic emergencies? Oh right, they just beg for grant funds. I have about 7 trees left to clear here. About 20 total, not too bad. Trails are kinda wet though.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Does everyone have their flaming out of their systems? Good. Got out for my first ride since the storm. Spent an additional 30 minutes clearing trees and branches but all in all the Concord area didn't fare too bad. Love having these trails practically to myself but don't have any fancy trail crew to clear everything for me
    Hospital area?

Headed out early am tomorrow to attemp to finish clearing the local loop and get some riding in.

Good of on you folks for getting out to clean up your local trails.👍

Rode Vietnam from the Adams St. lot today. Trails are in great shape down here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice drop! Accessed Nam from Adams street in August. Great way to get to the goods.

Powdah is getting deep out there this morning. Sea of leaves. Gorgeous autumn continues.
Views: 204
Size:  25.5 KB

Grey, wet and slickery here this am Hoping for a bit of sun or wind to dry it out a bit this afternoon.

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Walpole Brodonkulous is happening right now.
    National Champion is rocking my local network!

Shams Powell?

Unfortunately someone just wrecked hard. We might be done for the day.
    I've crashed two out of three sections myself.
    But this one is bad.
    Matt Siebus I think it is. Mondo Concussion.
    Bummer
    crab in my shoe mouth

Healing vibes to whomever knocked their head!

Vietnam! Been a couple years since I've been, but the place is always fun!

From my last time @ Thunder. Made sure to rock the Maggot jersey.

Buddy flatted prior run, just @ the start going into Schist. He just hoofed back up a bit to catch the lift down, while I managed to snag another run.

Catching the last.

Local colors from a couple days back.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Slipped on some damp rocks while leaf blowing traails today. Put my hand down to brace the fall. Must've struck a nerve (and hard) because my whole hand went instantly numb and I thought I broke something as my 4th and 5th fingers were totally limp and I couldn't move them. Had a lot of thoughts race through my mind while I hustled back to the car, thinking I was going to have pay urgent care a visit. Luckily I wasn't too far from the car and some of the other guys in the trail crew hadn't made their way out from our starting point just yet. By the time I peeled my glove off, feeling was starting to come back and I realized everything was more or less okay. Things'll be sore for a bit but its nowhere near as bad as I feared. Went ahead and did some more leaf blowing and general cleanup to try to salvage the morning, looking forward to getting back out soon-ish to enjoy the trails.

B St is in good shape after the storm last week. Creeks have water for the doggies. Found some rocks that must be newish, none of us had seen them before. And I'm taking a lap for being the suck at pictures.