Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I've never ridden down there. I get the sense its a lot of two track?
    I've never been to Duxbury so I'm not sure how much double track they have. Wompatuck has a lot of single track with some double mixed in there. You can easily get 20+ miles of singletrack there if you link trails together.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I've never been to Duxbury so I'm not sure how much double track they have. Wompatuck has a lot of single track with some double mixed in there. You can easily get 20+ miles of singletrack there if you link trails together.
    I've ridden Wompy a handful of times. Really like it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Sweet info! my in-laws are in Lisbon. We get up there a couple times a year. I usually bring a bike in hopes of ride escapement, but it rarely happens. They are on big chunk of wooded acreage. Generally I just go dink about in the woods on their property.

Have been to B-bury a couple times, and Sunday River (which was fantastic!) on the big bike once. Would love to check out more local stuff when up there next!

The dudes I ran into at Sunday showed me some goods. Lots of steep, old scool techy DH. Loved our last run, descending down from way above the lifts!
    When you're in Lisbon next get Steve Kilburn (manager at Gorham Bike in Brunswick) to give you a local tour. He loves showing local routes in Bath & Brunswick. Big fat bike fan too.

I need to start spending more time at SR, keep missing that. Will travel that far in winter, but hold back in summer for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Thanks for the beta dude! Know it won't be 2500' shuttle laps on my lunch break like the good old Jackson days but I can have a lot of fun with 400' of vert. JHMR bike park was barely over 300' and still an absolute blast.

I'm a little less psyched on flat root mazes, particularly in finding trails my wife will want to ride, but this has been super helpful.

Now just need a mag with a house in CV/Conway/kingdom that wants to rent their house to us, dog friendly, for $100 mid week. Any offers?
    Blackstrap can work for you then. There is lots of potential for trail work for motivated people on that land as long as it's not rogue. The Allspeed folks have a good relationship with the land managers, there is even latitude to build features in there.

For less rooty, start with the Presumpscot (from Washington Ave) & Stroudwater (from Congress) river trails in the Portland Trails network. Stroudwater especially is nice, no junctions to worry about for a solid half hour. New Gorham trails also.

Anyone ever attend this dirt fest event in PA? Looks like it could be a decent time.

http://www.pa.dirtragdirtfest.com

eob - It should be a good event and worth the travel time. I've only heard good things about the trails there. I'll be there on Thursday helping out at the booths for the companies I rep but can't stay for the whole thing, family stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone ever attend this dirt fest event in PA? Looks like it could be a decent time.

Never been and never ridden in PA, but everything I've heard about this event is super positive and that Pittsburg/E PA/DirtRag scene is old, established and supposed to be awesome in every way. TR it up yo!

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I ended up riding yesterday too and most of the snow at Wompatuck is gone. That place dries out quick so mud wasn't much of an issue. I bet everything will firm up nicely after a night of freezing. I bet tomorrow will be good to ride but I'd be wary of icey patches.

If you want to go further south, I heard Miles Standish park in Duxbury is bone dry and 100% dirt.
    I heard North Hill Marsh in Duxbury is dry and down to dirt. Never personally been there.

What are you NE riders running for trail riding rubber, esp Portland peeps? Gonna be bringing my magic Mary front/rock razor combo east with me but curious how that semi slick will do when it's slick roots instead of dry dirt. At some point will be psyched to try maxxis' extra fat non plus tires for the 29" wheels. 29 x 2.6" sounds super for east coast rocks n roots. Also gonna have to think a little more about rolling resistance now that it won't just be single climb/single descent west coast terrain.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I ran a DHF and a minion SS or rock razer for most of the racing I did last year. There are days you will slip a tiny bit while pedaling, but not really too bad. Keeps you honest and you get used to staying loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    I ran a DHF and a minion SS or rock razer for most of the racing I did last year. There are days you will slip a tiny bit while pedaling, but not really too bad. Keeps you honest and you get used to staying loose.
    Cool. You doing mad enduros? Checked the list and there's a pretty astonishing amount of them. Would be fun to hit up one or two this summer and fall!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Anospa is the most enduro of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    What are you NE riders running for trail riding rubber, esp Portland peeps? Gonna be bringing my magic Mary front/rock razor combo east with me but curious how that semi slick will do when it's slick roots instead of dry dirt. At some point will be psyched to try maxxis' extra fat non plus tires for the 29" wheels. 29 x 2.6" sounds super for east coast rocks n roots. Also gonna have to think a little more about rolling resistance now that it won't just be single climb/single descent west coast terrain.
    I run Minion DHF/DHR 3.0s on my hardtail. I was running Ardents on my full suspension bike, but those are definitely more of an out west tire that kind of suck on the riding around here.

The maddest of enduroers.

They're a great time, we're really fortunate to have the race scene and organizers that we do.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

I have ridden out there. Fun flowy trails. More flowy than 90% of the stuff you will find in the NE. Not a ton of vert.

I am racing ESC #1 at the end of April in Stroudsburg. Super fun trails there. Hopefully this fucking rain stops soon so we can actually go outside!!!

More mud. Great

A foot of snow here in NH. It is going to be a while for the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I run Minion DHF/DHR 3.0s on my hardtail. I was running Ardents on my full suspension bike, but those are definitely more of an out west tire that kind of suck on the riding around here.
    Yep!

I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 26" 2.8 version of the DHF/DHRII.

Supposed to be coming soon!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Just realized UVM graduation is the same weekend as dirt fest. God damn. Roommate of 4 years on the 5 year plan is graduating and it sounds like a bunch of my other roomies are going up for it…

go ride, or be a good friend… guess there's always next year for dirt fest

Never been, but hear good things.

Bro-in-law has booked us spots/camping for this year.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Was able to sneak in back-to-back rides on pavement before we look to get shut down again due to the weather. Anyone here ride the Raid Lamoille?

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Never been, but hear good things.

Bro-in-law has booked us spots/camping for this year.
    I did dirt fest a few years ago. We did up by renting a little houseboat with two other couples. Tons of fun!

Did the extended commute last night, GPS hit 20.0 exactly as I rolled into the driveway at home, such a beautiful day!

Long time no post on here, but looking to see if anyone has some beta on a good Wompy loop. Haven't ridden there yet, but looking to make the drive to dry trails this weekend.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    Long time no post on here, but looking to see if anyone has some beta on a good Wompy loop. Haven't ridden there yet, but looking to make the drive to dry trails this weekend.
    They have a map there. The stuff on the west/southwest is less technical than when you go further east. I've parked at the main visitor center and starting riding out the back and making lefts and each intersection...