Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Hahahaha. Bringing this thread back into focus!

Maybe next debate: best vape for the trail? Mine has a G on it, but will need to be abandoned at home so I can try and keep up on the group ride tonight.
    Yeah, with that attitude for sure yer getting dropped.
    It's fucking Maine, dumfee. Weed is legal. Freak flag, let it fly.
    And what about yer high altitude lung power? Huh, dumfee?
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I carry only a cod piece to protect my junk from regular dick punches.

Heading to Ascutney the next two afternoons btw.
    So our other name for kooks is to just call someone a Cod fwiw!

Potential for greasy granite is high for da ride tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Yeah, with that attitude for sure yer getting dropped.
    It's fucking Maine, dumfee. Weed is legal. Freak flag, let it fly.
    And what about yer high altitude lung power? Huh, dumfee?
    Take a lap
    I believe I will be taking not just one, but multiple laps this fine evening
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I carry only a cod piece to protect my junk from regular dick punches.

Heading to Ascutney the next two afternoons btw.
    Rode Ascutney this morning. Trails were a bit slick but riding great. Every time I ride there it's a ghost town. I hope that never changes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Long week of chores and projects (minus) one visit from the mother-in-law tomorrow (=) Woodstock Inn today, Ascutney tomorrow, GMT Saturday and Kingdom Sunday. Great Caesar's Ghost I am stoked!

Also I built a bike rack today out of 40' of pvc pipe. As a suburbs raised Jewish kid who was taught to fear tools and such, this is an enormous achievement for me.

Edit: TGR @ Killington this Saturday at 6:30, UnReal being screened outside of Snowshed Lodge. I can't go (rodeo, for real), but should be fun- the summer mtb scene at Kton is growing.
    Last edited by biggins; 07-27-2017 at 03:40 PM.

We got 50yds into the ride and this just happened...

Oof.

Pro adjustment ...time to ride!

Long week of chores and projects (minus) one visit from the mother-in-law tomorrow (=) Woodstock Inn today, Ascutney tomorrow, GMT Saturday and Kingdom Sunday. Great Caesar's Ghost I am stoked!
    I'll be kingdom all weekend if you're up for a lap/ beer.

Strong likelihood that I'll be in the seacoast area tomorrow night if anyone's around. Visiting family in Kittery so I might be able to squeeze in a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Pro adjustment ...time to ride!
    I hear 1x9 is the hottest new trend.

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I hear 1x9 is the hottest new trend.
    1 X 9.37 provides optimum Q ratio
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

As usual some funny stuff, stoke and a few sad posts.

Straw jack should sell that fanny pack to Dunfee for $500 who can sell it for $1000 on e-bay. $500 to fix Straws drivetrain and beer, $500 for Dunfee to pay Butta for enduro training = win!

Some great riding this week and an awesome weekend on tap. Get After It!!!!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post

Strong likelihood that I'll be in the seacoast area tomorrow night if anyone's around. Visiting family in Kittery so I might be able to squeeze in a ride.
    Ah, I'd like to show you around our trails, but I'll be at DSO next two nights. Next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Straw jack should sell that fanny pack to Dunfee for $500 who can sell it for $1000 on e-bay. $500 to fix Straws drivetrain and beer, $500 for Dunfee to pay Butta for enduro training = win!
    Ha! That was not my cassette. Thankfully we were close to the cars and had the tools to pull the cassette off and were able to break off that piece.

It was a ride of mechanical issues for the three of us. None as bad as that, but definitely a weird ride. I flatted my tubeless and could not find the leak. Had to throw a tube in. I was due for a new tire anyway, but I'm thinking it was the valve. That one is getting old.

I ended up overheating and hitting a wall with a mile to go which was strange because it wasn't that hot. Had a lot of c-game moments, but then I cleaned a log ride and a spine line on a granite boulder that I hardly ever make. Strange days, strange days indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

It was a ride of mechanical issues for the three of us. None as bad as that, but definitely a weird ride. I flatted my tubeless and could not find the leak. Had to throw a tube in. I was due for a new tire anyway, but I'm thinking it was the valve. That one is getting old.
    Wow. I had no idea that my mentioning of mechanicals and having the right tools on-board would have such an immediate impact. And here I figured it would effect buttah.

I mean that's how it works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Going to be near Lake Sunapee for a couple days in August, Pinnacle sounds worth a look. Anything else around there? Do you have to do lift served at Mt Sunapee/Evolution?

Franklin Falls Dam?
    You need to buy a ticket to ride the trails at Sunapee. $20 for two hours, $25 for three and $30 for the day. Only four or five trails though.

Harding Hill is just a few minutes from the Sunapee traffic circle. There was supposedly a race there last weekend, so the trails should be in good shape.

Pinnacle is pretty cool, but it was hit pretty hard by a wind storm two years ago. Not sure if it ever got cleaned up. Trying to get motivated to head over there and check it out myself.

I raced the Pinnacle last year, it's good to go. Fun place to race/ride.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I'll be kingdom all weekend if you're up for a lap/beer.
    Sunday, around noon or one probably. We usually park up on Darling Hill. Give a shout through PM and maybe we cross streams, I mean paths .

Rode there today. So tres, tres Quebecois, NTTAWWT

The hip pack worked like a charm on today's hour and a half ride. Much cooler and pre-hydrating with 25oz before the ride even allowed me to share water with a buddy who forgot his pack.

Rode there today. So tres, tres Quebecois, NTTAWWT
    I just wish the quebexican dudes would put in some shorts. I'm perfectly fine with the ladies in just spandex, though
    Last edited by Peruvian; 07-28-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Lot of race kits. And trail blocking. Also lots of very nice, friendly Quebecois and doofus Americans too.

Mt. Peg, Woodstock Inn trails:

That looks choice, biggins. Nice close to home option for you and the missus. Excellent.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Killer 2 hour ride this afternoon with a solid crew. The local trails are getting ridden in and are drying out and hardening up nicely.

My jersey pocket began chirriping and sequences of phone tones began at the summit of Mt Wachusett as I finished my third lap. The phone reprogrammed itself and screwed my micro SD card. I shut it off and kept on riding. Cateye Stealth Wireless saves the day. Note to self: ziplocks can preserve the phone, but only if the phone is in one. ...Laps already taken

Four typical Wachusett Loops. Parked at the Echo Lake trailhead. First lap easy, second lap hot and the rest were survival laps.
    Stats:
    49.28 miles
    Route vert gain per lap 1447' x 4 = 5788'
    Avg speed 11.0 mph
    Peak Speed 42.4 mph (on Bolton Road)
    ET 4:26:29
    Last edited by robrox; 07-30-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Woodstock looking loamy, Surface and I have talked about heading down soon.

Wandered up to Perry Hill for the first time in two years. 10 miles 2046 climbing going up and down. Like the general one way flow as I only passed 4 riders, met 4 coming down an up route and saw 2 different adults with one and two kids on the plateau.
    New climb still not easy for average Joe and the Campfire re route is fun. Roots level is high which beats my feet up and so many braids in places it was slightly confusing. Of course if I rode there more often that haze would clear. 7/10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170729_142252.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	209979

No fanny for me, though I had one "back in the day". Washed the mule as it looked like a salt lick. Usual items include patches, co2/cartridges, levers, tube, A keys, small adj., chain tool, quick link and some old money for beer if it appears.
    Small one I wear riding from the house and other than a half load of water and my phone for music and ride tracking it is empty. I can ride from 20minutes to an hour and a half and only be 25 minutes walk max from my house. Weight savings is worth it. If the neighbors dog hadn't stolen my jersey last summer I would leave the pack at home. I'll get another one by fall for pack free riding. I stay hydrated and can do the hour and a half long ride without duress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170729_110259.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	209980

55` bob, early morning riding will be great/fall like.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I rode Perry Friday with a few friends. The new climb it certainly better but still a chore. We did few laps and also ended up doing about 10 miles. Highlight was Burning Spear but Campfire was a nice easy way to break up the butt puckering techy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums