Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Man that is crazy awful. RIP
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Sorry to hear such pain is visited upon the family and community. RIP.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

My friends son was there and was under the impression that Andrew wasn't a racers and the accident happened in the park. Lots of blood on one of the jumps.

Either way it is tragic.

He was entered in Sundays Enduro but crashed free riding jumps Saturday.
    Raced at Victory Hill this year.
    Bad all around for sure.

Yeah, from what I heard, overshot one of the jumps under the lift after you come down the fireroad. That was a terrible site to see from the lift, got on just as they flagged down patrol.

Going fast is awesome, but be safe when having fun. Too many tragedies the last two years in our riding scene.

@Hank Scorpio - great ride out of Rawsonville tonight. The trails down there are in great shape. I think we are going to start riding there on Thursdays and get burgers at Honeypie post ride. Let me know if you are in town and want to ride

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Ugh. Local kid. Terrible news. All of y'all be safe.

Edit: if anyone in the Upper Valley knows the young man or his family and wants to ride: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/A...id=hVUgMXM_xTI

Be careful out there everyone. No sport is worth dying for.

On another note, my wife has a company picnic thing in Noth Hartland VT on Saturday. I hate those types of things so was thinking of driving with her but riding either STAB or Boston Lot trails, neither of which I've ever ridden. Any advice on which one to do or what loops are good?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    On another note, my wife has a company picnic thing in Noth Hartland VT on Saturday. I hate those types of things so was thinking of driving with her but riding either STAB or Boston Lot trails, neither of which I've ever ridden. Any advice on which one to do or what loops are good?
    Ascutney, though I know next to nothing about Boston Lot (I hear it compares a lot to Harold Parker in MA if that helps).

Ascutney is a special place though- go there

Sending you a PM with a route suggestion. Maps for sale at Paradise Sports in Windsor, Claremont (NH) Cycle Depot and Woodstock Sports. Enjoy!

Road last night for an hour in Exeter. Schweatiest ride of the summer and it wasn't even that hot. Went gloveless and could barely hold onto the bars. Bugs just hanging out in my face. Brutal!

Moving to Portland tonight. Psyched for new trails!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Out at 7 pm last night, cool breeze coming down the hill and no stopping = no bugs. Moss is dying out a bit.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

STAB and Boston Lot are both technical, rewarding, slow riding, pleasure zones. STAB has more flow, BL more tech. STAB climbs, but it's never really in your face. BL is more up the gut. Both are well thought out, and are very satisfying places to ride a bike.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Looks a little damp. ^

Back hillfest after work. Finally got a no dab climb up the middle trail that 99.67% of riders only go down. Previous 10 attempts resulted in 1 or 2 bobbles. So crazy dry and grippy I continued up the main downhill until I ran out of steam. Felt good after a long productive work week.

Hope everyone gets out this weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170721_181522.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	209683
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    @Hank Scorpio - great ride out of Rawsonville tonight. The trails down there are in great shape. I think we are going to start riding there on Thursdays and get burgers at Honeypie post ride. Let me know if you are in town and want to ride
    Hey man, thanks for the invite. I should be back in S VT later next week and would be into a ride if the weather lines up. Keep me posted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Carrabassett is riding so well. Finally able to make it up for the first time this summer. The re-work on Newton's Revenge makes that climb much more palatable. Didn't have enough time to ride hardly anything on the Narrow Gauge side (save Newtons -> Oak Knoll). Jabba the Hut was grippy and rad.

A couple of grabs from the Go Pro (pay no mind to the sweat smear along the left These are two of the rock lines along Oak Knoll.

Name:	Oak Knoll Rocks.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	209691

Name:	More Oak Knoll Rocks.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	209692

I'd like to go back and ride Oak Knoll not being totally bonked out at the end of the CBBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I'd like to go back and ride Oak Knoll not being totally bonked out at the end of the CBBC.
    Which loop did you do?

I'd be interested to do the climb again and ride down the new sections of Newton's. I still think the descent on Oak Knoll is the way to ride it. For whatever reason, the climb yesterday felt neverending.

Hey now, gonna be at Trapp Family Lodge for a couple of days in August, with the fam. Not looking to drive anywhere, how are their trails? And what is the preferred route? Looking for nothing more than an 1.5 hour ride.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Nice trails near Trapp.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Yeah, no shit huh.
    Do you even own a MTB?
    I won't slow anyone down, early morning, two hour session? Does it link into other stuff? I do like Florence.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Thanks to Biggins and buttahflake for the recommendation on Ascutney. Place was fun and flowey compared to the rock fest here around Concord. I stopped at the falls for a picture. There was also a mother and father with their 6 or 7 year old and 1 or 1.5 year old in a soft carrier stopped for a formula break when I took this

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Yeah, no shit huh.
    Do you even own a MTB?
    I won't slow anyone down, early morning, two hour session? Does it link into other stuff? I do like Florence.
    Ha, Easy two hours around Trapp. h-ball built the Trapps trails, Pipeline, Kimmers and Hardys Haul in addition to Flo. Maybe pm him to see what he recommends. If it works for me work wise I'll come up and ride with you. I have a loop I like there. Trapps connects to Cady Hill/ Flo by Pipeline > High School.

Out this afternoon with StuckinBrooklyn riding some Denny. Went well until he broke his week old Ski Rack installed chain. Short walk back for him, I didn't bring my large Camelback with tools as my steed has been running like bacon and he had none as well.
    FUCKING mosquitoes were cloud like when I stopped for him to catch up and a bonus collection of deer flies as well. Must have got tagged 25-30 times.
    Stuck is getting his roll on, over the front first attempt on this rock loop, called do over which he cleaned and decided to do it again. Much improved from last year.

Name:	20170722_184017-1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	209737

Name:	20170722_184022-1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	209736
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Excellent, thanks Vt. The bugs are next level. West Nile detected not far from here, down in Bratt. The grip was as good as I've seen it all year, today. Absolutely pinned on the lower broduro section. I love bikes.
    crab in my shoe mouth

VTFreeheel speaks the truth, linking these trails up fucking rules. Pipeline is the highlight, if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums