Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Do you have a link to the LSC SP mtb video

Another, drier 55 miler (2700+ feet of gain). Notch Brewery's Session Pils for the perfect finish.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

The Pave' Madness was freaking mental!
    Never have I spent so much time riding through water and mud. Soul crushing climbs and hairball descents. Had to wade through a waste deep, beaver pond. Fundraiser for the VT Food Shelf, with a fun after party featuring a new player in the beer scene. Upper Valley has a new up and comer in River Roost Brewing. That stuff is nectar!
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1075775087
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Never have I spent so much time riding through water and mud. Soul crushing climbs and hairball descents. Had to wade through a waste deep, beaver pond. Fundraiser for the VT Food Shelf, with a fun after party featuring a new player in the beer scene. Upper Valley has a new up and comer in River Roost Brewing. That stuff is nectar!
    Nice! One way to get Beaver, eh?

Great ride yesterday. New wheelset makes the old bike ride with renewed vigor!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Great ride yesterday. New wheelset makes the old bike ride with renewed vigor!
    What did you get for a wheelset? And yeah, the first time I spent cash to upgrade I wondered why I hadn't done it previously. My new purchase that I don't have yet will be interesting though, as I don't think I'm saving weight going from 29 to 2.8 650b, but it will be a different ride that I'm looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    What did you get for a wheelset? And yeah, the first time I spent cash to upgrade I wondered why I hadn't done it previously. My new purchase that I don't have yet will be interesting though, as I don't think I'm saving weight going from 29 to 2.8 650b, but it will be a different ride that I'm looking forward to.
    I bought a set of Stan's Flow mk3 from smmokan. Nice and wide at 29mm which let me drop the psis and get more carvability and traction out of the same tires.

Funny, that's what I have on order. My shop is building them with a DT350 hub.

Mostly backyard riding as most of the area network is a series of mudpits. Biggest problem is larger groups hammering the new holes mercilessly. I was talking to someone and we agreed that this is the wettest and muddiest we have ever seen it.
    Out the door and on trail in 40 seconds, looped all but Garbage Can for 6.19 miles and 1515' of climbing. Really need to get out and ride some rolly polly trail soon.

On the other hand, today will be the driest day in weeks before rain returns tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170709_133043_001.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	209338
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 07-12-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/vt/nwis/rt
    The Dog and Mad River watersheds have had the most above average surface water readings for weeks now state-wide. Still we are at or above the 90th percentile on the Dog but things are dropping fast. Northfield trails got hammered by folks from areas with VMBA chapters who closed their trails. Seems the clubbers just drive off to someone else's backyard to take a dump. Trout are happy. Hopefully the last half of the summer delivers on some stretches of nice trail conditions.

Ascutney is good to go. We've been drying out down here. Walpole town loop was full send on Monday. First time this year.
    crab in my shoe mouth

VYCC was out on Monday helping the USFS harden one of the trails that they are finally making legit in town. I will admit that their hard labor rode quite nicely tonight.

Local kid made JOTD on the zip line after a ride earlier this week.

https://www.facebook.com/jerryofthed...6545168436376/

Did a ridiculous ride near my folks' place in Jamaica - combo of overgrown singletrack, snow mobile trails, dirt roads, class IV roads, rail trail - everything imaginable in a short 11 miler.

We just finalized our new house in Barre so gonna pop my Millstone cherry on Friday after the home inspection. Lots of new trails to explore this fall. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Did a ridiculous ride near my folks' place in Jamaica - combo of overgrown singletrack, snow mobile trails, dirt roads, class IV roads, rail trail - everything imaginable in a short 11 miler.
    Ironman?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Ironman?
    Nah. I started in Jamaica State Park, pedaled up the dam and picked up some primitive single/double track after that. After I figured I was lost, it spit me out on a class IV road which then dumped me in the center of Jamaica. Kinda got lucky.

Should've made the drive to Ascutney.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Nah. I started in Jamaica State Park, pedaled up the dam and picked up some primitive single/double track after that. After I figured I was lost, it spit me out on a class IV road which then dumped me in the center of Jamaica. Kinda got lucky.

Should've made the drive to Ascutney.
    If you came down a steep hillside with lots of sketchy bridges made out of 2x6 and ended behind the village school, you probably rode most of what we call Ironman. I haven't been down there in years but for a while (10-12 years ago) it was worth the drive. Since then many more trails have been located. Let me know if you are in town next week as I think we are headed down to ride near Gale Meadows and then have burgers at Honeypie afterwards.

Wholly humid last night. Damn. I actually stopped and wringed out my shirt but it made me lighter and I killed it on the next climb

More rain today...shit was just drying out nicely.

Not bad humidity last night in the MRV as the front coming in from the NW pushed it out. Still sweat like a long haired dog. Currently light rain and socked in bob.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Not bad humidity last night in the MRV as the front coming in from the NW pushed it out. Still sweat like a long haired dog. Currently light rain and socked in bob.
    Yeah, that came thru later in the evening for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Wholly humid last night. Damn. I actually stopped and wringed out my shirt but it made me lighter and I killed it on the next climb

More rain today...shit was just drying out nicely.
    Yeah I was in your 'hood yesterday and it was really nice, humid but nice, when I left at 4pm. Just a few minutes after I hit the 95/495 junction it slowed down and then it took 2.5 hours to get as far as Acton MA That sukkkked From there it took another 4.5 hours to get home. The whole ride should have been under 4 hours. Hopefully I can get back up that way again next week and have a bike with me and time to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah I was in your 'hood yesterday and it was really nice, humid but nice, when I left at 4pm. Just a few minutes after I hit the 95/495 junction it slowed down and then it took 2.5 hours to get as far as Acton MA That sukkkked From there it took another 4.5 hours to get home. The whole ride should have been under 4 hours. Hopefully I can get back up that way again next week and have a bike with me and time to ride.
    495 and 128 can be hell. I'm only on those roads a couple times a year and everything about them is just broken.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    You are bonkers, all you Overlanders are insane. I saw some video of the beaver pond and talked to some folks who were in it and, you're all masochists.

As a mere (husky) mortal, I will be attempting to stay on my bike in the Farm to Fork Medio this Sunday. Very bougie- farm fresh food sag stations and lots of old people in full kits. I will be slow, but I will be stoked.

Rock on y'all, this weather can frickin' suck it!

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Peter Vollers has created a monster. Vermont Overland is so addictive. Looking forward to riding the big Overland in August. 700 freaks will be cruising the back roads and class 4 on the 24th!
    Went to Ascutney today with my brother and nephew. Western boys handled the greasy roots and rocks with aplomb.

And yes, 100%. This weather fucking sucks.
    crab in my shoe mouth

PS- River Roost is old news . It's also f'n amazeballs. And yes, I get a dick punch for using amazeballs.