Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Well I'm pretty sure most of you guys would drop me. It won't really bother me though unless they start the safety meeting without me.

My comment was in jest GL, as I don't roadie ride, and we never mtn ride that way.

Me either. The only pavement I ever see from behind a handlebar is on the rail trails. I'm pretty much allergic to road riding anymore. Chances are pretty good that if there's climbing involved on a mt ride that I'd get dropped, my fat old self doesn't care to try too hard anymore. I know I will always get to the top eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Is this a drop ride?
    Yes, once I drop exhausted in a heap you all have to carry my dead weight and bike back to the car. There I will drop my beer after one too many and possibly drop my pants as well. A drop ride indeed.

Left 4 dead.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Peruvian- how far are you from Lake St. Catherine SP? Sounds like some cool stuff is going down there trail wise?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Peruvian- how far are you from Lake St. Catherine SP? Sounds like some cool stuff is going down there trail wise?
    30 miles.....2 hours away. Don't you know your VT geography yet?

That's not 2 hours. We used to make it from Castleton to Bromley in a little over an hour. Granted that was a bunch of 18 year olds in a car but... biggins I just saw some videos from there yesterday, it does look pretty good. There's also some really nice trails towards the north end of Lake Bomoseen that some guy has been cutting for 20 years. They're totally off the grid and really nice. If you're ever headed that way you should make a mission to find them. Chaz at Frog Hollow bikes in Middlebury turned me onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    30 miles.....2 hours away. Don't you know your VT geography yet?
    Cahn't get theah from heah.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That's not 2 hours. We used to make it from Castleton to Bromley in a little over an hour. Granted that was a bunch of 18 year olds in a car but... biggins I just saw some videos from there yesterday, it does look pretty good. There's also some really nice trails towards the north end of Lake Bomoseen that some guy has been cutting for 20 years. They're totally off the grid and really nice. If you're ever headed that way you should make a mission to find them. Chaz at Frog Hollow bikes in Middlebury turned me onto them.
    Saw the same videos. SW VT needs trail. Word word.

Wicked storm came through last night bub.

^ Muckity muck.

Bomoseen = mosquito nesting grounds and deer tick haven, you've been warned.
    Mineral soil backyard riding ok right now. Even after 9 3/4" of rain from the 22nd to the 1st. One BY trail closure down low, of course the 4 riders ahead of me ignored the closure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170702_161008.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	208957
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^The time I was there last year, I think it was late summer, I didn't really think the bugs were that bad. Maybe it's the essential oil cocktail I use, skeeters hate the stuff and I can watch ticks jump off my lower legs rather than hang out. This year it's been pretty terrible for flying stinging pests but while they swarm around my face and head they don't land. Tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus and cedarwood - about 8 drops each into ~6 oz water in a spray bottle. Cover exposed areas with a thin sheen, don't forget the back of your neck and face and make sure to get your shoes and lower legs twice. I'm also hearing more and more to use one or two Bounce dryer sheets under the helmet and sticking out the top of socks.

My first New England ride in a long time--did 20 miles dialing in the Ripley around Great Brook and Russell Mills outside of Boston. Nice to be back in the saddle after a long hiatus, and NEMBA has done a lot of work since the last time I lived here. Excited to explore more.

Just went gravelling (mostly paved, guh) around town and man, the amount of damage done on Saturday coupled with the unbelievable amount of work that's happened on the roads since is unreal. Hope a lot of neighbors can get assistance for driveway repair, things are ugly for a lot of folks. Grind was good, though. An adventure- loose packed dirt, gravel wash and ruts, ruts, ruts (not as fun as sluts, sluts, sluts, I know), but then plenty of pavement for to calm me nerves.

Back on singletrack tomorrow [\end blog].

Happy frickin' fourth ya filthy animals! If anyone is at STAB tomorrow morning, look for a giant wookie on a black bike, enduro-ed to the 9's... bro.

Falmouth off hurricane road for a change. I haven't ridden blackstrap in a year and it's amazing how much of it kicks my ass. Gorgeous day.

Anyone that might be a little north of the immediate NY Metro tomorrow morning is welcome to join in for a ride. Looks like puurrfect weather for it. Happy 4th all

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^The time I was there last year, I think it was late summer, I didn't really think the bugs were that bad.
    Last year was the worst drought in years. I honestly only saw 3 or 4 mosquitoes all summer and never got bit. Blackflys were fairly bad with 4 or 5 hatches into July.
    That whole area up through to Charlotte is a swamp. Don't buy a sammich in Brandon and try to eat it outside, even at high noon in the full sun. There is an unnamed riding area that is so mosquito ridden we have sat in the lot while a hundred or so bounced off the windows trying to get in. We left.

Tons of rain around here, but no bad flooding that I have seen. Out riding the sport bike today and hardly any dirt on the roads.

Happy 4th, enjoy the ride!
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

^ Good points, I hadn't thought of how dry it was last year in comparison to most. Too bad because otherwise it's a nice place to ride.

Ascutney was dry as a bone:
    Bless this bountiful land of ours. Cheers y'all.

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

Big ass ride in the Grove today.

Damn, 17 yo nordies are like golden retrievers! They were goofing around on the road climb doing no hand wheelies and still kicked my ass the entire 15 miles of mud, slime, and slop.

Of course they can't put away 2 g&ts, an IPA, and a kolsch post ride, so I've got them there.

Back to the potluck for more boozing, 400 oysters, and fireworks.

Happy Independence Day, Everyone.

Carrabassett Valley trail crew gets it done

Worked a few new lines and got a bunch of maintenance done that we've been ignoring like single log dead fall and transitions that have turned into compression holes from impacts. Solid five hours in the woods...but we'll be smiling for many rides to come for it.

Bugs were not bad and relatively low humidity is always nice. ...and not one fucking tick!

Riding Denny long today, a bit muddy in the same spots it has been for 25 years. Dab free Jug toward the end was a highlight. 70" and breezy made for great riding. Only a few skeets, they should ramp up quick now that the monsoon is over.

Fucking steers hit a bunch of trail over a large area, tracks a mile and a half apart, along a mile of trail I rode. Punched a shitload of 3-5" deep holes all over the place which will fill up with water on Thursday and sog the tread.

Hard to blame them as they are likely avoiding this guy.

Local market pulled a case of this out of the back cooler yesterday. Sure is tasty, need to make my way over there as Tunbridge is such a beautiful area.

Fireworks over, hope y'all had a great forth!
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Yesterday was the last day of school, today begins the season of 5+ rides / week.

Vietnam area was mostly dry, can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!!

Does anyone have a close up of the pivot point? I've built a couple teeters, but never on a manmade post. That one seems pretty smooth. We have a perfect spot for a similar set up.