Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    What did you think of the Sb4.5? I was somewhat in the same boat as you and just decided to rebuild my Ripley, but couldn't find a 4.5 to demo.

Second kid finally arrived last Monday (another little boy) and so looking forward to getting on the bike after the family clears out.
    The SB4.5 was the most "flickable" 29er I've ridden. On the down hills the frame just disappeared and it was super fast edge to edge. However, I had to choose my line carefully which is not the case on the Hightower 27.5+.

The HT just blasts through and over everything. It was the most interesting bike I tried. I know pj09 races a lot so I can see why the plus bike might not have fit his style.

The Trek felt cheap and unsturdy. The TB3 was the fastest of the bunch but I just wasn't blown away enough to replace my TB1 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    I tried the hightower with the plus wheels and a bronson. I was underwhelmed by the hightower, but really enjoyed the bronson. I would love to see how they would fare on the standard rooty/rocky CT trails as opposed to buff, flowy KT
    If sticking with SC, IMO, based on what you've said -

the 5010 is you man.

I'm extremely happy with mine for CT and other various northeast riding.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Hello. Bridge to nowhere? Cool pic.

^^ Haha

Took me bit to get over the mind fuck and commit to this one, but riding it confidently now

Last edited by JayPowHound; 06-24-2017 at 10:59 PM.

I caught up briefly with buttahflake after he completed the RAS ride in town yesterday. 45 miles of dirt road, class 4 trail, and other horrors. I've got respect for all those that finished. Well done!

Good to see you, G. Awesome course, I was shredding it for the first 25, and going backwards for the last 20. Under-hydrated from the start, ran out of water, on a day where the dew point was over 70 degrees. Needless to say, I went deep into the pain cave..That's a great event, fundraiser for Rare and Serious diseases. That little fella, Shane, cute as hell. Rock Art keg and good food, brought me back from the depths of hell. Still managed to hold off the KMS and SMS kids, finished 8th. Muddy, sloppy fun times on a bicycle. Good scene over that way, Peru is kind.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Dirty-Road-a-Coaster in Brownsville/Woodstock/Hartland. We did the "beginner" course, 30 miles and 3200ft of dirt, class four and some grassy backyard. I a little bit want to die still. There was some walking up hills involved. It was not pretty, but I finished. Buttah and the rest of that scene are wicked haaaard core.

I also walked a few times yesterday. It's all part of the game. I love the old school, grassroots vibe at these gigs. Reminds me of MTB racing in the late 80's, early 90's. Keep this one on your radar. Best after party going. Hill country NH hippies, know wood fired pie!
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^ Haha

Took me bit to get over the mind fuck and commit to this one, but riding it confidently now

Nothing like pedaling uphill in your granny gear into a see saw to build confidence haha.

Rode Thunder for the first time this weekend. Awesome, awesome trails. Really great mix of flow and tech, and thankfully the two mixed together on the same trail in many cases. Not a braking bump in sight anywhere, hRdly seems like they get enough traffic too.

Took my first timer friend up and he fell HARD multiple times at the start. Couldn't believe how bad he was slamming. Checked his tires, they were basically rocks. So sketchy and in the wet. Dropped some pressure which made his afternoon a lot betternhaha.

Only got to try the XC ride on the Thunder side this am. Technically still pretty demanding so new dude buddy was struggling. Found a guy with a busted shoulder we helped to patrol and that was the day! Def will have to come back.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Nice job grinding out the gravel guys. Maybe I should get out on the CX bike and train for some pizza. Trail running on off days now, but some mellow bike miles might be good.
    Picked up 3 1/4" of rain Thursday night through Saturday 9am bob. Trails were damp Sat. evening.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I also walked a few times yesterday. It's all part of the game. I love the old school, grassroots vibe at these gigs. Reminds me of MTB racing in the late 80's, early 90's. Keep this one on your radar. Best after party going. Hill country NH hippies, know wood fired pie!
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    That does look fun, we'll see if I can get my fitness in better order by then. And yes- the vibe is cool, roadies WITHOUT the superiority complex. Lots of 6'2", 150lb dudes, but all super nice and encouraging. I had a lot of fun in spite of a constant feeling of horror and pain.

I must say, the best thing about these events in the UV is the regular sponsorship of McNamara Dairy- their chocolate milk is what gets me through the final miles of these things. Oh my god that shit is good after crushing one's body completely.

I drink a gallon a week. Love McNamara chocolate milk!
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^ Haha

That's looks fun! I think I'm going to build one! Thanks!

We got out for an hour and a half and back to the trucks just before the rain started. We ran into a black bear along the trail but I didn't get my phone out before it was deep in the woods.

Humid in the trees plus no wind today made for bug-city. Had my first tick stuck to me but the dirt was tacky and fun!

Heck of a day for some flow trail lapping.

Also, wife placed second in our distance in the DROC, I placed third...

...out of three.

Lapped everyone on the couch, good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Lapped everyone on the couch, good work guys!
    I'm comin' to get'cha in the ESC... ha!

Novice Enduro is supposedly coming to Woodstock soon, so I think that may be my destiny. Also rumors of some local lift-served being developed, pm rontele for details. Kidding again, but not about the lift-served... Rontele- come to Ascutney some time.
    Last edited by biggins; 06-28-2017 at 06:58 PM.

70 miler today, wondered if I could make Harvard from Melrose, but decided on a U-turn at Littleton Common. That Oak Hill Rd. climb to Harvard will have to wait a spell.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Rontele- come to Ascutney some time.

This.

EC STAB summit/beer exchange?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    This.

Sign me up!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

That's an easy sell! I'll be there puking in the rain tomorrow for an xc race.

My vote would be for a September mini, but I'm game for anytime between now and then minus a week in Aug I have to do the ol' family trip.

On another note, SIDESHOW BOB!!!!

Beautiful day up at megaK watching the endurpros, bros and sisses rip around and course preview. Cheers all, have a great holiday weekend!

Good luck Anospa! Hopefully see you out there if things don't get stormed up too bad.

Right on man, I'll be holding down my breakfast as best I can. Pretty bummed I couldn't make the enduro, love racing Killington in July, its always a wet struggle-fest. I'll be back in the area Monday/Tuesday, tomorrow's a quick trip.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    This.

Is this a drop ride?