Thread: hp printer ink

hp printer ink

i have a 10 year old 7310 all in one. the ink cartridges are $100 for one black (860pp) and one color (560pp).

does anybody have any experience refilling cartridges or online discount sellers? nobody will work on this unit anymore so i dont want to screw anything up that i can't fix.

gracias!

My experiance owning an ink jet printer and also as a recovering HW tech ... don't buy ink jet printers

The cost per copy is really high so unless you actualy need all them colors get a lazer, when my all in one ink jet shit the bed after the ink dryed up in the head I bought a cheap lazer and I can still use the functions of the all in one that still work... it still recieves a fax
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have an HP printer that i bought from Costco, and they refill the cartridges. You might try them.

We have cartridges refilled at Costco, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When they don't work costco refunds the cost of the refill. I don't think you can keep refilling them; once or twice maybe. I've also used off brand cartridges for HP with frequent failures.

We had an old HP all in one that we retired recently. Cartridges for ours were about $45 for the pair, still very pricey considering how quickly they ran out. No way should you pay $100 for cartridges, because we bought a brand new all in one (Brother) for about that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

hp printer ink

These guys will ship or pick up a couple next trip down here

http://www.redundantcartridge.com

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We have cartridges refilled at Costco, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When they don't work costco refunds the cost of the refill. I don't think you can keep refilling them; once or twice maybe. I've also used off brand cartridges for HP with frequent failures.
    So they don't work sometimes but does using refilled ink jet ink cartridges ever phuck up the printer ?

I used to have big customers who used recycled lazer toner cartridges which often often gave poor print and/or leaked made a phucking mess, they had an all encompassing service agreement so instead of dealing with it them selves they just put in a service call for which I would write a large bill in spite of the service agreement

they would ask why/what happened and I would tell them that using them recycled toner cartridges was like buying hay that had already been thru the cow
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-26-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So they don't work sometimes but does using refilled ink jet ink cartridges ever phuck up the printer ?
    not so far for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We had an old HP all in one that we retired recently. Cartridges for ours were about $45 for the pair, still very pricey considering how quickly they ran out. No way should you pay $100 for cartridges, because we bought a brand new all in one (Brother) for about that.
    putting it that way it hurts even worse. i didnt want to part with it because it was a beast for years but ink is a killer. my heavy printing days are mostly over but i may have to examine other options.

thanks for all the input everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    putting it that way it hurts even worse. i didnt want to part with it because it was a beast for years but ink is a killer. my heavy printing days are mostly over but i may have to examine other options.
    How long do the carts last you? Amazon has sellers doing the 2 cart combo pack for $65. If that lasts you awhile maybe it's worth it otherwise maybe it's time for a new printer. Like others I've had issues with refilled/remanufactured carts so I've avoided them but maybe they're better now.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A new all in one printer can probably be found for 100$ but Its my understanding the ink or toner cartridges that come with new printers are not as full as the replacements you will very soon have to purchase

If you really only need to print text a lazer printer is way cheaper, and if you don't use a lazer for awhile no problem it will still work

I looked at lexmark and (back then at least) there was a print head in every ink cartridge so the cartridges were more expensive than printers with cartridges that just held the ink, but as I later learned the lexmark cartridges probably wouldn't have dryed out and rendered the printer completely inoperable like my brother all in one inkjet ...should have bought that lexmark

I now have a cheap brother lazer to augment the eslightyl dead ink jet

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    A new all in one printer can probably be found for 100$ but Its my understanding the ink or toner cartridges that come with new printers are not as full as the replacements you will very soon have to purchase

If you really only need to print text a lazer printer is way cheaper, and if you don't use a lazer for awhile no problem it will still work

I looked at lexmark and (back then at least) there was a print head in every ink cartridge so the cartridges were more expensive than printers with cartridges that just held the ink, but as I later learned the lexmark cartridges probably wouldn't have dryed out and rendered the printer completely inoperable like my brother all in one inkjet ...should have bought that lexmark

I now have a cheap brother lazer to augment the eslightyl dead ink jet
    The Lexmark you speak of must be years ago. Lexmark got out of the inkjet business quite some time back- more than 4 years ago. If you want cheaper ink- then you have to go to Canon Inkjets as with them all you are purchasing is the ink in a cartridge. With HP you are purchasing their ink and their print head each time built into the cartridge and typically the color is a tri-chamber with all 3 colors in it, use up one you have to purchase a new color to get it to work wasting the other 2 tanks with ink left.

You should be able to pick up a color laser printer for under the $350 to $400 price range depending on speed and features, less if you shop and can wait for deals if you are lower volume color. It will be coming with starter toners most likely, so then you have to price out the full capacity toners (4 of them) and figure the cost per page to compare the consumables. Remember when figuring the coverage- most all companies use 5% which is way to low for the average color page- unless it is a double spaced business letter with a small amount of color.

Here you go for a replacement printer if you do not need multifunction scanner, printer copier, etc. - duplex and pretty reasonable cost per page.

https://www.adorama.com/rcspc250dn.h...e=rflaid912879 It was on sale earlier for less and free shipping but that has expired. Warning you will still spend more replacing the toner cartridges in the first round when needed than the price of the printer. There are chips on each of the toners with the page count. If you want to order the toner bottles and try drilling the toner cartridges to refill them, you also need to purchase the replacement chips from Ebay or other sources for each of the refills.

Craigslist.

Grace--show us your tits and we'll show you our printers.

Two Mezcal’s, chilled glass, neat.