Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I'm right there with you Undertow. Once my stepson gets out of HS we want to get the heck out of dodge. His dad lives in Chicago. This state is going the wrong direction for me to stick around much longer.

The nice thing about Iowa is that it is with driving distance of Taos, TRide, Utah, JH, Big Sky and everything in between for a weeks vacation and weekend getaways to Denver. And I thought it was normal to burn all your vacation going to the mountains?

The warm weather in Chicago has really kept the crowds down at Chestnut this year. Good for us skiers but bad for the resort. Chicago $$$'d people in Range Rovers and ski sweaters pay the bills at that place and keeps things shiny for dirtbags like us that just like to ski.

After all the doom and gloom this weekend turned out great. They said they were going to be closed so people canceled their rooms and so we were able to get the dog friendly discounted room we love but can't afford to shell out full price for. . Two days of great fresh snow and nobody around. A little cold air and a killer snowmaking system with pipes that draw straight from the Mississippi FTMFW! For what it is Chestnut is a great little skiers hill. All pics from yesterday.

My 6 year old ripper.

Attachment 201176

Attachment 201175

Stepson

Attachment 201177

Attachment 201178

Attachment 201179

Attachment 201180

The wife

Attachment 201181
    UM, first I agree with Hoarhey great family stoke and congrats...

You and I are on the same path... I got remarried and my wife and two stepsons never skied and now I cant keep them away from the hill... We told the boys we would take them anywhere this year for vaca and both were adamant about us taking them to Bach for springbreak... I have been going there for years to close out my season (end of March beginnig of April) and there is where my wife picked to go on our honeymoon...

The above pic is of my youngest stepson and he and I do a solo dudes night every Thursday night... For XMas I bought him some 4Frnt Groms and Dabello boots and the kid went nuts... I am a huge ON3P/Praxis fanboy and he has made it clear that his next set of skis will be ON3P skis... The kid is hooked on the park...

This is me and my wife on our honeymoon and when we are at Bach we are going to look at houses... Once little homie is in HS in 7 years we are gone... He already told us that if we move he is going to College in OR, but I think his pops might have a diff idea...

Enjoy the rest of your season and maybe since we are both on the east coast we can make some turns next year...

Nice! I live near the east coast of Iowa...not the east coast. lolz. Most of the maggots I've met have been random meetings out west. Been many, many places but never Bachelor.

My stepson likes skiing, is good, the whole nine yards, but he doesn't really share the passion for it that my daughter does and he refuses to go into the park even though he loves finding natural features to air off of. We went to Ooootah earlier in the year and he elected to stay home for swim team which blew me away but at least he's stoked to be going to JH in a couple weeks. Meanwhile the daughter stepped up her game at Alta/Bird. Sigh...I guess that is how it goes. He takes after his dad which is completely understandable. My daughter has the passion and she skis like me, which is awesome.

A local friend bought the Charlie Murphies for his kid. I mounted them for him and they are super sick.

This winter is diseased. The new normal I fear. Golf courses were open a few weeks ago. 7th warmest February in MN recorded history. Tied for 2nd all time for least snowiest February. I was just in St Louis for work last week and it looked the same there as it has been for the last month . ☹️

On a good note, I'll be in Haines for some heliskiing in just over a week. Stoke level is high.

Last weekend at Welch was fun. They got a foot of new out of that little storm last week. A "last gasp" so to speak. Got my season pass for next year lined up. Hopefully this year's suffering (personally and communally) will translate into some karmic relief next season.
    Gravity. It's the law.

We still have snow up here in the woods.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Liyyle birds are lyle still up twin falls

Van Halen LIVe THe Shape You're n

Wild Child Smothers Brothers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KvgAhrMGMI

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    We still have snow up here in the woods.
    See ya in a week!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    With the Praxis... That would be me...
    Why hello! I was the guy that was stoked to see you Qs in the shop!