Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB: Solly 957/977/997/900s equipe etc.

Hey all,

I'm trying to stockpile some pairs of cheap reliable binders. Looks won't do because I need to alternate between an AT boot and Alpine boot with decent variation in boot sole from time to time. Anybody have any they'd be willing to part with? I've got brakes bent to fit what I need, and even some partially cannibalized sets so whatever you have for parts let me know. Expanded my interest to 900s. Basically looking for any burly, metal toe and heel binders for cheap

Just pulled some 957 14 din equippes off some skis. Missing both afds and some paint here and there. All metal heel. If I weren't switching I'd still be skiing them. Current brakes are like 100 or 110 non bent stock brakes. I can take pics. All screws. Toss an offer as I got no clue what they are worth. In a box already just needs tape and an address to send to if we agree on $$.

Let me know.

These don't fit the bill if you need all-metal, but I've got a pair of DIN-14 900S Equipe with metal heel cups, composite heel housing, and composite toes. Don't think the 900S toe adjusts quite as high as STH due to a stop on the end of the adjustment screw. I suspect you could easily replace the Spheric AFD baseplates with STH12-Driver/STH-14 AFD's to bring them current. No screws, but if you use inserts in any of your skis you probably have a set of Soli screws sitting around.

Shipping would cost me at least $12, say $30 shipped?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soli900s-din14.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	200054  

Kind of looking for more metal. Having the weight centered at the boot is something I like for the way it handles

Wow you must be a racer. Only time I ever notice the binding is on touring bindings due to either stack height or ramp delta. They hold me in, I'm good.

Good luck.

Nope, just like cheap burly bindings

The ones I listed as well as the other pair are plenty burly shit I put 150 days on mine and they were used when I got em. Shit it's like a 20 yr old binding. Whatever floats the boat though.

Bump to help you get the metal goodness.

bumpin it up for summer closet clearouts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Kind of looking for more metal. Having the weight centered at the boot is something I like for the way it handles
    In that case you don't want 14 dins. They ALL have plastic toes with metal heels, in the models you are looking for. 16 din and up for full metal. The 12 din's are all plastic, ski well and are surprisingly durable, if you can get away with a 10 to 12 din. The more recent driver STH14 and 16 are plastic.

Plastic toes on both I think but I have pairs of 997 (silver/yellow) and 900S (black/yellow). DIN on both is 11 if I remember.

Also this - looks like at least five pair in there, some with low DIN though - from my parents basement : )

Last edited by ski-wpk; 08-17-2017 at 11:00 PM.

I've CL bought and resold here a few of those yellow drivers. 14 din I think. plastic toes. $40. mags were happy to buy them and no one complained. old metal 16's are a rare find IME. sounds like you need them for your head but that's important. good luck.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Bump for the fall ski swaps

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Also this - looks like at least five pair in there, some with low DIN though - from my parents basement : )

If those yellow DR9's (at the far right of the photo) are DIN=14, then remove them from the bulky plate and sell them here on TGR... or get some proper length screws to mount without plate, and then remount them without the plate on a better ski.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

It's a gold mine! I'm interested in the 997s on the K2s, and any skis at least 210cm in length . Seriously

^^^PM sent. My favorites are the Hexcels, maybe Olin Mark IVs.

Paging BeardedClam. Still want the 900S? Anyone else? DIN to 11, skinny brakes. $40 shipped. PM me.
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 09-14-2017 at 10:41 AM.

^^^ Bump. Anyone want? In a flat rate box ready to go.

Bump

Is that red and blue ski with the yellow sidewalls a K2 GS Race 10.0? What length and condition?

I've got a couple pairs of great condition 997 12 din Salomons in the basement if anyone's really interested.

Yes on GS Race (yellow logo I think). Probably 198cm. The red logo are SL race, 188cm I think. All in race condition in the late 90s, been sitting ever since.

Yes on GS Race (yellow logo I think). Probably 198cm. The red logo are SL race, 188cm I think. All in race condition in the late 90s, been sitting ever since.
    Bummer, was hoping for 205, 208 or 210. Got to demo a pair of the 208's back around 1995, great ski.

bump for ski swaps. Looking for the goods still, easy little cash for you if you see any. 12din+, metal heel "equipe" preferred, no "composite"

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    ...Looking for... 12din+, metal heel "equipe" preferred, no "composite"
    Let me know if you want any DIN=12 complete pairs or even just parts (plastic heel with metal tab/track, & plastic toe), or any DIN=14 plastic heels with metal tab/track (no DIN=14 toes included). I might be able to find plenty at the Whistler thrift store.

Sorry, any pairs or parts that are better than those listed above, I will hoard them for myself.

(WARNING: Rare, but I have seen a few tab heels that broke catastrophically. 2 ways to fail from upward forces: Heel can pull out when the metal tab track can squirt up and out past the screw intended to clamp it down from the side, or the heel can pull out when its plastic male rail can break off within the metal female track.)

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy