Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mikaela Shiffrin had that one gate mistake, just showed the bronze medal skier and Mikaela runs with the overlay video. But of course the first run was not as fast as she could be. Still was good tight racing though and loosing to Swede, Swiss, and Austrian. Bit of an advantage too that the coach of Swiss Holdener won the course setting lottery. The idea that the nerves was the reason Mikaela was throwing up before the first race, sounds like it was not all nerves from her reply of being more Virus like.

There we go team USA!

Got a little lucky there at the end, but overall, a solid 3 periods of hockey unlike two days ago. Ryan Donato looked great, psyched to see the Bruins draft pick playing so well in a high-profile tournament. Bring on Russia! I mean, Olympic Athletes of Russia

Is any one able to stream the Olympics? How?
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Saw that last night when Mikaela got the gold. Was surprised, but. . maybe the Koreans' aren't into skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    Half the fuckin seats are empty at the arena. Be super cool if olympic games sites were chosen by passion for sport instead of politics and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    On the innertubes and shit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Goddamnitall! I feel bad for her. Didn't see the race, unfortunately,(was seeing Los Lobos- what a show! Kept ducking into the bar for a peek and it was all ice skating?), and it's hard to believe she lost by that much. Something must've been at her. Glad she won the GS. Huge accomplishment for her and she has to feel good about that, but, losing the Slalom by that much? Virus?

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Ended up in the 4th place for the final run. Just about 1/2 of a board length behind as she was passed on the bottom very end of the course.

Germany is giving the Swedes a hockey game.

Edit: That was a fun period of hockey to watch. Germany was peppering the net but couldn't squeeze one in.
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 02-16-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Cordon Bleu is not chicken? what is it?
    It can be.

It just means cheese wrapped in meat and typically fan fried. Veal and chicken are the most common with a sort of ham (prosciutto, speck, what have you) in there with the cheese.

Just got a cable code to stream on my Roku. 6 year old is stoked on watching luge runs and curling. Hoping to get him into some hockey. Live coverage is cool, but im loving streaming missed games.

Quote Originally Posted by Skihiker View Post
    Saw that last night when Mikaela got the gold. Was surprised, but. . maybe the Koreans' aren't into skiing?
    Or hockey, apparently. Are skiing and hockey not what winter is, you know, for?

Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    Or hockey, apparently. Are skiing and hockey not what winter is, you know, for?
    Koreans are huge fans of short track speed skating so that venue will probably be packed.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Koreans are huge fans of short track speed skating so that venue will probably be packed.
    Indeed. Here in Canuckistan we have a new appreciation for the interest level in that sport in Korea. At the death threat level apparently.

NBC viewers were apoplectic about NBC not showing the men's figure skating short program live. Instead highlighting women's SL, and men's SG.

Fuck those idiots. I guess they'll have to settle for only watching the long program, freestyle, Couples, team, and Ice dancing all during primetime hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    NBC viewers were apoplectic about NBC not showing the men's figure skating short program live. Instead highlighting women's SL, and men's SG.

Fuck those idiots. I guess they'll have to settle for only watching the long program, freestyle, Couples, team, and Ice dancing all during primetime hours.
    Seriously? I guess I’m very sheltered. How can anyone enjoy that much skating?

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    VPN to a Canadian IP address and you can watch pretty much all events via CBC.ca

You can do the same with a UK IP address and BBC coverage.

I'm getting pretty sick of the "Rise" commercial. Doesn't NBC have any other shows it can promote?

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I'm getting pretty sick of the "Rise" commercial. Doesn't NBC have any other shows it can promote?
    Agreed! Isn't it just "Serious Glee"? Do we need a gritty reboot already?

Quote Originally Posted by Skihiker View Post
    Even the cat would have taken one of those empty seats if he could have...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cheetos watching skiing.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	224489

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Galhuber's second run in the ladies slalom last night. No she didn't win but this run stood out for me. Just amazing; looks prit near flawless to mine eye.

36:20 in the vid.

https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/todays...en-slalom-run/
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Bunch of trust funders and self financed jokers celebrating last place really doesn't do it for me. Does a guy that learned a sport last year belong in the Olympics ?

When is skier cross?!?!!!!!
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Bunch of trust funders and self financed jokers celebrating last place really doesn't do it for me. Does a guy that learned a sport last year belong in the Olympics ?
    absolutely, I'm all for the olympic spirit BS but crap like this guy, Eddy the Eagle, the violin player skier all lower the reason for the games IMHO.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Disgusting is the control of Olympic video content

Every sport should have its own twtr channel with full feeds and loops
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Women’s Super G delayed an hour due to wind already.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

that power play was pathetic