Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1421
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    As long as you're not Canadian eh?
    Thank you. Not everyone here lives in The Center Of The Universe.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thank goodness for DVR. Way too many commercials and fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    She didn't throw a fit. She didn't throw her medal in the trash. She just wasn't satisfied and reacted.

She didn't get second in the downhill. She lost the Super Bowl. No way in hell would she call herself an "Olympic Winner."
    Well put. Canada expects (rightly or wrongly) that we will win gold, anything else is completely coming up short. That said, American girls were faster, and seemed to be able to enter our zone at will. USA defence in the third was like a Python. Great game, we'll get yanext time.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Anybody else see this? Not interested in silver!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966578128322777088
    My oldest kid always put non first place medal or trophy in his bag and gave it to my youngest when he came home. Everyone is wired differently and sometimes not winning can be tough to swallow for some. I'm sure as time goes by she'll appreciate the experience but still taste the loss.

all this happy horseshit about losing is just that. coming in second, especially in hockey, fucking sucks. plain and simple. taking off the medal was a bush league move though.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Poulin's hit would be 5 minutes and game misconduct in NHL. Hope she's suspended from international play for a few games.
    I'd like to see checking allowed in women's hockey. It just looks wrong to see someone skate around someone and all the defender can do is wave a stick at them--although the US did a impressive job of stealing pucks off Canada's sticks. . There's plenty of checking going on--get the judgement call of what is or is not a check out of the game. The US skating was great. After watching that game and the men's last game the question of whether skating or hitting wins hockey games the answer is neither--it's shootouts.

There must be some doping pros here. Why would a curler use meldonium?
    Jesus, take your gold and shut up. You guys should have got an unsportsmanlike penalty for diving too but don't see me whining about it. Sheesh, go skiing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The lady announcer on the NBC stream was on the women's US 98 team that got silver. she said now looking back on it she appreciates it, but it took a long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    The US women won gold at Nagano in 1998, it was their last gold medal prior to this morning
    Yeah she won gold in '98 and silver in '02.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sadly it is not just TGR. It is the way of the world anymore. Everybody's talking and no one is listening. I become more and more disheartened and disillusioned on a daily basis.
    OK. How 'bout this.
    Just because I like someone's attitude doesn't mean that I would do what they did. Lots of crazy ranting on TGR, 'cuz it's almost anonymous etc.

Getting dis....(fill in the blank) about any of this internet crap seems silly.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Thank you. Not everyone here lives in The Center Of The Universe.
    Boston? Yeah it's full, you guys gotta live somewhere else, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Jesus, take your gold and shut up. You guys should have got an unsportsmanlike penalty for diving too but don't see me whining about it. Sheesh, go skiing or something.
    Ah, that’s more like it! I was getting a little tired of all the polite Canucks in here.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Ah, that’s more like it! I was getting a little tired of all the polite Canucks in here.
    I was expecting an apology from Canada for letting it go to OT.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    I believe no current US player has a Gold.
    Yeah you might want to double-check that.

There's like 25 of 'em.

Is this curling live? (US-Canada)

edit: n/m

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah you might want to double-check that.

There's like 25 of 'em.
    {mic drop}

Well - congrats to the us ladies. Great 3rd period on. Goalie was amazing in the so. They Took advantage of their opportunities and deserved that win.

Looking forward to a us-can rematch on the men’s side.....oh wait.

Sorry guys.

Great game summary with background grudge highlights on theringer: click here

Maybe this will help explain Jocelyne Larocque's distaste for silver:

The teeth-chattering intensity of a great hockey game doesn’t subside quickly. Not if it has 20 years of Olympic baggage attached, and certainly not if, by some superhuman feat of emotional and physical strength, you were obliged to play in it rather than watch it from the fetal position in your pajamas. It fades gradually, then flows away, leaving you a wobbly-legged mess of emotion and relief.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Interesting article on the men’s curling team. https://slate.com/culture/2018/02/jo...eongchang.html

Jesus, take your gold and shut up. You guys should have got an unsportsmanlike penalty for diving too but don't see me whining about it.
    Really? cause it kind of seemed to me like you were. pretty much constantly actually

FUCK. Good job USA gals. They deserved it, though the reffing was pretty iffy.
    Damn good and entertaining contest.
    Wow, good call ref finally
    CA NA DA
    fucking refs
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2:1 GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuck the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Well - congrats to the us ladies. Great 3rd period on. Goalie was amazing in the so. They Took advantage of their opportunities and deserved that win.

Looking forward to a us-can rematch on the men’s side.....oh wait.

Sorry guys.
    Very nice.

John Schuster calls in after every match to the local sports radio station in MN, KFAN in the mornings. Literally within minutes of a match ending. Guys is a trip. There has to be some type of “Kingpin” esk curling movie that needs to be made.

Ski jumping question (catching up vids TiVo)

When did the inrun change? Looks like it is not made of snow. Maybe some plastic combo? Seems like waxing played an important part in years past for takeoff speed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I agree, KQ- I thought it was an entitled, out of touch move that I’m sure she will regret in the future.
    just to clarify, i wasn't excusing anything. i didn't even see it. i was merely commenting on how well people may appreciate finishing second right when it happens or ever in some cases. throwing medals away is terrible sportsmanship and disrespectful to the olympics and the other competitors. i have zero problem with sobbing or anguish or pretty much anything else that doesn't denigrate the competition you hoped to be part of and willingly entered.

^yaw no worries that wasn’t directed at you specifically. Agree with what you said. I would hope she apologizes for the move in the future and I would hope we can all forgive her for that.

Boo fuckin' hoo, Canadiennes not liking their silver. I guess they can console themselves in all their other gold medals, just like the Pats counting their Lombardis...Pretty poor sportsmanship for such a reaction from the team, who've won it all how many times? Not Cam Newton bad, but still. Guess I just expected better conduct.

Yeah tough to beat last night's Olympic events and results. Bummed for Vonn, would have liked to see her get some (so to speak, ba dum tisss)

btw, what caliber are the biathlon guns? They're bullets, you can see the shell casings eject, but so little recoil they have to be tiny. One of my airports I worked at, the ops guys (who drive around the runways and check on lights and signs and stuff for the jets) had .17 rifles in their trucks for small animals like birds and stuff...frangible bullets that would disintegrate to avoid ricochets and damaging aircraft. But the biathlon rifles look even smaller.

I fucking hate canaduh. For real.
    Go On Now
    crab in my shoe mouth