Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Too windy for GS? Let’s do slopestyle instead. WTF. That was brutal.

2018 Winter Olympics Thread

Yeah.
    I felt so bad watching them struggle.
    The odds were in favor of Jamie Anderson.
    Maybe all that tree hugging, Mother Nature loving paid off.

So Candide's sister is half pipe snowboard. Not as extra terrestrial as him.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    So Candide's sister is half pipe snowboard. Not as extra terrestrial as him.
    I guess I've never heard the name pronounced before. I always thought it was "toe-vay."

Why is everyone wearing those Oakley yellow/orange neon goggles? Seriously; everyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Why is everyone wearing those Oakley yellow/orange neon goggles? Seriously; everyone??
    same as the neon green goggles at the last Olympics? Considering this is the biggest exposure to snowsports that most non-enthusiasts get it's great marketing for them. If it were my brand I would want as many athletes sporting my product as well.

2018 Winter Olympics Thread

I get that; but every damn team? I see helmets, clothing, and gear from across the spectrum, but these same goggles on everyone???

Edit: holy shit, was Kelly Clark wearing Bolles?! I stand corrected...

Why the re runs? there are so many different events!!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

russia curling lady:

"sveep..........SVEEEEEEEP............SVEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEP!!!!"

lolol sveep.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    same as the neon green goggles at the last Olympics? Considering this is the biggest exposure to snowsports that most non-enthusiasts get it's great marketing for them. If it were my brand I would want as many athletes sporting my product as well.
    It's a weird thing to have them all wearing the exact same model and color though.....wouldn't you want them to just choose something they like, so people see your company makes lots of cool stuff? It seems like having everyone wear the exact same thing is an odd statement that you kind of only do one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It's a weird thing to have them all wearing the exact same model and color though.....wouldn't you want them to just choose something they like, so people see your company makes lots of cool stuff? It seems like having everyone wear the exact same thing is an odd statement that you kind of only do one thing.
    5 minutes of google-fu

The orange colorway is a limited release for the Olympics. Interpret as you will but I imagine the thought was more along team unity across nationalities. From a marketing perspective, it's easy to identify which athletes are Oakley athletes because IIRC the Olympics or Team USA prohibit equipment sponsors who aren't part of the official kit from overt advertisements, e.g., Oakley on the goggle strap as opposed to the big O they're all sporting. There's an 8 page thread on the Oakley forum that I'm sure goes into entirely too much detail.

Vonn is wearing the Flight Deck. Red Gerard was wearing the Line Miner. Perhaps there are others if you want to look closely.

http://www.oakley.com/en/harmony-fade-collection?icmp=Hero_1_Explore-HarmonyFade

We all know this is another way for them to sell more shit to people who don't actually need it. The season after the Sochi Olympics there were a ton of people skiing in green Oakleys. Expect to see orange next year.

Men's Moguls live right now. Pushing so hard, lots of crash n' burn. Looks easy until they're eating shit.
    so fun to watch if you're a bumper
    Spoiler anyone ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I just saw the finish A French girl wins on Rossignol Look set up. Does not get more patriotic than that
    I thought the Canadian girl was stronger in the air, a little more aggressive as well. From the look on her face when they announced the French girl's score, she thought so as well. Damn

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Too windy for GS? Let’s do slopestyle instead. WTF. That was brutal.
    No shit. Trying to kill these kids? Some of them looked frightened, fer christ"'s sake. Either overshot, or the wind would shove them into the transition. Crazy organizers.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Sort of like when someone asks what your home town is- some will reply with where they live at that time, others will reply with where they were born... I did not Google his life story, just heard Ohio and then no longer "Stuck in Ohio" and moved to Silverthorne... Still all USA and I'm still stoked at his 3rd run to handle the pressure and climb to the top of the podium at his young age....
    Not trying to argue with ya, yeah he's originally from OH. Just cool to have a Gold come from our town. There are 3 guys competing from Silverthorne in SS and Big Air. Two didn't qualify for SS, but still have a chance for Big Air. Would be cool to have all three medal...

Why no skiing slope style or half pipe, just snowboarding? Skiers have so much more style, go bigger, and is so much more entertaining IMO.

The Canadian woman had to back out of the last jump because she was slowed by a gust of wind. Then the next one over shot the landing. Hardly seemed fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Why no skiing slope style or half pipe, just snowboarding? Skiers have so much more style, go bigger, and is so much more entertaining IMO.
    https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-...i-halfpipe.htm

https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-...slopestyle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    They started wearing them from X Games.
    Oakley’s pushing hard for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Maybe all that tree hugging, Mother Nature loving paid off.
    Bodie Miller
    Picabo Street
    Jamie Anderson

Hippie parents from mountain towns working pretty well.

Apolo Ohno Hershey Commercial sucks:
    1) Stole the changing into gold from Geiko (who probably stole it from someone else).
    2) His Olympic time has passed. Find a current Olympian that could use the money.

$0.02

Edit: Progressive > Geiko

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    1) Stole the changing into gold from Geiko (who probably stole it from someone else).
    Progressive Insurance turn to white, same thing. Marketing sheep.

Geico get more is same theme so you were right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Bodie Miller
    Picabo Street
    Jamie Anderson

Hippie parents from mountain towns working pretty well.
    Interesting how that works
    Perhaps teaching their kids not to buy into limitations and the negativity of competition helps them suceed where others fail? I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    You noticed. I noticed. That's the point. When's the last time you paid attention to goggles at the Olympics?