Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    RU in US?
    Broadcast TV.
    Find an old school antennae

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Free week on Hulu.

Yeah, I should clarify that I'm in VT. We're still part of the US last I checked.

I'll look into Hulu.

Womens GS postponed due to wind.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'm super impressed with the CBC site. Full events and no commercials.

^^ Always great coverage, plenty of curling although I miss the brooms.

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yeah, the CBC streaming has been fantastic. Good commentary too, for all competitors.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Watching women’s moguls and they are all on Hart skis with pivots and full tilt boots. One lady on Rossi didn’t advance out of the first round I don’t think. Is it sponsor money or is Hart the last legit mogul ski maker?

Edit: JK the French lady on Rossi won....
    I just saw the finish A French girl wins on Rossignol Look set up. Does not get more patriotic than that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Starting to realize how S. Korea dominates at short track speed skating. Apparently it's too fucking windy to do anything but ice skate.

Watching women’s moguls and they are all on Hart skis with pivots and full tilt boots. One lady on Rossi didn’t advance out of the first round I don’t think. Is it sponsor money or is Hart the last legit mogul ski maker?

Harts are some seriously fast bump sticks. The en vogue bump ski the last few years has been ID One
    I still call it The Jake.

Johnny Wier looks like a commentator from the Hunger Games.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Maybe he's going to a costume party later, as Marc Almond. Or Pee Wee Herman.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    He's a big improvement over commentators of the past like Button and Hamilton. And I respect anyone who lets it all hang out, whatever it is that's hanging.

They did a little piece on the canceled GS, including a snow level close up shot of the course with the sun reflecting off of it. I know WC courses are "firm" but I've never seen one up close. Holy fuck--looked like Squaw after 3 days of rain and then a cold front.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Anyone have any tips for how to watch in the absence of a cable TV subscription and in the fun situation of Youtube TV not being available in my area?

On a related note, how is it possible that in 2018 an online streaming service is not available somewhere? There's a special place in hell for the cable companies who allow this sort of thing to happen.
    Trials of any of the Internet streaming services - Sling TV, Direct TV Now, Playstation Vue, Hulu, You Tube TV and a few others out there would get you started. All usually offer a free week and only 2 weeks of coverage left now. Direct TV Now has an introductory offer $10 ($25 off regular monthly fee) for the first 3 months and only for new customers. All will pretty much get you a valid login I believe for the NBC Sports Network application. NBC also has a few events on USA and CNBC too... Cord Cutters News has a good comparison and charts on the various streaming offers and which channels are included at the various price levels and packages.

Wow, Silje Norendal is an absolute smokeshow.

Do ANY of the mogul skiers not use Full Tilts? The Raichie Flexon will not die ...

Edit: I ski KR2's. So that kinda counts.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    He's a big improvement over commentators of the past like Button and Hamilton. And I respect anyone who lets it all hang out, whatever it is that's hanging.
    I agree. He has no pretense of being 'normal.' His love for the Russians is a little too much, though. But that 15 year old Russian girl tonight definitely threw it down.

They did a little piece on the canceled GS, including a snow level close up shot of the course with the sun reflecting off of it. I know WC courses are "firm" but I've never seen one up close. Holy fuck--looked like Squaw after 3 days of rain and then a cold front.
    The one I saw on CBC, a huge snow twister came down the slope.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

The wind is laying waste to these lady snowboarders. They keep going waaaaaaaaay too big off the final kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    He's lived in S-thorne for about 10 years so we'll claim him. Almost as much of a local as Bunny.
    Sort of like when someone asks what your home town is- some will reply with where they live at that time, others will reply with where they were born... I did not Google his life story, just heard Ohio and then no longer "Stuck in Ohio" and moved to Silverthorne... Still all USA and I'm still stoked at his 3rd run to handle the pressure and climb to the top of the podium at his young age....

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The wind is laying waste to these lady snowboarders. They keep going waaaaaaaaay too big off the final kicker.
    fucking gusty

Skied Birds of Prey just before or after a race. Without my ice coast muscle memory of how to ski on bulletproof and a fairly fresh tune I'd have been in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    How much fucking is going on in the village ya think?
    Saw a news article there were 110000 or 150000 rubbers scattered throughout the athletes village.

I'd love to see how they built these features. So clean and really innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'd love to see how they built these features. So clean and really innovative.
    Talented, experienced, kick ass groomer drivers. And a shit ton of snowmaking.