Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Just psyched to watch. I'll figure out the various veiwing options this weekend.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

This will be first time in a long time I won't be able to watch Canadian coverage (cut the cord). The over/under on me giving up on NBC is two days.

Super impressed by the Japanese mogul team. They've always had a huge interest, it's nice to see them break through with guys like Horishima.

Anyone else hear Tirico give a shout out to old Conjunctivitis for his sign-off? Good riddance Bob.
    I still call it The Jake.

Not sure if this link was posted:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-...mpetition-live

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Solid, thanks!

Do I recall a Holiday Valley connection with you?

I see Shani Davis is once again the heavy favorite for the title of biggest prick in the Olympics.

weak sauce, nbc sports. opening ceremony live ? Nothing on cable. luckily, it showed up on the ipad. cable ran some abertville rerun crap.
    great ceremony
    stoked for this

https://www.facebook.com/nbcolympics...7378713960329/

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So unsurprisingly NBC's website is garbage when it comes to trying to figure out when events you want to watch are on.

They have a nice grid view to see what events are on a certain day with descriptions. However when you go to "TV Listings" by sport it just tells you what day a type of event is on, no details about mens/womens/specific event or even what channel its on - and no, you can't click through from that screen to specific TV listings for it.

You have to slog through the daily scroll of full NBC family of channel listings to see exactly when a particular event is on. And it's still not straightforward since you have to click on the time block to see what it is (prelims/medal round/etc)

Anyone know of a clean, easy to use TV schedule for us in the land of the free?
    Ok Google?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I see Shani Davis is once again the heavy favorite for the title of biggest prick in the Olympics.
    No kidding...damn that racist coin toss! Guy is a piece of shit, hope he gets sucked into a black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiality View Post
    No kidding...damn that racist coin toss! Guy is a piece of shit, hope he gets sucked into a black hole.
    The thing is if he wouldn't come across as such a dick he would have easily been voted flag-bearer and no coin toss would have been needed.

I think Shani would have been an excellent choice though. It might have extended interest in Winter Olympics to a large demographic that largely ignores. My choice was Lindsey Vonn in tight pants.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I think Shani would have been an excellent choice though. It might have extended interest in Winter Olympics to a large demographic that largely ignores. My choice was Lindsey Vonn in tight pants.
    He would have been, but I can see why people wouldn't want to vote for him. He continually comes across as a prick who's only in it for himself. That's his prerogative, of course, but if he acts that way he shouldn't cry when he loses a fair vote.

natty mustache or intl sign for doob?

or four-fingered relative of homer simpson?

So... follow Leslie Jones on Twitter for the commentary. She is great.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Bode commentating downhill practice was good last night, missed moguls
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Is there any crossover in the athletes competing in moguls/freestyle and in the alpine racing events (slalom, GS, SG, DH)? Is there ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Solid, thanks!

Do I recall a Holiday Valley connection with you?
    Yup, worked with Jillian Vogtli at The Ski Depot, and then worked 3 years at Alpine Ski Rental.
    I went to college 20 minutes away at St Bonaventure. Good timing too- '92-'96. If it snowed an inch it snowed 3 feet that year. Lake effect pattern came right over us for all 4 years of college. God's way of telling me it was ok that my folks wouldn't let me go any further west for college.

Funniest thing was, I skied at least 80 days every season. My buddies that went to school in Boulder didn't even come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is there any crossover in the athletes competing in moguls/freestyle and in the alpine racing events (slalom, GS, SG, DH)? Is there ever?
    Jon Olsson tried to make a run at the Olympic team in GS when he retired from park and pipe competition. He did respectably, but didn't make the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I’d say they have to be so specialized at that point it’d be damn near impossible to be at that level in both areas.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Plenty of room for off-season mogul storage there.
    I thought they migrated?
    watch out for snakes

I can’t believe this thread has gone this long with no mention of Shaun White’s hair. That is a nice looking mop!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

The slopestyle course is off the hook
    http://stream.nbcolympics.com/snowbo...hrcontext=usoc

Yeah. Henrik is going to be so hyped on the Wu Tang jump

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Yup, worked with Jillian Vogtli at The Ski Depot, and then worked 3 years at Alpine Ski Rental.
    I went to college 20 minutes away at St Bonaventure. Good timing too- '92-'96. If it snowed an inch it snowed 3 feet that year. Lake effect pattern came right over us for all 4 years of college. God's way of telling me it was ok that my folks wouldn't let me go any further west for college.

Funniest thing was, I skied at least 80 days every season. My buddies that went to school in Boulder didn't even come close to that.
    That’s right! I thought so. I skied freestyle there just after your college years then. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Ellicottville and HV.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    natty mustache or intl sign for doob?

or four-fingered relative of homer simpson?
    Ok the US delegation and their ceremony outfits don’t look nearly as bad as was thought earlier. Sure it’s not my style but they can’t wear their Arctyrx and spandex for this part. The gloves are goofy. I’ll give you that though.

On a serious note there are some flat out smokeshows from all over the world in this ceremony!