Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Why did Leo get scored so well? He sent a cliff directly into someone else's bombhole. It's pretty damn easy to avoid that sort of bs given only one other person hit that take off - don't hit the exact same take-off with the exact same orientation. Backslap or not, that kind of line choice is pretty damn stupid and you should not be scoring as high because of that alone. Hell, that's how someone got killed in a comp back in the US a few years ago (landing in a bombhole).

I also felt like Ivan should have gotten scored a lot better - probably should have won it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Turdell dropped in with his boots still in walk mode. Got a chuckle out of that - I think we've all been there.
    Looks to me like his boots were in ski mode, but that the boot (Cochise 130 Pro) had a walk mode latch failure and he couldn't get it to lock properly.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-15-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Bummer Mikos didn't stick his big air - that line would have scored well and he was far smoother than any other of the top guys minus the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Looks to me like his boots were in ski mode, but that the boot (Cochise 130 Pro) had a walk mode latch failure and he couldn't get it to lock properly.
    Not sure how you could possibly tell that from the video feed? There's really no way of knowing but it's a lot more likely he just forgot - they were even talking about how they had to hike up there.

Also, Ryan Hawks didn't die from landing in someone else's bombhole at Kirkwood... it was just an extremely firm landing that didn't look like it.

^^^I was watching that live. Certainly a flat landing, I thought the verdict was that he landed on a rock though. Either way, sucks bigtime. RIP Ryan.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

FWT 17 Freeride World Tour spoilers within

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not sure how you could possibly tell that from the video feed? There's really no way of knowing but it's a lot more likely he just forgot - they were even talking about how they had to hike up there.
    Watch his actions. He stops, then messes with his right boot. Then checks his left boot. Starts skiing off again. Then stops. Then messes with his right boot again, rocking it back and forth and flipping the lever a few times. The fact that he starts skiing off again implies that he's verified that both boots are in ski mode. The fact that he stops again likely means there was an issue with it locking. Flipping the lever back and forth while rocking the boot back and forth is what I always start by doing when I've encountered this issue.

Also, Ryan Hawks didn't die from landing in someone else's bombhole at Kirkwood... it was just an extremely firm landing that didn't look like it.
    Wierd. I had heard he landed in a bombhole. Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-15-2017 at 07:25 PM.

FWT 17 Freeride World Tour spoilers within

Good but not great comp, tougher to rank the top riders than the first Andorra stop.

When will a NorAm resort put up the funding to make this happen again? Jackson, Revy, Snowbird don't want to do it? Any other realistic options? Taos? Kirkwood and CB don't seem to have the appetite and may be too "small."
    Last edited by meter-man; 02-15-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Ivan Malakhov always seems to score lower than he should. He's not always the cleanest, but he finds interesting lines and goes big.

And once Pehota gets a little more consistent, he should be standing on the box a lot.
    Like Malakhov a lot. Genuine charger. Another strong showing by Yann Rausis as well.

I don't care about the guys, I'm rooting for Arianna and Manu. Deserved win vor Arianna last time and impressive recovery for Manu, hope she makes the cut now that she got a podium. Go ladies!
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Like Malakhov a lot. Genuine charger. Another strong showing by Yann Rausis as well.
    He was really lacking hesitation. He has a bit of a reputation for being a bit loose, but looked pretty clean the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Ivan Malakhov always seems to score lower than he should. He's not always the cleanest, but he finds interesting lines and goes big.
    Possibly some anti-Russian bias?
    That said, love watching the dude, truly an ambassador of the go BIG or go home crowd, style may not be the cleanest or most refined but as mentioned up there no hesitation just big brass balls.

He was already awesome in the FWQ in '14

Coming up soon. This is the go for broke, need to make the cut, event.

Go Alto!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FreerideWor...4556463815958/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thing is, when everyone is that good it's the little bits of loose or not completely clean that the judges latch on to for differentiating the runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Possibly some anti-Russian bias?
    That said, love watching the dude, truly an ambassador of the go BIG or go home crowd, style may not be the cleanest or most refined but as mentioned up there no hesitation just big brass balls.

He was already awesome in the FWQ in '14

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Stoked for next week!

Men's ski rankings. Alto's spot in AK looks assured.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  113.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Thing is, when everyone is that good it's the little bits of loose or not completely clean that the judges latch on to for differentiating the runs.
    Yep. Pehota had a killer line in the last event but that one sketch landing completely removed him from the top 5 conversation. He stomps that thing and he's up there.

Yep. Pehota had a killer line in the last event but that one sketch landing completely removed him from the top 5 conversation. He stomps that thing and he's up there.
    For sure, you even hear him yell "fuck" right after the landing because he knew it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I'd like to see Jeremie complete a good run here and get up towards the top..
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

no idea how to embed.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Good but not great comp, tougher to rank the top riders than the first Andorra stop.

When will a NorAm resort put up the funding to make this happen again? Jackson, Revy, Snowbird don't want to do it? Any other realistic options? Taos? Kirkwood and CB don't seem to have the appetite and may be too "small."
    FWT was chatting with Kicking Horse about a stop. Not sure where those conversations went though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    FWT was chatting with Kicking Horse about a stop. Not sure where those conversations went though.
    Rad. I will be up there in a few weeks. Care to show off the venues?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Rad. I will be up there in a few weeks. Care to show off the venues?
    Step off the gondola. Rotate your head to the skiers right and voila. Kicking Horse rocks.

Anyone know how the FWT makes the cut after the Austria event? I remember last year is was best 2 out of 3 scores. Same thing this year?

Anyone know how the FWT makes the cut after the Austria event? I remember last year is was best 2 out of 3 scores. Same thing this year?
    Yes, best 2 of 3
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Step off the gondola. Rotate your head to the skiers right and voila. Kicking Horse rocks.
    Hmm. Sounds difficult. But I'll try my damndest.