Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WTB: Quiver of one

Most of my ski days now and for the foreseeable future involve cruising around with my 7 y.o., a task for which my 193 EHPs are far less than ideal. So, I'm looking for a good everyday jack-of-all-trades type ski that can carve a groomer, charge pow and crud reasonably hard, and is maneuverable enough that I can stay on my feet when the kiddo wants me to follow him through super tight trees that no one who isn't 4 feet tall and weighs 50 lbs has any business skiing into. No real idea what specific model I want as I've paid zero attention to specific brands' latest offerings for 5+ years (though some Googling indicates that something like the Moment Deathwish or PB&J seems to be what I'm after). I think something that checks these boxes will get me where I want to be:

- 180-185 cm
    - ~110 mm waist
    - 20-25 m radius
    - Moderate tip/tail rocker and 5-pt sidecut
    - Med/stiff flex

Watcha got? Am I chasing a unicorn?
    Last edited by Dantheman; 02-08-2017 at 09:45 AM.

I have some 188 invictus 108s. Maybe a little big for what youre looking for but they are definitely a 1 quiver ski. If you can wait until next year the Blizzard Rustler 10 sounds like exactly what you want.

I've got some 184 Black Crow Atris. 2017 awesome condition. Here is link. Skis sound exactly like what your looking for. I'm only selling to by another set of touring skis.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...sell-or-trades

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    I have some 188 invictus 108s. Maybe a little big for what youre looking for but they are definitely a 1 quiver ski. If you can wait until next year the Blizzard Rustler 10 sounds like exactly what you want.
    Second the invictus 108 recommendation. Great all around ski, checks all your boxes.

Cham 107 2.0 is my slot for this. Can rip alpental bumps, mission ridge groomers and stevens pass trees, plus cruise with the wife at all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    Could be interested in invictus if op passes. Pics/condition?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    bases and edges are solid, topsheet has 1 gouge I repaired with epoxy. p18s have cosmetic wear. Name:  IMG_0003[1].jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  188.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Cham 107 2.0 is my slot for this. Can rip alpental bumps, mission ridge groomers and stevens pass trees, plus cruise with the wife at all 3.
    Damn, is the tip on those as big as photos make it look?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Go for it, I think Jay is right that they're a tad big for what I'm after here.

Could take a look at the 4FRNT Gauchos as well. They seem to fit pretty much what you are looking for. They've been my everyday PNW ski this year and I haven't wished for anything else except on the deepest days (which you will have EHPs for).

I've been thinking 4frnt devastators or Line Supernatural 108 for the one ski quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Could take a look at the 4FRNT Gauchos as well.
    Those do look worth considering, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I've been thinking 4frnt devastators or Line Supernatural 108 for the one ski quiver.
    Full-length rocker on the Devastator concerns me. In the past I always found Lines to be super floppy, has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Damn, is the tip on those as big as photos make it look?
    They do have a pretty traditional mount.

I wouldn't go Devastator for this. It carves just fine at high speeds even with the rocket but is too heavy for skiing groomers with kids

^ I agree with that. They are kick ass skis that would be the suck for chasing kids at medium-slow speeds on groomers or tight trees.

Any intetest in a '16 cochise 185cm?

Good to know on the Devastator. The Lines may be floppy, I'd love to demo a pair because they look good on paper.

Concept will blow your fuckin mind man... don't have any for sale, don't ever see any in GS (cuz they're amazing) so I'm useless but seriously your op screams Concept
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Coombas / Coombacks or whatever the fuck they are calling them now. Seems like they would fit the bill.

Hmm... I could sell my Deathwishes potentially. 184s, 2 mounts. Currently Solly 914 @ 315 on the line. No core shots, lots of edge life, but not cosmetically perfect.

I like my Lhasas more and that would free up some money to buy some MX88s I've been eyeing.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Hmm... I could sell my Deathwishes potentially. 184s, 2 mounts. Currently Solly 914 @ 315 on the line. No core shots, lots of edge life, but not cosmetically perfect.

I like my Lhasas more and that would free up some money to buy some MX88s I've been eyeing.
    This sounds pretty good, haven't skied em but I like the thinking here...
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

OP -- PM me if you're interested. I was planning on keeping them as my "rock powder skis" but that seems a bit silly. I don't currently have brakes for them but STH brakes are pretty easy to find. Pretty cheap -- especially if you don't want the bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    They do have a pretty traditional mount.
    I meant the tip width, it looks almost like an inverted teardrop in photos.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Any intetest in a '16 cochise 185cm?
    Possibly, they check most of my boxes except for the radius being slightly large. What kind of condition are they in and how much do you want for them?

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Concept will blow your fuckin mind man... don't have any for sale, don't ever see any in GS (cuz they're amazing) so I'm useless but seriously your op screams Concept
    Those do look good, I need to find something used for cheap though. Buying new from Praxis isn't going to happen, and I'm not super picky and can have fun on pretty much anything within reason. Hell, since the EHPs are such tanks most days lately I've been skiing my wife's 174 Scratch Steeze.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    OP -- PM me if you're interested. I was planning on keeping them as my "rock powder skis" but that seems a bit silly. I don't currently have brakes for them but STH brakes are pretty easy to find. Pretty cheap -- especially if you don't want the bindings.
    PM incoming.

Praxis GPO

Re: 107, they aren't as crazy in person. It's like the Lhasa pow tip.