Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    New season bump, never did get anything.

Thoughts on the 4FRNT Cody? Local guy has some 186s for sale cheap.

Anyone sitting on some 184 Mantras (2015-present rockered versions)?
    I like the Cody a lot. I've only tried the 179 but I thought it was a fun combination of easy, versatile and capable- but not what I'd personally call a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I like the Cody a lot. I've only tried the 179 but I thought it was a fun combination of easy, versatile and capable- but not what I'd personally call a charger.
    Agreed, it's not a "charger" per se, but can haul ass pretty well. It's no LP105 or Goliath etc, but I had zero issue raging around with LVS at mission while he was on his Cham 107. Really fun ski though. I have the 186.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Agreed, it's not a "charger" per se, but can haul ass pretty well. It's no LP105 or Goliath etc, but I had zero issue raging around with LVS at mission while he was on his Cham 107. Really fun ski though. I have the 186.
    Agreed. I bet the 186 is an awesome ski, I've only tried my buddy's 179. His version (Gaucho) with the black / red / cowboy is very cool graphic

Don't know the Cody, but reading you're original post makes me think of 186 line supernatural 108

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Corner store junkies giving advice

WTB: Quiver of one

Have them in 186 as my DD in the PNW last year. Really versatile. Only a couple of days where I had wished for more ski and those weren’t the deep days, but a couple days of one day old mank where they just couldn’t quite hold up at speed. Otherwise I love them. Even hit some jump lines and rails in the park on them.

In pow they do the fun porpoising movement as you turn which is just the best when skiing pow in the trees or off little pillows. Never had an issue on fast groomer days either. Always felt pretty solid on them.

Thanks guys. On the "chargeability" issue, to use a biking analogy, if my EHPs = DH sled I'm looking for the ski equivalent of my Reign here. Haven't been able to connect with the guy with the Codys yet, but working on it. Another guy just popped up selling a minty pair of 181 Sickles that I'm waiting to hear back from.

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I had the 186 Cody and didn't care for them. They weren't bad skis, but they didn't do anything particularly well. They were just okay on groomers/firm snow, just okay in crud/junk and just okay in terms of energy/poppiness. I'm currently on the 185 Nordica Enforcer (100mm) and for how and where I ski, it's a better ski in every department....it rips circles around the Cody. YMMV.

I also owned the 186 Rossi S6 Jib/Sickle and really liked that ski as well.
    Old's Cool.

Interesting as I can get the Cody to flat hook up on groomers, firm snow, carve a freaking trench, hip to the ground stuff. Heavy junk snow is not their strong point though, that's where the LP/Goliath type skis shine. I think they have plenty of pop, really playful. If a guy is wanting to destroy the mountain at speed and anger, look elsewhere, if you are wanting to smash around and play on features, need to turn to volume down a touch and not ski like your hair is on fire, this ski is spot on.
    It's good to hear others thoughts on it though. To each their own, right? So many skis out there in this category.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It's good to hear others thoughts on it though. To each their own, right? So many skis out there in this category.
    Indeed.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Indeed.
    They put metal in some of the later years I believe. So maybe it depends on what year you have as well.

New season bump, never did get anything.
    thread on tgr got a typical tgr response.

You should find a pair of Line SFB from before they narrowed the waist. If you're on EHP, you can get along with a center mount. And they do many things well, especially playing around while remaining mild mannered in less than ideal snow due to an even, snappy flex. They came in a 190.

They are not steamrollers, but I imagine your kid doesn't charge like he's on a pair of metal Dynastars either.

I have some well loved but in good condition Rossi E98s (180, drilled once for pivot 14s @-2, 307bsl) and a pair of Armada Declivity's (184, drilled once for ion's) I'd part with.

Last edited by Kopi_Red; 10-28-2017 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Pics of skis

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    thread on tgr got a typical tgr response.
    Heh, yeah, guilty. It's not worth getting into, but I had my reasons. If Bandit Man would return a PM I'd probably buy his 184 Pinnacle 105s today.

The unicorn you seek is a Praxis MVP in 187cm. Sorry, don't have one for sale and don't know where to find an inexpensive pair.

WTB: Quiver of one

Thanks guys. On the "chargeability" issue, to use a biking analogy, if my EHPs = DH sled I'm looking for the ski equivalent of my Reign here. Haven't been able to connect with the guy with the Codys yet, but working on it. Another guy just popped up selling a minty pair of 181 Sickles that I'm waiting to hear back from.
    What size EHP?

I think the Cody would be an excellent complement to the EHP but I consider my 186 EHP very playful at my weight (200). They’re also old and abused so take that fWIW. I’ve only tried the Gaucho version of the Cody which had metAl. My experiences line up with funky.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    What size EHP?
    193, 2008 model. I weigh 160.

193, 2008 model. I weigh 160.
    Ya that’s more of a beast. Cody should be far more playful

Love me some Ripstick 106. In the summer quiver overhaul, converted RS106 into my tour ski because it can do it all. Selling off a handful of skis with much more 'clout'.
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Sounds like a job for the Elan Ripstick 106.

Going to bump this...

Also looking for quiver-of-1 type ski with similar characteristics to the OP.
    -100-110 mm waist
    -med-stiff (I'm only 155 lbs)
    -20-25 m turn radius
    -doesn't have to be immaculate condition

Just moved to New Mexico where a core shot lurks below every snow patch. So not looking to spend much, maybe $100-ish shipped for a flat ski. What ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Lee View Post
    Going to bump this...

Also looking for quiver-of-1 type ski with similar characteristics to the OP.
    -100-110 mm waist
    -med-stiff (I'm only 155 lbs)
    -20-25 m turn radius
    -doesn't have to be immaculate condition

Just moved to New Mexico where a core shot lurks below every snow patch. So not looking to spend much, maybe $100-ish shipped for a flat ski. What ya got?
    ETA: sold
    Last edited by STLHD; 11-19-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHD View Post
    I have a pair of Praxis MVPs (193, but they ski wicked short). $125 shipped. Let me know if you want more details.
    Tempting, but those might be too much ski (too long) for me. Definitely like the layout and description of the ski, but probably should have added that I am looking for something in the 180-185 cm range.

I have a pair of Fischer Watea 106 (190cm). 2 mounts but only skied a handful of times and are in great condition. $165

Selling a pair of 185 cm Nordica El Capos. 107 mm underfoot. 25 m turn radius. Good condition, only drilled once, no core shots, no edge cracks, good top sheets.

Fischer watea 106, 182, flat tail, camber and some rocker. $100 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Lee View Post
    Tempting, but those might be too much ski (too long) for me. Definitely like the layout and description of the ski, but probably should have added that I am looking for something in the 180-185 cm range.
    2016 Blizzard Cochise in 184 or 186 (I forget), mounted twice, skied on maybe ten times total between two owners. Some scrapes on the bottom from early season skiing last year. These are the carbon-tipped jobbies. $150, including shipping.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.