Scott scrapper 115

I've been intrigued by this ski, mainly (well, only) because of the fact that Jeremie Heitz absolutely kills it on this ski, both on the steeps (see his 'La Liste' movie) and in the FWT. What puzzles me is the incredible low weight that is listed for this ski, given how hard he skis it in comps (=shit conditions most of the time). Listed as 1800 grams for a 189 ski, that is pretty light. Obviously, it could just be that Scott built him a heavier one for the comps, but still, I'm curious.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this ski? What's the verdict?

I'm really interested in these as well, the old heavy 124 lay up is sweet.

Heitz said that the ones he rode in la liste is three times heavier than the one for retail though.

Scott scrapper 115

There is another guy absolutely killing it on a Scott Scrapper, Fabian Lentsch. Just watch his insane winning run at the 4* FWQ in Obergurgl 2015. I dunno what those dudes are exactly on but I really doubt their skis are in the lightweight category.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarle View Post
    I'm really interested in these as well, the old heavy 124 lay up is sweet.

Heitz said that the ones he rode in la liste is three times heavier than the one for retail though.
    3x? Do you mean 2x?

Hi own words were 3x, doubt that is accurate though. I took it more in the way that they are really burly sticks

The consumer 115 is crazy light. Any reviews?
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Bizzump. Anyone try these? Seems like would be a good pow touring ski for someone that likes a directional charger pow ski. Thoughts?
    He who has the most fun wins!

This won't be helpful, but I have a pair of Cascade 110s...basically a lightweight Punisher. So far so good. No quality issues. Fun all around the mountain if you like a soft, flexible ski. Super light construction (made in Ukraine, if it matters). I'm always impressed when I pick these things up because of how light they are... and IIRC I got them for under $200 at SkiEssentials.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    also not that relevant, but I like my Punisher 110s in a 183. appears to be solid construction, I grab them anytime the snow is soft. I think mine are from the Elan factory in Slovenia.

I have last years, the orange version, mounted with tectons. They are pretty light for their size. I think mine were a bit under 9 pounds for the 189. Pretty good stability for their weight, but I wouldn't call it a variable conditions charger. They are great in any good snow though, and plenty stable for any speed I ski in the backcountry. I don't ski quite as fast in the backcountry as the area so its plenty of ski for me. I also have the head kore 117 that I ski in bounds and they are just a touch more stable than the scrapper for me and I like the kore a little better in variable snow. Could be the little bit of extra weight or the more tapered tip.

Thought that the people of TGR may be interested in seeing these. They are the Scrapper 115 Jeremy Heitz pro models. Mine come in at a shade under 2400 grams per ski, and are very stiff, especially underfoot and in the tail. They are essentially the regular Scrappers with an extra sheet of metal and metal stringers; probably not the ski Heitz actually uses in La Liste (I heard in a French podcast that his skis for this weighed 11kg with bindings), but rather the athlete model of the Scrapper. Only fifty pairs in existence at present, although I imagine there could be plans for wider distribution in the future? Nevertheless, beautiful and interesting skis.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210917_181222.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	696.5 KB 
ID:	385668

Name:	IMG_20210917_180433.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	815.0 KB 
ID:	385667
    Still undecided as to what to do with them. My heart tells me to mount them and give them a go. My head tells me that I should flip them and buy a pair of Black Ops 118s, which are likely a more versatile tool for a La Grave powder day. I would be interested to hear more about the regular Scrapper 115 shape from those that have skied it, particularly with regards to the 'hookiness' that is sometimes cited in variable snow. Is this exclusive only to breakable crust? Is it a mild annoyance or does it invoke fear of imminent injury?

I somewhat struggle with the narrative that they are knee breakers in anything other than perfect snow; these are quite popular skis over here in Europe, the shape is used by some seriously good athletes (see for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Jn...el=SCOTTSports), and numerous popular Scott skis like the old Punisher 110 and the new Superguide Freetour employ the 3D radius.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210917_181331.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	807.7 KB 
ID:	385666  
    Last edited by JackSkier; 09-17-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    Thought that the people of TGR may be interested in seeing these. They are the Scrapper 115 Jeremy Heitz pro models. Mine come in at a shade under 2400 grams per ski, and are very stiff, especially underfoot and in the tail. They are essentially the regular Scrappers with an extra sheet of metal and metal stringers; probably not the ski Heitz actually uses in La Liste (I heard in a French podcast that his skis for this weighed 11kg with bindings), but rather the athlete model of the Scrapper. Only fifty pairs in existence at present, although I imagine there could be plans for wider distribution in the future? Nevertheless, beautiful and interesting skis.

Name:	IMG_20210917_181222.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	696.5 KB 
ID:	385668

Name:	IMG_20210917_180433.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	815.0 KB 
ID:	385667
    Still undecided as to what to do with them. My heart tells me to mount them and give them a go. My head tells me that I should flip them and buy a pair of Black Ops 118s, which are likely a more versatile tool for a La Grave powder day. I would be interested to hear more about the regular Scrapper 115 shape from those that have skied it, particularly with regards to the 'hookiness' that is sometimes cited in variable snow. Is this exclusive only to breakable crust? Is it a mild annoyance or does it invoke fear of imminent injury?

I somewhat struggle with the narrative that they are knee breakers in anything other than perfect snow; these are quite popular skis over here in Europe, the shape is used by some seriously good athletes (see for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Jn...el=SCOTTSports), and numerous popular Scott skis like the old Punisher 110 and the new Superguide Freetour employ the 3D radius.
    I've skied both. The standard scraper has been my daily driver for quite a while. Its one of the best all around skis I have ever used, and that says a lot! Super light, but still beefy enough to hold its own. The new pro model's are Jeremy's actual skis.... there simply isn't that much custom stuff done these days for athletes...unlike 15 years ago. They are quite a bit beefier, and if you are mostly skiing a true alpine setup, that can be quite rewarding. If you are like me and ski a beefier AT setup, then they will over power most AT boots... certainly anything except a Nordica Strider Pro or stiffer.

Super interesting to hear that, thanks Gunder. I'll likely mount them up with CAST and give them a try. Up for new boots this year too, probably Cochise/Lupo/Krypton TI, depending on availability and what the bootfitter puts me in.

The consumer 115, mostly uninterested. That pro model could do a number for smoothing out the hookiness in uneven snow that was frequently claimed by reviewers as I imagine it's very much a flex-to-weight factor. What conditions does it come out in for you?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    The consumer 115, mostly uninterested. That pro model could do a number for smoothing out the hookiness in uneven snow that was frequently claimed by reviewers as I imagine it's very much a flex-to-weight factor. What conditions does it come out in for you?
    That was my logic in buying them. Will come out for powder days in La Grave (I am spending Dec-June there this year). Have also a pair of Cochise 106 (daily driver) and Black Crows Atris (touring, easier going pow ski). Will update how I find them.

Little update after two days on the skis:

These things are awesome, and somewhat terrifying - understandable given the spec of the ski. They make my Cochise 106 and MX 98 feel like snowblades. On big open faces they are incredible; they offer unlimited stability and accelerate in the fall line like nothing I've experienced. Things get more scary in tight spaces and bumps, especially in bad conditions, as the ski requires a lot of speed to become manoeuvrable and the rock solid tail can be unbelievably punishing. They're definitely a very exclusive ski, but are worth it for when the stars align.

One thing I don't understand is the stupid hollowed out tip for skin attachment on a 2400 gram ski. All it does is create a point of weakness. On my first run on them I ripped out the edge along the tip with very little impact on a rock.

Some stoke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyhDvMRCaQ&ab_channel=JackF
    Last edited by JackSkier; 12-26-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Yeah the pro model does seem like a bitttt too much ski for pretty much any inbounds conditions in the US.
    Where'd you shoot that vid?

Little update after two days on the skis:

These things are awesome, and somewhat terrifying - understandable given the spec of the ski. They make my Cochise 106 and MX 98 feel like snowblades. On big open faces they are incredible; they offer unlimited stability and accelerate in the fall line like nothing I've experienced. Things get more scary in tight spaces and bumps, especially in bad conditions, as the ski requires a lot of speed to become manoeuvrable and the rock solid tail can be unbelievably punishing. They're definitely a very exclusive ski, but are worth it for when the stars align.

One thing I don't understand is the stupid hollowed out tip for skin attachment on a 2400 gram ski, all it does is create a point of weakness - on my first run on them I ripped out the edge along the tip with very little impact on a rock.

Some stoke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyhDvMRCaQ&ab_channel=JackF
    Thanks for the stoke! I think Scott is producing them for a larger audience next year

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Yeah the pro model does seem like a bitttt too much ski for pretty much any inbounds conditions in the US.
    Where'd you shoot that vid?
    It might be more manageable for someone with a bit more weight behind them; I am only 160 lbs. Video shot in Trifide 2, La Grave.

I doubt Jeremy Heitz weighs 160 lbs, probably a lot less.

Curious how his new signature model, the Pure Pro compares to this version of the Scrapper.
    https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/p...-pro-109ti-ski
    Anybody been on it?

These skis are so damn good. It's a crying shame they were never made available to the general public and that Scott is unable to produce durable skis. They're not even that demanding, pivot well due to the rocker, and are unbelievably good at speed. Nothing else I want on my feet when doing this.

My pair are toast. Looks like the Heritage Labs FL113 will be the replacement. I tested the Pure 109 a few weeks ago. It's good, more damp than one would expect for the weight, but neutered compared to the Scrapper Pro.

These skis are so damn good. It's a crying shame they were never made available to the general public and that Scott is unable to produce durable skis. They're not even that demanding, pivot well due to the rocker, and are unbelievably good at speed. Nothing else I want on my feet when doing this.

My pair are toast. Looks like the Heritage Labs FL113 will be the replacement. I tested the Pure 109 a few weeks ago. It's good, more damp than one would expect for the weight, but neutered compared to the Scrapper Pro.
    Dude that was super sick. Bummed I never got on a pair of these!

Yeah, that was sick! Channelling some jeremie heitz mojo for sure. I missed out on a pair of those for way cheap on lone pine gear exchange a couple years ago. I think another mag got them. Hopefully living as good a life as your pair.

Jack that was awesome.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca