Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just changed over to Latitude Xice2...a nice feel, just a little width. Started out with studded Nordmans(Nokian)....but the studs --> clearly bad juju on Ullr(ie melt/freeze) and gave me accelleration of a WWII King Tiger for Bangor --> Sugarloaf commute. Think any diagonal tread edges work well.
    Last edited by steved; 02-20-2018 at 04:12 PM.

I put Duratrac’s on the 4R and don’t change.
    The wife’s Q5 gets the studded Hakkas and owns snowy roads.
    But they are rather loud on dry pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    . . . but the DM-V1 is no longer in production
    replaced/improved by the DM-V2. Nice tire (we have them on our Tundra, a bit narrower than stock). I like the Michelin X-Ice on our other vehicle a bit better.

This thread had good info so I'll bump it with my snow tire noob question.

Do snow tire's get cheaper at the end of the season, like March or April? I'm looking at the Blizzak DMV2 or Michelin X-Ice, but they are very pricey. I plan to mount them their own wheels and just swap wheels each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Simple physics. Check out old plow trucks in Vermont. Skinny ass tires, really knarly.
    Isn't "Skinny but Knarly" the Vermont state motto?

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    This thread had good info so I'll bump it with my snow tire noob question.

Do snow tire's get cheaper at the end of the season, like March or April? I'm looking at the Blizzak DMV2 or Michelin X-Ice, but they are very pricey. I plan to mount them their own wheels and just swap wheels each season.
    they might go on sale to clear out but they might also run out of the tire you want

accidents and/or death are also pricey

snow tires are a life saving device just like that other rubber product

the condom so you wana get good ones eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We had Michelin x-ice. Seems they hardened the rubber to get the mileage guarantee. Replaced with hakkepelita R9 studs. Huuuuuuuuuge improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I didn't like the Nokian Hakkapawhatever R3 studless tire, I prefer Michelin X-Ice or Blizzaks for studless. One of my buddies, as well as my brother and father have come to that same conclusion with the R3s. We were all shocked after reading the great reviews. We're not nearly as confident driving a car on the R3s in certain conditions, it doesn't have that "cheating" feeling on ice that X-Ice or Blizzaks have. I ultimately prefer Blizzaks, but they seem to wear out on me faster.

The best budget option is the General Altimax Arctic if you’d like something to compare those with.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

2nd season running Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT2 studded on my 1/2 ton pickups in the mountains. Stayed with stock tire size and rim of 17".

Beauty tire, love the stability with them. Can literally feel the "stick" of the tires below 40km/hr.