Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    https://dribbble.com/shots/1917404-Carbon-Apostle-2016

That is a 2016 topsheet. At earliest they were a pre-production sample ski from SIA the year prior. I went to SIA with them when they launched the carbon ski for the first time and that was 2013.

Here is a pic of me on the 2013 made serial 001 carbon ski:
    Name:  rmuserious.JPG
Views: 2031
Size:  115.1 KB
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Was that you skiing with the Keg at the BBI last year?

....all you beardo's kinda look alike.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by Zennan View Post
    9/10 times handmade skis are better. They are more authentic and overall made with a higher quality. The reason handmade skis are so popular is because it's harder for anything wrong to happen to the skis since there are people looking over the process the entire time. Think about it this way. Why would someone want to buy a bag for instance that is handmade versus a bag that is made in a random factory that you bought at Walmart. Quality. What is made by hand, if the person knows what they are doing, always produces a higher quality and better finished result than something built by machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

^^ ha! there is resemblance but no, thats Abraham and its from Alpy closing day last year not bbi

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Was that you skiing with the Keg at the BBI last year?

....all you beardo's kinda look alike.
    Ha, that's me not phall.

Though I did try to bum rides to the bird with him a few years ago when my car broke down after the buses stopped running

I just don't get the idea being bandied about that since it was a prize RMU has no obligation to stand by their product and the OP should just stop whining. WTF! The OP has to twist RMU's arm just to get what he was promised. They then send him some old pieces of sh*t and refuse to make amends. What kind of doormat would even suggest that the OP is in any way out of line!!! RMU blows; they make a garbage product and treat their customers like crap...end of story.

Word

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Show me a picture of a machine laying up a pair of quality modern wood core skis and I will show you a trump fact.
    A robot could do this sure but only the cheapest pu foam injected skis would be made this way.
    Of course they use machines to make parts of the ski and prepreg composites and finish them.
    A human still needs to look at them.
    At what point is a quality modern ski not a hand layup?
    Saying you make skis by hand would imply that you are handplaning the core to profile and knitting composites by hand as opposed to a machine weaving the material also hand sanding the base with a sanding block, are you hand forging the steel edges?
    If you want to make quality consistent products, machines are the only way to go and the better the machines and the people who know how to use them the better the product,
    What is handmade/handcrafted? I drew the shape in cad by hand and told the machine to cut it that way by hand.
    Even using precured composites or preimpregnated composites still are hand layed up.
    The layup is the easiest part of the process, children can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Indie ski companies are SUPPOSED to be about quality and customer service. If the OP's story about RMU is true (that's IF) then that's disappointing.
    The story is true. I can vouch for the OP. Roxtar is a full on stand up guy they works his ass off as a small business owner. No offense to leelau or his very politically correct post.

So dumb on RMU's part. A small company competes on quality, service, and flexibility. Looks grim for those dudes. I'm hooking roxtar's kid up with a touring setup which was roxtar's original plan. I will never purchase an RMU ski unless things radically change there and fuck Under Armour too!

On the bright side side, this thread is like a fricking kumbaya of mags except for a few mouth breathers. Such a nice change from the politically laden shit threads of late.
    Last edited by skinipenem; 02-09-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

There are a ton of shitty skis out there, everyone, get over it, and ski. Pulleeze.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    Show me a picture of a machine laying up a pair of quality modern wood core skis and I will show you a trump fact.
    A robot could do this sure but only the cheapest pu foam injected skis would be made this way.
    Of course they use machines to make parts of the ski and prepreg composites and finish them.
    A human still needs to look at them.
    At what point is a quality modern ski not a hand layup?
    Saying you make skis by hand would imply that you are handplaning the core to profile and knitting composites by hand as opposed to a machine weaving the material also hand sanding the base with a sanding block, are you hand forging the steel edges?
    If you want to make quality consistent products, machines are the only way to go and the better the machines and the people who know how to use them the better the product,
    What is handmade/handcrafted? I drew the shape in cad by hand and told the machine to cut it that way by hand.
    Even using precured composites or preimpregnated composites still are hand layed up.
    The layup is the easiest part of the process, children can do it.
    http://www.zmescience.com/other/econ...bots-03022017/

Biggest news here is stuff like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wait, what? Range Rover and quality in the same sentance?
    Honestly had no idea anywhere had that perception of the Range - in fact quite the opposite!

Ok I'm a Brit so honour-bound (yes that's how you spell it) to defend it, but seriously, is there anything out there that does a better job of being both a proper luxury car AND an extremely effective off roader?

None of your plasticky 'Mercan cars tick the luxury or looks box (Jeep might be up there with the Defender as a utilitarian off roader, but that's a different class), Land Cruiser has the off-road pedigree but not the luxury, BMW X5/Porsche Cayenne/etc may be on par luxury-wise but don't hold a candle to it off road... What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkleberryFinn View Post
    What am I missing?
    This is a pretty good write-up of the issue.

...Ok I'm a Brit so honor-bound to defend it...
    ))Too much thread drift((
    Why?
    Prolly no Brits involved in running company any more.
    Part of multinat conglom I expect.
    Lets hear it for tje Sinclair C5, m'kay?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I think, at least as far as production scale goes, it would just be too much to have robots make skis, so they're pretty much all handmade. At least hand laid up. CNC cutting, or auto tuning machines for finishing? sure. But the rest is moved around, laid up, etc, by hand. Pretty lame that RMU just tried to pass off a second as a prize.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

So rmu is the new ramp?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Biggest news here is stuff like this:

I bet if Range Rover was Made by hand, they wouldn't be so shitty.

Or an Artisanal tank. Now that screams quality.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    So rmu is the new ramp?
    Seems like it. Maybe that's why they have a pub, get drunk, buy skis.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

There might be hope:
    Emailed Tyler Cohen (Editor of BC Mag) about what happened. He responded the next day to apologize and say he contacted his publisher who said he would contact RMU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Dude, That is fucked. I would just toss them. Their press must be fucked up. No idea how this could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Dude, That is fucked. I would just toss them. Their press must be fucked up. No idea how this could happen.
    I'm still trying to figure out how they got a proper base grind to begin with. Any chance they could have deformed post press and initial grind/finish. Seems super odd to me.

Worst ski I have skied in a long long time . . . i think it will be the new Ramp (the ski everyone loves to hate) . . . but in all honesty I wanted to really like the ski(RMU- CRM model) and Ramp and RMU company. Maybe it was the "wrong ski" for me? Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    Worst ski I have skied in a long long time . . . i think it will be the new Ramp (the ski everyone loves to hate) . . . but in all honesty I wanted to really like the ski(RMU- CRM model) and Ramp and RMU company. Maybe it was the "wrong ski" for me? Who knows
    This thread kinda proves it had nothing to do with you.

This thread sucks!

I picked up some of the original Apostles at the end of their first year (NS made em). Mike took care of me with a demo, shipped the skis to my house from a mag demo in Ut and I dropped em off at a shop in summit. I fkn love the skis and haven't been able to kill em, hell haven't really hurt em and they have taken some damn hard hits. Also demod the Professor of the same vintage and it was a solid ski. I've been looking for some bigger longer sticks and had an eye on the North Shore. Now you guys have me questioning that, I was hoping this would be an easy choice...

Don't understand why RMU would not try to stop the endless bad publicity that this thread is generating. Even if there is some explanation that we are not aware of making this go away is only the cost of a new pair of skis.