Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Talk about holding a grudge for a pair of free skis. Let it go man, you'll be happier without that baggage.
    I dunno man...I've never owned an RMU or dealt with them, but when I saw that comment about the skis being made by Blizzard was: their skis should be solid now...but if there was an issue, the same folks are still running the show.

So many great skis out there, it would be hard for me to purchase RMU unless there was some indication they've changed some of their customer service policies.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I've had a few pair of RMU's and I like 'em. RMU has also donated to a few fundraisers that I am involved with and have been super helpful. They are not some evil corporation out to ruin skiing or rip people off.

I've had a few pair of RMU's and I like 'em. RMU has also donated to a few fundraisers that I am involved with and have been super helpful. They are not some evil corporation out to ruin skiing or rip people off.
    Which is funny b/c this whole thing started when RMU donated to a fundraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Which is funny b/c this whole thing started when RMU donated to a fundraiser.
    I think it was a magazine contest.

I think it was a magazine contest.
    Yer right...I'm a dummy.

You misunderstood my post. No grudge just reiterating what this was about. Granted no I would never buy a pair of skis from them and I do think that the owner is a complete tool but I have no grudge against them. The only time I think about them is when this thread comes up

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Moment is making some (they love shipping stuff with sub papers for packing haha). I believe most are being made by Blizzard.
    We only made a couple models for them this summer. Took over some production from a Swedish factory they were at. The rest of the skis are being made at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    You misunderstood my post. No grudge just reiterating what this was about. Granted no I would never buy a pair of skis from them and I do think that the owner is a complete tool but I have no grudge against them. The only time I think about them is when this thread comes up
    Amazing how one bad CS experience can spur a 13 page thread. I’ve had exactly one interaction with them and it was remarkably positive including shipping me demo skis for free from Utah. Glad to hear they are being made at Blizzard, I ironically went with blizzard for my last skis, wrote off RMU because they were no longer being produced at NS. Still love my NS Apostles though.

Rocky Mountain Underground is massively dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Amazing how one bad CS experience can spur a 13 page thread. I’ve had exactly one interaction with them and it was remarkably positive including shipping me demo skis for free from Utah. Glad to hear they are being made at Blizzard, I ironically went with blizzard for my last skis, wrote off RMU because they were no longer being produced at NS. Still love my NS Apostles though.
    Maybe you should go back and read the 13 pages. It’s not just one bad customer experience that has spurred this on. I’ll only speak to my experience with RMU, but my North Shores (Never Summer era I believe) were the most offensive pieces of sh*t I have ever had the displeasure of strapping to my feet.

I get new skis every year. I’ve been on some skis that don’t really work for me but I recognize that it is a bad fit and not the ski’s fault. Not the North Shore’s however. Straight up garbage. Irredeemable shit.

No doubt they will be better if Blizzard is making them. But their track record speaks for itself as far as I am concerned. I have never heard as much vitriol directed at one brand of ski and as far as I am concerned it is entirely warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Maybe you should go back and read the 13 pages. It’s not just one bad customer experience that has spurred this on. I’ll only speak to my experience with RMU, but my North Shores (Never Summer era I believe) were the most offensive pieces of sh*t I have ever had the displeasure of strapping to my feet.

I get new skis every year. I’ve been on some skis that don’t really work for me but I recognize that it is a bad fit and not the ski’s fault. Not the North Shore’s however. Straight up garbage. Irredeemable shit.

No doubt they will be better if Blizzard is making them. But their track record speaks for itself as far as I am concerned. I have never heard as much vitriol directed at one brand of ski and as far as I am concerned it is entirely warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We were talking about customer service, not product design or quality. How many customer service complaints were there? I haven’t committed this entire thread to memory but I only recall one, and that was the initial post, which is why everyone seems to be hating on them so much. Just find it interesting.

I'll admit, I work in breck and have mounted many pairs of RMU and have never seen a consistent quality as far as manufacturing is concerned. Sometimes it's missing small lengths of edge in the tip/tails, or holes in the epoxy on the sidewalls/near the tip, etc. I actually enjoyed skiing the old Apostles from 6-7 years ago (mind you this was relative to the technology of the time and what was available) but all the current models are just more torsionally stiff lacking super-light skis like all the rest.

I just got an email from Blister with their Weekly Gear Giveaway:

https://blisterreview.com/blister-ge...y/win-rmu-skis

I had to bump this, just to be a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Ha, never saw this thread before now, so thanks for the bump. I will add my (rapidly devaluing thanks to inflation) 2 cents. I rode everything in their lineup during a demo day at A-Basin a few years ago and found them severely disappointing. Stupidly lifeless, unexpectedly hooky yet unable to hold a carve, stiff but not powerful. Some of the worst skis I've been on.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Ha, never saw this thread before now, so thanks for the bump. I will add my (rapidly devaluing thanks to inflation) 2 cents. I rode everything in their lineup during a demo day at A-Basin a few years ago and found them severely disappointing. Stupidly lifeless, unexpectedly hooky yet unable to hold a carve, stiff but not powerful. Some of the worst skis I've been on.
    Could the factory tune on these just be all jacked up? A convex base as a poster upthread describes would contribute to these woes as well.

An internet influencer type came thru town and he asked to borrow my bench to mess with his RMU demo's and I could see the tune was visibly very bad,

At that time I really wondered how RMU could give these to someone who has a voice on the webs ?

I did try to talk Angle parking down from ditching free RMU's but he was like " they are shit man I don't want them "

in any case this thread is now 5 yrs old so I have wondered did RMU's get any better ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    An internet influencer type came thru town and he asked to borrow my bench to mess with his RMU demo's and I could see the tune was visibly very bad,

At that time I really wondered how RMU could give these to someone who has a voice on the webs ?

I did try to talk Angle parking down from ditching free skis but he was like they are shit man I don't want them
    ^^^ This is true and the rep even offered me a new pair but I was so repulsed by them that I denied his efforts to make things right (I appreciated his efforts though).

In all fairness, I have heard they have gotten better since moving away to a new maker but I will never confirm that by demoing or otherwise clicking into a pair such was the profoundly negative nature of my experience with them.

Worst skis I have ever been on and it's not even close.

When I was looking for skis, I had someone whose judgment I trust highly recommend the RMU Apostles, so either they've improved or he tuned the shit out of them before using.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

well I know 2 good skiers who's words I trust who actually skied them that are not impressed and the bases I seen were so rough you could break your hand running it over the base

The vast majority of skis come out of the same factories different models with different topsheets, if you look at the vast majority of those skis the quality is pretty good, but in addition to quality the big question in my mind

does the ski they design work?

I thought RMU had fully transitioned to running bars and making lap top bags and tail gate pads. Didn’t realize they were still losing money making skis. Thought J lev convinced them it wasn’t worth while.

If you look at the OP they gave away defective 2011 skis in a 2017 contest.
    Maybe they found some 2016 warranty returns laying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

^^^ This
    Worst skis I have ever been on and it's not even close.
    333 skis has a demo pair to change your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    333 skis has a demo pair to change your mind

I hate to say it, but i'm sticking to the bigger brands I know, Blizzard and Atomic mostly. They have proven to be stalwart performers in my ever changing quiver over the years. Looking back, all my fav skis are from the bigger European made players. I'm giving a pass on the whole boutique brand thing. Too many shitty skis from the small guys out there.

I hate to say it, but i'm sticking to the bigger brands I know, Blizzard and Atomic mostly. They have proven to be stalwart performers in my ever changing quiver over the years. Looking back, all my fav skis are from the bigger European made players. I'm giving a pass on the whole boutique brand thing. Too many shitty skis from the small guys out there.
    i don't hate to say it, in fact I agree with you, I think that whole bro bra boutique thing is way overrated,

even if small guy made a ski that doesnt fall apart does it perform ??

IME the big brands know shit about designing/ testing/ bringing a ski to market, the ski pubs testers ski it and tell us what to expect

Until you ski a praxis cause they are honestly some of the best skis I've ever skied

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk