Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sickturd View Post
    My point is free shit is free shit and if you get butthurt because the free shit sucks and the free shit company says they won't replace your free shit, then well that's called

life dipshits.
    And in that case posting about in on a ski forum is pretty much what I would do as well.

Enough for me. Later tater.

My point is free shit is free shit and if you get butthurt because the free shit sucks and the free shit company says they won't replace your free shit, then well that's called

life dipshits.
    That doesn't seem correct to me. If I understand the facts correctly, this was a contest run by a magazine, and the intent with all contests is, essentially, marketing. So calling it simply "free shit" as if someone walked up to Roxtar on the street and handed him skis is disingenuous. There was an expectation shared by all. RMU got advertising out of being part of the contest, and their part of the bargain was to provide a legit pair of RMU skis to the winner. A contest participant had the expectation that if they won, they would receive a legit pair of RMU skis. For RMU to instead provide a pair of defective throwaway skis, and to not warranty them when that was discovered, isn't right. And it isn't "free shit". RMU paid for the advertising/marketing with a pair of worthless skis; it seems that if anyone got free shit it was them.
    Last edited by Danno; 03-15-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it seems that if anyone got free shit it was them.
    boom!

I mean, here's an example of a different BC mag contest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backcountry-opening-day-giveaway.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	202583

It seems patently wrong to say that Blizzard, BCA, or whoever are free to provide defective merchandise, without recourse, to the winner of the contest under the idea that it was "just free shit" and they had no further obligations. That contest is advertising and marketing, and the product manufacturers are receiving valuable advertising by participating. And anyone entering the contest has the reasonable expectation that if they win, the gear they receive will be real, usable gear, and not defective crap.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread is that it's entirely possible the railed skis Roxtar received helped lead to his son's injury, assuming the injury occurred when he was on those skis. I've never felt so out of control as I have on a pair of severely railed skis to the point where I felt (and probably looked) like a complete beginner out there.

If the injury did occur while on those skis, for that reason alone RMU should have stepped up and at least replaced the defective pair.

The lack of response after the fact is one thing, but it seems like they never wanted to give out anything in the first place, or misplaced the pair they had set aside for the giveaway, since it took a month to even get the skis sent out initially.

Was tempted to walk into their shop/bar and politely mention this thread to them when I was in Breck a few weeks ago, but got drunk across the street and forgot to go back.

life dipshits.
    Someone made a great point early on in this thread.
    If you won a car on Price Is Right, would it be OK for it to have a blown engine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    One thing that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread is that it's entirely possible the railed skis Roxtar received helped lead to his son's injury, assuming the injury occurred when he was on those skis. I've never felt so out of control as I have on a pair of severely railed skis to the point where I felt (and probably looked) like a complete beginner out there.

If the injury did occur while on those skis, for that reason alone RMU should have stepped up and at least replaced the defective pair.
    I almost mentioned that upthread in post #250, but it wasn't clear from Roxtar's original post if his son injured himself on the RMUs, on another ski, or not on skis at all. Worded ambiguously. But if the RMUs were the skis he was on and the way the injury occurred mayhave been related to the defect issue, then all to more reason to be pissed, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    I almost mentioned that upthread in post #250, but it wasn't clear from Roxtar's original post if his son injured himself on the RMUs, on another ski, or not on skis at all. Worded ambiguously. But if the RMUs were the skis he was on and the way the injury occurred mayhave been related to the defect issue, then all to more reason to be pissed, for sure.
    Nope, unrelated.
    If that had happened I'd have done a lot more than post a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I poked around their website, and WRT warranty there is this statement: "All warranties must be from original purchaser on new full priced skis that have been registered through RMUskis.com" which I guess exempts the pair in question (technically, but not in any "do what is right" sense).
    What kind of fucked up warranty is that?

a) if I get a $10 discount on a new pair from a dealer, they have no warranty?
    b) if I pay full price but dont log in to register them they have no warranty?

Fack them, I hope they fail miserably. they deserve it.
    . . .

RMU ski purchasers be aware, apparently you can't buy a pair of their skis at season end when retailers are offering discounts.

There was a thread here about a pair of Moment skis that were slow, no glide. Moment's CEO chimed in and offered to send a Fed Ex shipping label to have the skis sent back to the factory for inspection, tune, repair or whatever. This is the kind of service we should all expect.

They sell cool dog bowl collars now. Screw skis. Lifestyle man....

Fuck RMU

I find it quite amusing that this thread was nearly dead until an rmu dealer posts in hopes of killing the thread. Now the threat is alive and strong!

I still can't believe the complete lack of rmu response to this thread and to roxtar.

Hah!
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    RMU ski purchasers be aware, apparently you can't buy a pair of their skis at season end when retailers are offering discounts.

There was a thread here about a pair of Moment skis that were slow, no glide. Moment's CEO chimed in and offered to send a Fed Ex shipping label to have the skis sent back to the factory for inspection, tune, repair or whatever. This is the kind of service we should all expect.
    Word
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 2.59.57 PM.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	202877
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Oh shit. They've got more blems.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Someone should email Friends of the CAIC and let them know that they may be enticing people with a defective non-warrantied pair of skis.

Well I sure as fuck would pick the Mammut Backcountry package.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Rocky Mountain Underground is massively dissapointing.

well the obvious thing to do here would be for all of us to enter the contest then burn the skis if someone actually wins

also huge props to BC Mag, I will surely be buying an issue next time I'm in the local shop

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Praxis Rx

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    What kind of fucked up warranty is that?

a) if I get a $10 discount on a new pair from a dealer, they have no warranty?
    b) if I pay full price but dont log in to register them they have no warranty?

Fack them, I hope they fail miserably. they deserve it.
    My understanding on warranties is that registration is NOT required for "full warranties" but can be for "limited warranties", although it likely wouldn't stand up in court. Some states specifically ban companies from making warranties conditional on registration.

RMU is bragging about their "non-profit-like" ethics int he local rag

http://www.summitdaily.com/explore-s...-breckenridge/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I was letting this thread die but this was too good to ignore:
    http://mailchi.mp/rockymountainunder...9?e=648ac92ec6

No one is taking the bait eh?

Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    well the obvious thing to do here would be for all of us to enter the contest then burn the skis if someone actually wins

also huge props to BC Mag, I will surely be buying an issue next time I'm in the local shop
    The proper thing to do would be to show up with a camera crew and attempt to return them for the full purchase price and then post it here for us all to laugh at. Costume will be an important choice for this thread.

I've mentioned this to everyone I've run into with their skis. (3 so far) It's funny, but their is a marketing lesson here. If you treat someone right, goodwill sells. If you shit on them, you can turn off a lot of potential customers.

Back to training.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post

I never actually got that shipping label, but maybe I typed my email address wrong. I also expressed I was pretty loath to send them back as it's really not a big deal. Maybe another stone grind down the line and a bunch of soft wax to prep it. I don't really care because they're not my primary skis anymore. It's no biggie even if they were, seems like a hassle to send them back. I would like to put some lighter frame binding on them, maybe, idk.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.