Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    i'm glad to see it all worked out in the end! i just re upped my Backcountry Magazine subscription partially because of this thread, nice to see! like most i'm very surprised that RMU hasn't tried to make this right. i even have access to the RMU pro deal and i will certainly not be giving them my money.... sad to see really.

those new skis look awesome!!!

Rocky Mountain Underground is massively dissapointing.

Theres a set in the backset of the "World of X-Games" show on NBC...so they must be awesome!!! Amirite???
    Last edited by smartyiak; 03-02-2017 at 05:55 AM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Backcountry Magazine for the WIN

Scott skis also. Two standup businesses!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Attachment 201327
    Tyler at BC Mag really came through.
    Huge thanks
    . . .

When he forgot his dog Charlie’s water dish on a bike ride? That led to the Grrowler, a collar that unzips into a water bowl. (That collar — unveiled last summer to a chorus of praise — is outselling his skis.)

“We are about to become a dog collar company that makes skis,” Waesche says. “Our pursuit of solutions has gone into everything. This lifestyle we have here in Colorado provides that niche for solutions.”
    Last edited by Core Shot; 03-02-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    . . .

If he invents something to cover the dogs ass that unfolds into a bag the dog can shit in, I'm in for $37 as an investor.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If he invents something to cover the dogs ass that unfolds into a bag the dog can shit in, I'm in for $37 as an investor.
    It needs to be flammable.

Got this email today.
    So tempting

Name:  khguhgu.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  93.2 KB

Share your gear reviews
    Every gear review is valuable. Your feedback drives our future gear designs.
    Let us know what you think about our skis or any other RMU gear by writing a quick review on RMUOutdoors.com.

Copyright © 2017 Rocky Mountain Underground, All rights reserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Do it, just be honest.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

As an RMU dealer since 2013, I feel the need to chime in. I have interacted with many of you over the years. There is no question RMU made a mess of this, but it is a good company run by good people. Its probably much smaller than you all realize.

Our customers have been super happy with RMU and we have not had a single warranty. Not one. The ski design and quality continue to improve every season.

While it can be fun to pile on a company that really stepped in it, I would ask to consider those dealers who currently sell RMU, and plan to into the future. This thread is really not a fair review of how the skis perform, but rather an isolated incident from a clear production defect, and the ensuing customer service debacle.

This thread as definitely served its purpose and run its course. I would ask to mob to put the pitchforks down. Is the intent really to see RMU go out of business? That's not helpful for anyone involved in the ski industry, in any way.

If you still feel the need to burn it down, then carry on.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    As an RMU dealer since 2013, I feel the need to chime in. I have interacted with many of you over the years. There is no question RMU made a mess of this, but it is a good company run by good people. Its probably much smaller than you all realize.

Our customers have been super happy with RMU and we have not had a single warranty. Not one. The ski design and quality continue to improve every season.

While it can be fun to pile on a company that really stepped in it, I would ask to consider those dealers who currently sell RMU, and plan to into the future. This thread is really not a fair review of how the skis perform, but rather an isolated incident from a clear production defect, and the ensuing customer service debacle.

This thread as definitely served its purpose and run its course. I would ask to mob to put the pitchforks down. Is the intent really to see RMU go out of business? That's not helpful for anyone involved in the ski industry, in any way.

Very well put.
    Even I don't wish to see them out of business. I hope this thread serves as a wake up call that treating people like this will get noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

they need to man up and design better skis

quit selling skis with bases that are so rough you break yer wrist running your hand over the bases

buy a stone grinder
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

lets see putting your dick on the line and starting a business and then succeeding isn't easy, but the average dip shit who goes to work every day and sucks someone else's cock sure thinks it is

They should poach Rax's QC inspection team. Those guys are six sigma trained.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^bwwwaaaahhhhh

When this thread started I gave it a 90% chance of RMU galloping in on a white horse like a hero and sending the OP some new skis. The fact that they haven't chimed in yet says more to me than anything else... I mean, who runs a small business without a basic Google alert setup? That concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    lets see putting your dick on the line and starting a business and then succeeding isn't easy, but the average dip shit who goes to work every day and sucks someone else's cock sure thinks it is
    Gosh we better all support RMU then ?

so how many pair of RMU's have you got ?

As a RMU dealer, doesn't this concern you? I think that's a fair question. Just because the skis are good and local shops carry them doesn't mean that the way a manufacturer handles a situation isn't relevant to what factors a consumer might want to use to drive a purchase decision.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When this thread started I gave it a 90% chance of RMU galloping in on a white horse like a hero and sending the OP some new skis. The fact that they haven't chimed in yet says more to me than anything else... I mean, who runs a small business without a basic Google alert setup? That concerns me.
    This^^^ them not making it right ,with now ample opportunity ,is telling. I won't be considering rmu ever

There are more than a few brief reviews of other RMU skis in this very thread. Some by very respected posters who said they were basically uninspiring crap. I can't say personally but I won't ever know cause if they dropped the ball with something like this who know what they'll flake on next? First impression thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    .. I mean, who runs a small business without a basic Google alert setup? That concerns me.
    me who the fuck cares what a bunch of punters with aliases on the internet say

Yeah I know what you mean

Say is your name really fast Fred?

Always nice to hear from a retailer who is apparently is more concerned with propping up the value of his remaining inventory than reaching out to his contacts at RMU to make this right. Either I'm missing something or that is. Lame. As. Fuck.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Any company that wants to stay in business cares. My last boss had the Google alert set up and if anything negative related to my shit came up on the internet he was all over it and all over me (and if it was positive he made sure to email me kudos). True, you'll never please all the people all the time, but these days you can't ignore internet chatter and reviews if you are a serious business. At the very least you need to respond and tell your side of the story, professionally and sticking only to the facts. And try to make it right if you're clearly in the wrong. Internet reviews can ruin product sales, I've seen it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Always nice to hear from a retailer who is apparently is more concerned with propping up the value of his remaining inventory than reaching out to his contacts at RMU to make this right. Either I'm missing something or that is. Lame. As. Fuck.
    That is EXACTLY how I read it too. "Fuuuuuuck now I'm stuck with all these damn RMUs". Maybe at least mention the situation to the contacts and feel it out?

I'm actually starting to feel bad about my participation in this thread. I wouldn't in any way want to jeopardize anyone's ability to make a living. That's not cool. And yes, there has been a bit of a mob mentality scenario underway. Therefore, the following reiteration of my stake in this debate shall be my final adieu to all things even remotely related to RMU. The 2014 North Shore's I skied were easily the worst pieces of garbage I have ever skied. I would rather eat a pint of my own diarrhoea everyday for the next 20 years than ski those things.

And BTW, it's RMU nut huggers who are bumping this thread and keeping the fire burning.