Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    All the rad TGR guys can do that in 15 minutes.
    Can't control how fast the bus goes

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    .......... I think I'm too low on the income and intelligence scale for him anyways ........
    knock it off, thats loser-talk !!!!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Wow, there has been a huge outpouring of help offers.
    Thanks to all.

Tyler Cohen, the editor of Backcountry Magazine, has been trying to get RMU to see the light. He just called me to say they haven't been able to get anywhere with them and he's sending me a pair of Scott Superguide 105s they have in the office.
    Amazing

This industry can spawn some of the biggest douchbags, but also some of the best people I've ever met.
    It makes it even more important to support the good guys.
    Thanks again to the maggot collective and to Tyler from BC mag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

^that's really cool of Tyler and BC Mag!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    ^that's really cool of Tyler and BC Mag!
    Yes it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Thanks to all.

Tyler Cohen, the editor of Backcountry Magazine, has been trying to get RMU to see the light. He just called me to say they haven't been able to get anywhere with them and he's sending me a pair of Scott Superguide 105s they have in the office.
    Amazing

This industry can spawn some of the biggest douchbags, but also some of the best people I've ever met.
    BC Mag rocks!
    The Scotts are better skis anyway.

What he said ^^
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

And this is how you get good publicity. I want to buy BC Mag now and not RMU skis.

RMU out of biz in.... 3...2.....

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    And this is how you get good publicity. I want to buy BC Mag now and not RMU skis.
    Pretty much.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yep. Haven't had a subscription in years, but strongly considering it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

They offered my kid (thing #2) a little roots-team-style spancership a few years back. He accepted and liked the skis and did his part, 2 pairs. End of the season we sit down together at Snowbird and the rep (think it was one of the 'Mikes') said he was stoked to keep the relationship going with thing #2, and offered thing #3 the same deal for the next season. Seemed like a decent bloke.

Late summer rolls around and thing #2 reaches out to them. Their reply? Sorry, can't help you any more. Changed our minds. That was it.

I get that it's their prerogative and all that and that budgets and times change etc. No problem there. My guys weren't entitled to anything, but a pretty firm promise was made.

What pissed me off was that they didn't just give a heads-up so other plans could be made, or offer any explanation for the abrupt direction change. After all, these are 13 and 15 year old kids. They take things differently than us grizzled cynics.

Hope they get their shit together. Always like to see small ski companies make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Yep. Haven't had a subscription in years, but strongly considering it now.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Thanks to all.

Amazing

The folks at BCM are first rate!
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

This is where I wait for someone from RMU to chime in to make it right or clarify their position.

But I guess I'm just used to seeing the awesome reps of Moment, On3p, Praxis, and (formerly) PMGear on this board.

This is where I wait for someone from RMU to chime in to make it right or clarify their position.

But I guess I'm just used to seeing the awesome reps of Moment, On3p, Praxis, and (formerly) PMGear on this board.
    Those others mentioned would never have gotten into this position. They know/knew how to do the right thing. RMU will see the light, but it will be too late probably.

Happy things are working themselves out for Roxtar and his kid. Respect to BC Mag for taking ownership of a situation. RMU sucks.

BTW - I highly recommend people subscribe to BC mag. They've been doing great work the last few years in particular and I'm sure they could use the support (note that Skiing magazine just went under).

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    They offered my kid (thing #2) a little roots-team-style spancership a few years back. He accepted and liked the skis and did his part, 2 pairs. End of the season we sit down together at Snowbird and the rep (think it was one of the 'Mikes') said he was stoked to keep the relationship going with thing #2, and offered thing #3 the same deal for the next season. Seemed like a decent bloke.

Late summer rolls around and thing #2 reaches out to them. Their reply? Sorry, can't help you any more. Changed our minds. That was it.

I get that it's their prerogative and all that and that budgets and times change etc. No problem there. My guys weren't entitled to anything, but a pretty firm promise was made.

What pissed me off was that they didn't just give a heads-up so other plans could be made, or offer any explanation for the abrupt direction change. After all, these are 13 and 15 year old kids. They take things differently than us grizzled cynics.

Hope they get their shit together. Always like to see small ski companies make it work.
    The difference is that Mike, the former UT rep, is a great guy. Probably for the best, he parted ways with RMU over their douchebaggery a few years back. Must have been that spring, thus RMU not honoring his offer to you. Sucks. They're certainly not building goodwill within the industry. better get their shit together or drown like so many others.

Anyhow, glad to hear BC Mag is stepping up. Awesome organisation!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Better late than never.
    Good on BC Mag, but, being the prize-giver it was their baby all along really.
    So I hear RockyMountainUnderground is gonna switch to making Snowboards now.
    So everything can align with the corporate culture they have over there...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    .......What pissed me off was that they didn't just give a heads-up so other plans could be made, or offer any explanation for the abrupt direction change....
    welcome to the new normal O-pi ......... the call-back, follow-up and heads-up are dead in the 21st century; few take the time and mutual respect has vanished, its all "fuck you" ........ job interviews, rental applications, project proposals etc. if you're not The Guy, you aint gonna hear back ......... sorry, gotta go, my FB needs updating
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    welcome to the new normal O-pi ......... the call-back, follow-up and heads-up are dead in the 21st century; few take the time and mutual respect has vanished, its all "fuck you" ........ job interviews, rental applications, project proposals etc. if you're not The Guy, you aint gonna hear back ......... sorry, gotta go, my FB needs updating
    Why to you have to be so honest and right.

Following up thanking people for their time it's all a thing of the past

See what you can get for free take advantage of everything and everyone

Well I've been putting it off for no particular reason but it looks like it's time to re up my BC mag subscription. I'd always had a feeling that Tyler Cohen was a good guy and that pretty well confirms it.

Looks like a 'life style brand' to me:
    http://freeskier.com/stories/theres-...hop-time-belly
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Yeah, right? Spancerships take a lot of work for sure and they're learning that now that they're older. Though I have to say that most of those companies for whom they are riding these days do honor their word[s]. Bigger companies with actual team managers though, so clearly better infrastructure for the athletes.

One company simply stopped replying to emails after 2 years of outerwear support and a pretty established relationship. Weird. Keep up that FB!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.