Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 277
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    where bankers breed
    Posts
    26,812
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I won a monthly giveaway from Backcountry magazine that was supposed to include skis, bindings, boots, etc. They even emailed me saying that I won. Day later, they said there was a mistake and I just won the weekly prize (which there was no info on their page about) They sent me some gloves, a hat, and a shitty old cloud veil hoody. Did I cry about it on the web? No. I just don't buy or read their magazine anymore. Moved on.
    You just did.

    250 million dollars

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    the junkshow
    Posts
    5,190

    Rocky Mountain Underground is massively dissapointing.

    Yeah. Ya got me. That was like five years ago though. Been holding it in all this time. Really feels good to get it off my chest. Thanks Bunny

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Just here to say that I got a couple year old pair of RMU SCRM's that I really like. Never had a problem. Actually impressed how these skis take a pretty good hit and keep ticking. Different ski than the OP but I've been digging them for inbounds days around CO.

    If they feel "hooky" did you try detuning them?

    Free skis? And you bitch about them? Just sell them and move on.
    The hookiness is because the edges are 1mm higher than the base. No amount of detuning will solve that. Water skis use a concave bottom to achieve exactly what these are doing ("hooky" is a good thing with water skis). The only way to solve these is to grind the edges till the base is flat. which would leave about a .25mm edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Just sell them and move on.
    Note to self, never buy skis from shredgnar The skis are defective, not just bad. Who should I sell them to? Maybe better to put the word out to the collective about a bad company with douchbag level customer service.

    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I won a monthly giveaway from Backcountry magazine that was supposed to include skis, bindings, boots, etc. They even emailed me saying that I won. Day later, they said there was a mistake and I just won the weekly prize (which there was no info on their page about) They sent me some gloves, a hat, and a shitty old cloud veil hoody. Did I cry about it on the web? No. I just don't buy or read their magazine anymore. Moved on.
    BC Mag did nothing wrong. I totally appreciate them. They have no control over what happens between vendors and winners.
    That said, I did send them a letter about the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    13,042
    A product testing type was up here skiing and he brought some RMU's, he asked to use my bench to get some wax on the bases cuz they were just so poorly prepped & rougher than hell

    I couldn't believe they would give a guy who might write about their product skis that looked that bad, as far as I can tell the tester dude chose to not write anything about RMU

    I also remember Angle parking ranting to me about the RMU's, they were free but they suked !

    better get your shit togetehr RMU!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outside The Norm, in the 510
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    ...BC Mag did nothing wrong...
    They have no control over what happens between vendors and winners.
    Hmn. O'Reilly?
    And yet here we have two Prize Winners from the very same BCMag that got "Shafted" on their prizes...
    The publication awarded you the prize.
    They should make things good, imho.

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    66

    I actually like RMU lol

    Personally I believe that the RMU skis are actually great! The Apostle's, at least the newer years, are great skis along with the way that they ride! Super nice shape, light, fly on powder, and a perfect stiffness. Obviously each to their own, really interesting stories though. I've actually never really heard much bad about RMU, normally only good things. Honestly this is the first time I have ever heard anything bad about them. So are ya'll really just saying they have a lot of defective pairs and bad customer service? Interesting... Really sorry to hear about that guys that you didn't have have as good experience as I did!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    32
    I ski a pair of SCRMS, they rip pretty much everything. Nice in bounds and out of bounds. The guy at one of the local reputable shops loves the apostles.

    This sounds like a couple of bad situations that were managed poorly by a ski company that is growing rapidly. Too Bad.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    8,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Zennan View Post
    Personally I believe that the RMU skis are actually great! The Apostle's, at least the newer years, are great skis along with the way that they ride! Super nice shape, light, fly on powder, and a perfect stiffness. Obviously each to their own, really interesting stories though. I've actually never really heard much bad about RMU, normally only good things. Honestly this is the first time I have ever heard anything bad about them. So are ya'll really just saying they have a lot of defective pairs and bad customer service? Interesting... Really sorry to hear about that guys that you didn't have have as good experience as I did!
    4 post jong magically an RMU fanboi. "Perfect" stiffness? For who? You? Like you said to each their own, but I'm going with the collective on this. Shitty way to handle the whole deal.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    1,291
    Honestly, the more I think about this, the worse it feels.
    Why would a ski company keep around a 5 year old ski? Why didn't it get closed out or moved somehow?
    Perhaps they knew it was defective and didn't want to sell it through their dealers but found a great way to dump it and get something out of it.
    They have an ad in that issue. I'd guess they got a nice price break for donating.
    I sent a letter to BC Mag explaining what happened. If I were them, I'd be pissed to hear this.
    Hopefully they can/will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outside The Norm, in the 510
    Posts
    2,189
    A letter to magazine is a start.
    If possible, try to get someone on the phone though, to move things forward.
    (Email might be ok too)
    > Get a name <

    Do not mention this thread...at first...save it for if they cold-shoulder you.

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,549
    Thanks for the heads up.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    where bankers breed
    Posts
    26,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Honestly, the more I think about this, the worse it feels.
    Why would a ski company keep around a 5 year old ski? Why didn't it get closed out or moved somehow?
    Perhaps they knew it was defective and didn't want to sell it through their dealers but found a great way to dump it and get something out of it.
    They have an ad in that issue. I'd guess they got a nice price break for donating.
    I sent a letter to BC Mag explaining what happened. If I were them, I'd be pissed to hear this.
    Hopefully they can/will help.
    If I wasn't a new owner of a very nice pair of Meier skis that totally satisfied my needs on certain days, I'd say, watch out for small, dirtbag manufacturers from drug addled Colorado right now. So, I won't. Except my Meiers totally rock.
    It's a culture thing.

    250 million dollars

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18
    DPS

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunderBoy View Post
    DPS
    Ahhh. Good old Dentist Powder Skis.

    Ironically made for dentists who can't ski...

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the gach
    Posts
    5,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If I wasn't a new owner of a very nice pair of Meier skis that totally satisfied my needs on certain days, I'd say, watch out for small, dirtbag manufacturers from drug addled Colorado right now. So, I won't. Except my Meiers totally rock.
    It's a culture thing.
    Meier skis. For when you can't manage to offload the chair with anything less.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'd say, watch out for small, dirtbag manufacturers from drug addled Colorado right now.
    The 333/Community skis trailer and accompanying shit show is back in town?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    8,197
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    The 333/Community skis trailer and accompanying shit show is back in town?
    Wait a minute. Did the RMU guys take ski building classes at 333skis? That might explain things.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    7,401
    Giving away old skis as a prize is lame, there's really no getting around that. It's weird too - the magazine usually prints a photo of said prize and it's almost always something new because, duh, they're promoting it in the process.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    14,577
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Giving away old skis as a prize is lame, there's really no getting around that. It's weird too - the magazine usually prints a photo of said prize and it's almost always something new because, duh, they're promoting it in the process.
    This.

    Giving someone the runaround and finally coughing up old defective skis and no support is lame and bad PR. At the very least this is a hit to RMUs rep and the magazine will never use them for promo.

    Why the hell did RMU offer to participate in a promo prize?

    Seems like a phone call is the best thing here and get someone high enough up the short chain that they see the big picture effect for RMU.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    10,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This.

    Giving someone the runaround and finally coughing up old defective skis and no support is lame and bad PR. At the very least this is a hit to RMUs rep and the magazine will never use them for promo.

    Why the hell did RMU offer to participate in a promo prize?

    Seems like a phone call is the best thing here and get someone high enough up the short chain that they see the big picture effect for RMU.
    Have to wonder what that might accomplish. It sounds (from this thread) like that company just can't build skis and/or has terrible (if any) quality control. They generally don't seem to give a shit, which likely starts with dysfunction at the top. It sucks, but so does the rain in February it looks like we're about to get. Probably time to give up on this--lesson (which I'm guilty of not following myself) is to carefully inspect new skis. Lot better now with the big companies than it used to be, but you still never know. Sorry to hear about this for the OP, especially since it arguably contributed to his kid's injury.
    [quote][//quote]

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Wait a minute. Did the RMU guys take ski building classes at 333skis? That might explain things.
    RMU doesn't build skis. They sell them.
    "All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    RMU doesn't build skis. They sell them.
    This. I really have zero interest in an indie that doesn't build their own. There's a reason ON3P, Praxis, Moment and 4FRNT (I know only some are made in the white room) have risen to the top over the last several years.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nice Kitty, Big kitty.
    Posts
    355
    Whatever, I just care how skis ski VS their cost.

    I have 2 pair of CRMs and like them (Older Never Summer factory builds) as well as a pair of Fattypus's that are from the Never Summer facility. I also own several pairs of K2s (the horror!)

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    RMU doesn't build skis. They sell them.
    Yeah they do. They have a bar slash showroom slash ski factory in downtown breck. they must have given away one of their drunk built seconds

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    2,367
    And here I though RMU skis were white labeled sticks out of China.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •