Scott Superguide - How soft?

Reading a few reviews, it looks like the Scott Superguide's flex is a bit overstated at a claimed 125 flex index. As far as touring boots go, I'm currently in a BD quadrant (claimed 120 flex, skis more like a 60 flex pair of slippers) and have tried a MTN Lab (120). Resort boots are a Cochise 120 from a year or two ago. How do the Superguides stack up in this lineup? Any other reccos on a tech boot with a higher instep, wider forefoot, and non-pebax material? I loved the way the Mtn labs ski, but they need some work to fit my wide forefoot and I'd like a bit more forward articulation in the walk mode.

I tried this boot on and actually liked it- no way its a 125 though based on carpet testing. The liner is excellent. I didn't like the ski/walk mechanism- and this is being changed for next year, which i think is worth waiting for.

Salomon Mtn Explores with a Booster are great, the stock strap is garbage. The walk mode is great. Ski really well in backcountry conditions. With the booster they don't feel much softer than my Head Vector 120s.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Salomon Mtn Explores with a Booster are great, the stock strap is garbage. The walk mode is great. Ski really well in backcountry conditions. With the booster they don't feel much softer than my Head Vector 120s.
    Same last as the MTN lab though.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Same last as the MTN lab though.

I have a very high instep and am either a wide D or narrow E and I'm pretty comfortable in the MTN last. With a booster the Explore is about perfect stiffness wise for the touring I do and the weight and walk mode are way better than the Lab.

I have a pretty high instep, not a SUPER wide foot but not narrow. Heat molded the shell and liner, fits GREAT now.