Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 845
  1. #776
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yeah. But they are not doing that. It is not in the interest of the capitalist and corps. They will build a pointless bucket lift so tourans can say they skied all of both mountains in a day. No way KSL will ever put in a rail line to mitigate traffic, unless the government requires it before they build any more shit. But that won't happen cause...
    Squaw is actually supposed to be paying for mass transit improvements as part of the development deal--but the amount is lacking quite a few zeros. Less than they spent fighting incorporation if I recall correctly.

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    lake level
    Posts
    1,193
    I think they agreed to pay a little under a half million, which obviously doesn't cover much. That was the money to get the CA AG off their back. And their stance is that if the lawsuit against them is successful and they have to present their plan to the county again, that money goes away. Not sure what improvements they can actually do that would make a difference, besides drilling a tunnel to Auburn. I would be in favor of that.
    I really lack the words to compliment myself today. - Alberto Tomba

  3. #778
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,821
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I think they agreed to pay a little under a half million, which obviously doesn't cover much. That was the money to get the CA AG off their back. And their stance is that if the lawsuit against them is successful and they have to present their plan to the county again, that money goes away. Not sure what improvements they can actually do that would make a difference, besides drilling a tunnel to Auburn. I would be in favor of that.
    I think there was some additional money specifically for mass transit in the original proposal, but the amount was equally trivial. The AG money goes into the clean air fund--whatever that does.

  4. #779
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,801
    Those KSL klowns....opened Summit chair over at Alpine!

    Seems like they're trying harder on ops this season. Whether or not last season's continuous bitch-fest worked or not, good on em.

  5. #780
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,351

  6. #781
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    I know this had been reported happening over the past few seasons at Squaw since KSL took over, but apparently Alterra (the KSL/Aspen joint venture) has banned/blacklisted some season pass holders at Winter Park this season for complaining on social media about operations, voiding and refunding their pass for this season and not allowing them to purchase a season pass for next season.

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by thepowderhound View Post
    I know this had been reported happening over the past few seasons at Squaw since KSL took over, but apparently Alterra (the KSL/Aspen joint venture) has banned/blacklisted some season pass holders at Winter Park this season for complaining on social media about operations, voiding and refunding their pass for this season and not allowing them to purchase a season pass for next season.
    I don't know if this is true, but if it is I hope some clients lawyer up and sue Alterra for voilating the first amendment. This sounds highly illegal, although I am not a lawyer.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

  8. #783
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,821
    Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but if it is I hope some clients lawyer up and sue Alterra for voilating the first amendment. This sounds highly illegal, although I am not a lawyer.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    The First Amendment applies to government, not to private businesses. I don't know if WP is on public land (SVAM is partly) and whether they can ban access to said public land for expressing an opinion, no matter how offensive. Maybe it depends on the terms of their permit. I'm sure it would be very expensive to pursue a case and I am sure the ACLU or public interest law firms have better cases to pursue if one were looking for free legal services.

    BTW--how reliable is your information--is there a publicly available source-- and what was the nature of the posts on social media--any threats of violence or property destruction?

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    BTW--how reliable is your information--is there a publicly available source-- and what was the nature of the posts on social media--any threats of violence or property destruction?
    I know one of the banned people who told me about others. I guess he was complaining about closures, lift ops, on-mountain operations and planned improvements. Not sure about the what the others said.

  10. #785
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The First Amendment applies to government, not to private businesses. I don't know if WP is on public land (SVAM is partly) and whether they can ban access to said public land for expressing an opinion, no matter how offensive. Maybe it depends on the terms of their permit. I'm sure it would be very expensive to pursue a case and I am sure the ACLU or public interest law firms have better cases to pursue if one were looking for free legal services.

    BTW--how reliable is your information--is there a publicly available source-- and what was the nature of the posts on social media--any threats of violence or property destruction?
    From what I remember WP is owned by the city of Denver but operated by Altera (or previously intrawest, powder, whoever). Not that Im truly aware of that would change 1st amendment rights to the situation.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    766
    As I said I am not a lawyer but if businesses can't refuse service based on race, gender, religion etc. I can't believe that they could refuse service based on you expressing your opinion online.

    If there is a legal case, a good idea would be to file the case and then go to the media. I would imagine they would settle out of court real quick to avoid the bad publicity

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #787
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,631
    You are definitely not a lawyer. Any business can tell you to stfu&gtfo anytime they want.

  13. #788
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    You are definitely not a lawyer. Any business can tell you to stfu&gtfo anytime they want.
    Maybe. But if they say GTFO and stfu because I am black or Muslim they have problem don't they?

  14. #789
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,801
    Nobody remembers the huge blow-up about pulling passes for FB comments from last year?? Damn, and I thought I was a stoner! haha

    http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=12334

    Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Maybe. But if they say GTFO and stfu because I am black or Muslim they have problem don't they?
    Yep, Civil Rights Act. Private businesses are prohibited by federal law from discriminating on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, and disability. Doesn't say anything about freedom of speech.
    sproing!

    FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

  15. #790
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Nobody remembers the huge blow-up about pulling passes for FB comments from last year?? Damn, and I thought I was a stoner! haha

    http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=12334



    Yep, Civil Rights Act. Private businesses are prohibited by federal law from discriminating on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, and disability. Doesn't say anything about freedom of speech.
    Lol, so what's all this Facebook is discriminating against conservatives that Republicans have their panties in a bunch? Completely legal?

  16. #791
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Lol, so what's all this Facebook is discriminating against conservatives that Republicans have their panties in a bunch? Completely legal?
    Modern day Republicans = not fucking rational. Move along.

  17. #792
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    4,171
    pm Danno
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  18. #793
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,821
    Quote Originally Posted by thepowderhound View Post
    I know one of the banned people who told me about others. I guess he was complaining about closures, lift ops, on-mountain operations and planned improvements. Not sure about the what the others said.
    Thanks.
    The pass pulling definitely stifled public, non-anonymous complaining around here. It only took a couple. Shut down Unofficial Alpine for example. (BTW--what's unofficial about Unofficial Squaw?)

    I wonder what the legal implications would be if the banned person spoke up at a meeting of say a planning commission or board of supervisors considering a project rather than on social media. Seems like that person might have a case?

    What we do know is that KSL, and now Alterra, is extremely image conscious and doesn't take well to public criticism. All the more reason to keep it up, just anonymously.

  19. #794
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Donner Summit
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    From what I remember WP is owned by the city of Denver but operated by Altera (or previously intrawest, powder, whoever).
    Burton v. Wilmington Parking Authority seems on point here, particularly since Denver previously operated the resort. That would make Alterra a state actor and bound by 1st amendment protections (as well as the 14th which was the issue in Burton). I'm just a dentist though.

  20. #795
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    From what I've seen, most USFS lease agreements give the operator a certain level of discretion regarding access. It's fairly clear they aren't acting as an arm of the government but as a private entity that happens to be leasing the land. During their operational period, they're pretty much allowed to limit access to their infrastructure as they see fit. So first amendment arguments don't really apply IMO. Lame, but very likely 100% legal.

  21. #796
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Donner Summit
    Posts
    701
    Yeah I was talking specifically about the Denver/WP situation, where the city owns the resort and contracts with a private company to operate it. USFS leases are a different story, the FS owns the land but not the resort and isn't benefiting from resort operations beyond the lease fee.

  22. #797
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,556
    And what people really want is more parking.

    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...illion-Capital

  23. #798
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,304
    Actually, sounds like some good improvements.

  24. #799
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    And what people really want is more parking.

    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...illion-Capital
    No, what people really want is less people.

  25. #800
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    672
    It's time to revive this bitch thread. Those bitches and butches at Placer County rubber-stamped the fuckin' Base To Base Gondola between Squaw and Alpine...the final Board approval was unanimous. Just another little annoyance....fucking eyesore all over the Alpine Meadows valley, an eyesore to people hiking Five Lakes, or annoying to people that want to pretend that Granite Chief Wilderness is not 200 feet from electrified transportation. And that it supports and encourages the development of Whitewolf...more homes for billionaires...just what we needed...because we need more jets and helicopters landing at the Truckee airport. I hate that I live 100 feet from the Placer County line so I can't even vote one of those fuckers out.

    You can bet next year..."we have to close Alpine Meadows early to build a fucking useless gondola".

    Okay, bitching done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •