Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Official KSL Bitch AND Bitch about people bitching about KSL thread

Didn't mean to hit a nerve there, dr. Goat.

As I'm sure you've noticed, this thread has basically descended into a battle of the jongs. You've been around these parts way too long to stoop down to our level.

But yes, please do take your off topic interpretive bitching somewhere else.

Oh and fuck KSL
    Last edited by stanmarsh; 02-07-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Name:  fonz.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  35.8 KB
    Name:  we-have-officially-jumped-the-shark.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  54.1 KB
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Nice rocker on the fonz skis.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

best of both worlds sammyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EKGYcZ5QGA

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The thread title is Official KSL Bitch AND Bitch About People Bitching About KSL Thread. I believe most would interpret that to include bitching about people bitching about people bitching about KSL.

you obviously haven't been following. Gnarbro started this thread because he was tired of the bitching and wanted more stoke (which he has posted a fair bit of btw). But he's also the biggest bitcher of all. But I concede your point; I'll take my bitching back to the Make Tahoe Deep Again 2016/17 Ofishul Snow/Food/WHINE and Stoke thread, if and when I have something new to bitch about, and leave leave you and Gnarbro to bitch here about nothing.
    I am so confused right now.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The problem seems to be that with the weather and lack of skiing the last few days the only thing left to bitch about is each other.

I'm not a huge supporter of Vail Resorts either, but they've been doing everything they can to get people to ski in the rain the past two days.

Anybody in their right mind would be ok with the Heave shutting down in these conditions, but they keep pushing for any chair they can get open. It seems like the smart business decision would be to just call it a day early, and save all that money on labor.

I'm demanding a money hold.

"Skiing in the rain is like standing under a cold shower with all your clothes on while ripping up twenty dollar bills." - Maybe Warren Miller, Maybe some rando TGR member

Lifts were spinning at Northstar yesterday (I was at mid mountain), and when northstar was spinning it was raining harder than when I was at the squaw base area.

I remember growing up you used to be able to ski the upper mountain at squaw when it snowed. Now, it there's even a little bit of snow, I know squaw will have their entire upper mountain shut down.

Just what I expect.

I have a squaw bronze pass for April-June skiing.

Hey now, you guys can go shralp Subway. Bring garbage bags. https://twitter.com/squawalpineops/s...77867570032641

I'm just here to bitch about the people who are bitching about the people bitching about KSL. So meta I'm confused.

Below are links to the SV weather stations so we can bitch about the AntiKSL armchair-operations-weatherman input on what their Iphone weather app says and what should be open so they can pretend that they want to ski in sideways blowing rain.

Squaw Base 6200
    Squaw High Camp 8000
    Squaw / Sierra Crest 8700
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

JHMR closed until further notice (could be 5+ days) after 29" of snow in 48 hours and mountaintop winds gusting to 165mph.

Not bad, but less than the 173mph recorded at the top of sibo in January.

Not just KSL that's struggling this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
    JHMR closed until further notice (could be 5+ days) after 29" of snow in 48 hours and mountaintop winds gusting to 165mph.

Let's see how long it takes for JHMR to open, particularly intermediate and advanced terrain. Something tells me JHMR could have run Magic Carpets and said they were open but chose not to. But that is pure speculation.

That's a bullshit comparison. There are pictures of like 15 power poles down leading to the village. They aren't saying stupid shit like "we only have 2 cat drivers who can cut this road."

From my barstool I can see squaw is running Far East and papoose, that's not just making lemonade from lemons, that lemonade made out of the piss on your leg when they told you it's raining. And there are people out there.

I've been trying to figure this one out:

https://twitter.com/squawalpineops/s...70887656726528
    Technical difficulties due to AT&T outage. The App is reflecting the correct lift status, but website is not. Apologies!
    How in the world did they build this system such that an AT&T outage leads to data disparity between mobile & web apps? I'm a software engineer and I have no guesses.

Maybe the webmaster uses ATT and the app guy can't call her with his updates and is too lazy to walk over to her desk?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That's a bullshit comparison.
    Eh, fine fair enough. Point being it is still a record breaking winter despite many of the anecdotes.

I'll leave this here to stoke the flames a bit. If there were some type of government conspiracy involved, I doubt he'd be able to comment here. Might as well let the speculations run wild.

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=12427

My sources tell me it might be connected to the JHMR power outage.
    Last edited by stanmarsh; 02-09-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Yeah given that I am pulling the plug on UA, it looks like this may be the new place to park your bitches! Best title ever!
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Unofficial Alpine, arguably Tahoe's best community blog, has pulled the plug.

The End of the Road

Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    I've been trying to figure this one out:

How in the world did they build this system such that an AT&T outage leads to data disparity between mobile & web apps? I'm a software engineer and I have no guesses.
    perhaps they are able to upload to their apps via a cell data connection but they're using att's dsl to upload to their website and they don't know how to turn a phone into a hotspot? maybe.

Those wind gusts were on mt coffin, 70 miles south of where the outage occurred. the winds at the summit of rendezvous, 4k' above where the lines were blown over, had gusts almost to 75.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Let's see how long it takes for JHMR to open, particularly intermediate and advanced terrain. Something tells me JHMR could have run Magic Carpets and said they were open but chose not to. But that is pure speculation.
    No. They don't have power and won't for 5-7 days. They have told the 1,000s staying in the village they have to leave. They are also losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    They don't have power and won't for 5-7 days. They have told the 1,000s staying in the village they have to leave. They are also losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, probably more.
    The money loss makes me wonder how much pressure there will be on the electrical company to fix the problem ASAP. I wonder if the time estimates are conservative because I think it would be smart marketing. Better to open earlier than keep postponing the date. We will see.

This is a duplicate of what I also posted on the Tahoe thread. This is probably a more appropriate place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Unofficial Alpine closing shop? Sad!

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=12427
    Wow, that is a total downer. UA was the only legit source of news for that side of the lake. After reading Mark's final post it's apparent that this was no coincidence in light of recent events. For example.....

Mark-"It’s an odd time to be pulling the plug, as last month we had nearly 100,000 page views, our biggest ever."
    Just randomly shuts down after the most hits ever in a month? UA's Face Book page has allready been deleted also.

Some of the questions that were asked by readers why he was shutting down were direct and to the point. No responce, and more importantly, no denial from him. Just silence. Here's a few of the questions asked...

"Something inside me wonders if this has to do with heat from whom this site takes to task?"
    "Soooo…KSL threatened to pull your pass?".... "Hmmm. Thought provoking thought"
    "Another disappointed fan here who is wondering if a Cease and Desist letter is ending a great forum"
    "I do hope that it was your choice and not KSL pressure."
    "I guess KSL got to you finally."
    "When you didn’t update the last couple days I had a terrible premonition."
    "I have to be candid–you know we’re all wondering the same thing: was this 100% your decision? Because the timing seems…uncanny"
    "I am also a reader who is naturally wondering now if KSL has played a factor in your decision?"
    "I suspect KSL politicking is in play… shutting down a blog (or at least threatening)"
    "Please let us know that SVSH isn’t behind this. Just doesn’t make sense"

Maybe he just needed a break, wants to ski more work less, lost motivation etc.....But my gut feeling is no fucking way. Mark poured his heart and soul into his very well written and insighfull posts. More likely a cease and desist letter with threats of legal proceedings and the potential costs one could incur had something to do with it. Sucks. I hope more will be revealed.