Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Anti-trust concerns be damned, the KSL/Intrawest/Mammoth deal just officially closed.

https://www.pehub.com/?p=3465400&lip...T85gzlg%3D%3D#

Key points:

- KSL and Henry Crown & Company (Asspen's owner) launched a joint venture that then went and acquired Intrawest and Mammoth. SVSH also transferred to JV (I'm guessing as equity swap)
    - A senior KSL executive is now interim CEO of the new JV while search for a permanent head gets underway
    - COO of Aspen Ski Co. is now COO of new JV
    - Wirth keeps his job
    - Naming and branding of new company still in progress, but expected before start of ski season
    - Passes stay the same for this season (no mega Mammoth/Squaw/Intrawest pass just yet)
    - A subsidiary of Henry Crown's trust becomes minority holder in new venture. Aspen Ski Co. assets remain untouched.
    - Rusty Gregory (Mammoth CEO) is an investor in new JV, and has seat on the board

Sorry folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    Anti-trust concerns be damned, the KSL/Intrawest/Mammoth deal just officially closed.

https://www.pehub.com/?p=3465400&lip...T85gzlg%3D%3D#

Key points:

- KSL and Henry Crown & Company (Asspen's owner) launched a joint venture that then went and acquired Intrawest and Mammoth. SVSH also transferred to JV (I'm guessing as equity swap)
    - A senior KSL executive is now interim CEO of the new JV while search for a permanent head gets underway
    - COO of Aspen Ski Co. is now COO of new JV
    - Wirth keeps his job
    - Naming and branding of new company still in progress, but expected before start of ski season
    - Passes stay the same for this season (no mega Mammoth/Squaw/Intrawest pass just yet)
    - A subsidiary of Henry Crown's trust becomes minority holder in new venture. Aspen Ski Co. assets remain untouched.
    - Rusty Gregory (Mammoth CEO) is an investor in new JV, and has seat on the board

Sorry folks.
    The one good thing I see is the COO of ASC is now COO of new JV. My hope through this whole dealeo is that ASC becomes the operating brains behind this venture and not KSL. Let KSL be the money partner, but I'm seriously hoping they are not the operators...

Rusty is sitting mighty pretty up there in the top floor of Main.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    The one good thing I see is the COO of ASC is now COO of new JV. My hope through this whole dealeo is that ASC becomes the operating brains behind this venture and not KSL. Let KSL be the money partner, but I'm seriously hoping they are not the operators...

Rusty is sitting mighty pretty up there in the top floor of Main.
    Hmm, the Crown's are minority investor in this new venture. That is buried all the way at the bottom.

For the Intrawest acquisition, KSL and Crown each put up $351 million cash and the rest was financed by a $1.2 billion loan. Mammoth and SVSH are private deals, but maybe the equity KSL received from transferring SVSH is why Crown is a minority holder?

Also interesting to note that Aspen/Crown made an initial bid solo (w/out KSL) but were eliminated from bidding b/c they were only interested in Steamboat, Winterpark, and the heli company. Partnership w/ KSL reopened their seat at the table.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...fm14c.htm#tTPT

Also, in case anyone cares, the new company is called "Hawk Holding Company, LLC"

Dave Perry's a good guy and a very capable. I bet he does a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Dave Perry's a good guy and a very capable. I bet he does a good job.
    Fingers crossed... I am looking forward to the Uber pass or whatever they are going to call the Squaw/Alpine/Mammoth/etc. pass. I hope its also good at Aspen. For a CA family with ski racers this will be a welcome benefit.

I'd say this

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    captures the spirit of Squaw Valley a lot better than this:

Quote Originally Posted by clausen View Post

Would be great if KSL took a page out of snowbird's book and marketed squaw for what it really is instead of pretending it's some sort of corduroy intermediate paradise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowbird one star.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	212465

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comme...ew_from_a_guy/

+1

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    Would be great if KSL took a page out of snowbird's book and marketed squaw for what it really is instead of pretending it's some sort of corduroy intermediate paradise.
    You mean marketing this?

Name:	1d94be53ee141822c10d0eee47d230de.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	212491
    Or this?

Name:	pub_note_squaw_ktline_web_2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	744.6 KB 
ID:	212492
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    You mean marketing this?

Name:	pub_note_squaw_ktline_web_2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	744.6 KB 
ID:	212492
    Actually yes

Squaw shake up?

News about the gondola in the Sacramento Bee--mostly old news but this part is interesting:

"Wirth added that Granite Chief and the Five Lakes Trail is already overused by hikers in the summer. He said he’s pushed for steps to lessen the impact since 2011.

“We are loving that precious wilderness area to death,” said Wirth, who noted that his father worked for the Forest Service."

So Andy figures the way to mitigate the environmental impact of the gondola on the Granite Chief Wilderness is to keep people out in the summer. Way to go, Andy.
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...A7D3&mode=text

Dude gets even more Trump-like with every passing month.

And when the hyperloop along the crest connecting to Mammoth opens, we can keep people out of those areas, too. Hey, if we keep people out, no one will see out fugly contraptions and complain about them. Briliant!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Dude gets even more Trump-like with every passing month.
    The way Andy attacked Moonshine Ink for reporting OSHA fining SV for patrol safety violations reminds me of a certain press secretary for the president of an unspecified country attacking a reporter for questioning of a general. (Don't want this to wind up in pollyass do we.) It boggles my mind that the supposedly smart businessmen who run KSL, who need decent relations with the NT-Truckee community, choose to keep such an obvious douche as the public face of SV. More like the public ass. Andy's increasingly desperate defensiveness and over-the-top PR attempts make me think that maybe his job is on the line.
    Last edited by old goat; 10-25-2017 at 06:12 PM.

This made me throw up. I wonder if JT is Andy's bottom bitch or just part of the stable.

I don't have an issue with this.

I had an issue with Squaw buying Alpine. - That train left the station long ago.

that said a real train or Tram between Sugar bowl - Norden - Squaw - Alpine -- that would mean something.

Or!
    regular commuter train service between - Reno - Verdi - Truckee - Norden - 4 time a day ? That would be awesome.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The way Andy attacked Moonshine Ink for reporting OSHA fining SV for patrol safety violations reminds me of a certain press secretary for the president of an unspecified country attacking a reporter for questioning of a general. (Don't want this to wind up in pollyass do we.) It boggles my mind that the supposedly smart businessmen who run KSL, who need decent relations with the NT-Truckee community, choose to keep such an obvious douche as the public face of SV. More like the public ass. Andy's increasingly desperate defensiveness and over-the-top PR attempts make me think that maybe his job is on the line.
    Andy is doing exactly what KSL wants him to. They don't care about, or need, positive relations with the community. He just needs to influence the handful of people in power down the hill who make the decisions, regardless of the communities wishes, and that is obviously working. I know Andy, not really well, but I've had numerous conversations with him, none of it concerning business. If you don't read the local news of have a stake in what his company is doing, he comes off as pretty likable - I'm sure the average bay area passholder who hasn't been around Squaw for long that sees that video with JT will fall for that shit.
    It seems there are a handful of Squaw skiers backing the gondola, but I haven't met a single longtime Alpine skier in favor. I'm in the Alpine camp.

Actually, Andy had screwed up badly by not trying to get the local influencers to agree with his plans.

Look at the law suits and the incorporate squaw.

This heavy handed approach has cost then a number of years.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We just read this today and are even more surprised he attacked Moonshine Ink as Fake News.

"Wirth is a member of Capital Public Radio's Board of Directors."

From this article Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows Hoping To Build Gondola Connecting Two Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I don't have an issue with this.

I had an issue with Squaw buying Alpine. - That train left the station long ago.

that said a real train or Tram between Sugar bowl - Norden - Squaw - Alpine -- that would mean something.

Or!
    regular commuter train service between - Reno - Verdi - Truckee - Norden - 4 time a day ? That would be awesome.
    Yeah. But they are not doing that. It is not in the interest of the capitalist and corps. They will build a pointless bucket lift so tourans can say they skied all of both mountains in a day. No way KSL will ever put in a rail line to mitigate traffic, unless the government requires it before they build any more shit. But that won't happen cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yeah. But they are not doing that. It is not in the interest of the capitalist and corps. They will build a pointless bucket lift so tourans can say they skied all of both mountains in a day. No way KSL will ever put in a rail line to mitigate traffic, unless the government requires it before they build any more shit. But that won't happen cause...
    Squaw is actually supposed to be paying for mass transit improvements as part of the development deal--but the amount is lacking quite a few zeros. Less than they spent fighting incorporation if I recall correctly.

I think they agreed to pay a little under a half million, which obviously doesn't cover much. That was the money to get the CA AG off their back. And their stance is that if the lawsuit against them is successful and they have to present their plan to the county again, that money goes away. Not sure what improvements they can actually do that would make a difference, besides drilling a tunnel to Auburn. I would be in favor of that.