Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    Any lawyers out there want to speculate on Anti-trust laws? It seems like the new entity is going to own 6 California ski resorts.
    Denver Post just published this piece

Consolidation, emerging duopoly in ski resort industry might raise antritrust concerns

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    They're good for at least the next three years.

sherwood open till the 14th... it was REAL GOOD yesterday!

The latest claims from KSL bug me a bit.... "“This season is the longest KT-22 has been open in our history, so we are celebrating on May 20th by spinning the Mothership [KT-22] until 7pm. See you there.” -Squaw Valley, today" It's all over the national news, longest KT season in history.

Maybe i'm missing something, but KT opened Jan 6th, 2017 and is closing May 20th, 2017.

In 2011, KT opened November 26th 2010, and closed May 30th 2011.

How does that make this season the “longest open in history”?

I know they said "Our History", but KSL owned squaw during that 2010-2011 season.

Maybe they are referring to the new entity w aspen . Ya, I hadn't noticed that before, but it bugs me too.

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    The latest claims from KSL bug me a bit.... "“This season is the longest KT-22 has been open in our history, so we are celebrating on May 20th by spinning the Mothership [KT-22] until 7pm. See you there.” -Squaw Valley, today" It's all over the national news, longest KT season in history.

Maybe i'm missing something, but KT opened Jan 6th, 2017 and is closing May 20th, 2017.

I know they said "Our History", but KSL owned squaw during that 2010-2011 season.
    Maybe 'we' means the dipshit they just hired 4 months ago to write their press releases.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yeah, I was wondering WTF they were talking about with that.

Alpine closed for the season today with a shit ton of snow. Fucking lame.

This is all pretty funny

^thats even more annoying than the revisionist lift history Really miss the days of corn when alpine would be the last resort standing

It's almost like two separate entities would compete against each other whereas if both are owned by the same company they don't care.

<Keanu>

Woah!

</Keanu>
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

A few weekends ago the SVAM marketing guy was on the radio with JD Hoss on KTKE 101.5.
    JD was asking the name of the run from palisades down to sun bowl, dude said I don't think
    it has a name I call it upper sun bowl. Perhaps hire someone with mountain knowledge.
    I'm pretty sure it has been called the kitchen wall for some years now. New history what?
    What happened to the SVAM gondola cabin they have been showing off in the village?

I think ksl has the same press team as Trump. Lots of alternate facts. How many times are we going to hear about the record breaking snowfall? That only happened at Mt. Rose, Squaw isn't even close to their snowfall record. Though just the other day I did notice that the snowfall tracker on the website only goes back as far as ksl does.
    And fuck Alpine being closed. Today was fun at Squaw, I'm sure Alpine would have been even better on the hikes. I understand the bottom line, but I would much rather have Alpine open with wall to wall coverage than Shirley in the summer when the snow will be crap.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post

Is KT closing on the 20th? A Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    sherwood open till the 14th..!
    Ha! But Sherwood broke down in the morning.
    And that was that...
    Many peeps hiking out.

Patrol stretched a bit.
    Short handed anyway, then lift fail, plus breaking everything down for the close.
    Hey, it snowed a bit too!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I think ksl has the same press team as Trump. Lots of alternate facts. How many times are we going to hear about the record breaking snowfall? That only happened at Mt. Rose, Squaw isn't even close to their snowfall record. Though just the other day I did notice that the snowfall tracker on the website only goes back as far as ksl does..
    Actually, KSL already owned the joint in 2010/11 when there was the record setting 810 inches.

Check out that Funi lineup! Yeeeewwwww!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BWIXWFXF...y=scottgaffski

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Jeeezuz

That's all I got to say this season.
    July 3rd was much better line wise.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

True, the 3rd was more skiing, but the spectacle factor was So high on the 4th.

Ya but you could get an eyeful of spectacle just trolling the lines. Lol

7/3/2011. Much better coverage. Top to bottom and I think there was even a Cushing's Crossing that day

That line is ridiculous! WTF?! What's their excuse for not opening KT this time?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    That line is ridiculous! WTF?! What's their excuse for not opening KT this time?
    I'm guessing lack of snow... seems legit. The bottom was burned out a month ago.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.