Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    That would be admitting defeat. I'm thinking they put Wirth in that position to do exactly as he is doing, take the heat for a bunch of stuff they know everyone will be pissed about. I mean, how many people could lay the bullshit on so thick and keep a straight face?
    Sure, but now that they are through this part of things and have their BoS approval - putting aside the lawsuits that will be left up to the lawyers - it's time to bring in a fresh face and make Wirth the fall guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wow, what a fucking douchebag Andy Wirth is. I mean, we kind of already knew but it was nice of him to triple confirm it like that.
    Looks like we have fallen under the light of a communist moon. When you are no longer allowed to critize businesses that directly effect your life without the fear of having your pass pulled and then banned from the mountain, that is intimation of the highest order. I'm not a guy that believes in lawyers handling the littlest things, but I would be calling one in this case.

One thing I didn't agree with in his letter was calling Andy Wirth names, you can make your point without doing that, but Andy didn't have to read it also. Thicker skin is called for at this point from him, he is a special little snowflake it appears.

Has the letter from Jones to Andy he referenced been posted? It must be getting shared somewhere for him to know about it. Intriguing !

Vail did an equity swap and some cash for Whistler with KSL. Squaw is such a beast a stock swap is probably the only way they can get out of this deal. Squaw low priced pass doesn't really work without the scale of Vail resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Vail did an equity swap and some cash for Whistler with KSL. Squaw is such a beast a stock swap is probably the only way they can get out of this deal. Squaw low priced pass doesn't really work without the scale of Vail resorts.
    I seriously doubt Vail would be allowed to own Squawlpine, ala A-Basin in Summit County.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Odds that KSL's board replaces Wirth this summer: 50/50. The wheels have clearly come off the bus.
    Trade Name:  sean spicer.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  7.2 KB for Name:  andy wirth.jpeg
Views: 694
Size:  18.0 KB
    It would be an improvement
    Or maybe trade Andy forClick image for larger version. 

Name:	gorsuch.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	199669
    Guy is supposedly a hell of a skier. And Andy couldn't be any worse than Clarence Thomas, could he?

Truckeelocal--that is brilliant

So just for clarification, Erik Hurst got his pass "cancelled" and he was, by his own admission, "refunded" the price he paid for his pass.
    So his pass was not really "pulled" or "revoked", because he's not outta pocket.
    It can be argued (and certainly is being claimed so by KSL), that reports of passes being "pulled" are "inaccurate", because at least in Hurst's case, his pass was not "pulled" as if he'd been caught skiing the Tram Face.
    If any business can refuse service to whoever they like, isn't that all KSL has done here since they did refund him?
    Just asking.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Putting aside the horse shit semantics (you're probably right about their version of "inaccurate") they are still denying access to some USFS land, that's the theoretical distinction. Whether or not that holds any water I will leave to the maggot lawyers.

Assuming the refund was for the full price, and assuming he got some use out of the pass, ksl actually gave him free skiing. Win-win! How can anyone hate on those guys?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Assuming the refund was for the full price, and assuming he got some use out of the pass, ksl actually gave him free skiing. Win-win! How can anyone hate on those guys?
    I guess the lesson is wait til April to send your nasty letter to KSL and post shit all over the internet = free season pass.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Here's a photo at noon today. Cars parked on Squaw Valley Road almost to Victor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16722405_1232859386833581_8558579645814247782_o.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	199695
    Last edited by FriendsofSV; 02-11-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofSV View Post
    Here's a photo at noon today. Cars parked on Squaw Valley Road almost to Victor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16722405_1232859386833581_8558579645814247782_o.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	199695
    That doesn't look too bad.... LMAO. Were the cops out writing parking tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPilot View Post
    That doesn't look too bad.... LMAO. Were the cops out writing parking tickets?
    Not to our knowledge

Tickets would be a hilarious to ticket all those cars.

You'd think they'd dust off alpines old tractor tram to give this customers rides. I don't think walking over a mile to the resort would be considered reasonably close enough to access the service they are claiming to provide.

Chp was actually in the valley for the afternoon rush hour, wasn't doing much of anything besides observing the exodus. Surprisingly it was way less of a shitshow than most other weekends, maybe because there weren't orange cones scattered all over the road.

Oh, and that parking situation is gonna get someone injured or killed.

They wrote some tickets last year on a few weekends. Bay Area friend of mine mailed his ticket to Squaw with a note saying take care of this shit or I will see you in court and never heard anything after that. ;-)

They wrote some tickets last year on a few weekends. Bay Area friend of mine mailed his ticket to Squaw with a note saying take care of this shit or I will see you in court and never heard anything after that. ;-)
    They probably just crumpled his shit up and threw it away so next time he gets pulled over or pays for registration he'll foot the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    They probably just crumpled his shit up and threw it away so next time he gets pulled over or pays for registration he'll foot the bill.
    Nope. He checked- it vanished.

Boycott Squaw!!!

Nope. He checked- it vanished.
    I'm actually amazed by that but good for him, win one for the little guy

Official KSL Bitch AND Bitch about people bitching about KSL thread

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    I'm actually amazed by that but good for him, win one for the little guy
    Not a little guy at all- worth way more than anyone at SVSH and willing to go to war out of principle. KSL is likely to encounter a few more at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
    Boycott Squaw!!!
    Amen to that. Boycott passes, condo rentals and overpriced food and drinks. Then watch KSL try to get everyone back instead of telling them to ski elsewhere.

Is mammoth pimped the flts from the Bay Area and offered some pass/lodging deals I bet they'd get a lot of converts. Hell at this point, flying to Utah is starting to make sense time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Is mammoth pimped the flts from the Bay Area and offered some pass/lodging deals I bet they'd get a lot of converts. Hell at this point, flying to Utah is starting to make sense time wise.
    I started flying to Utah/Jackson/Banff 3 years ago before I moved to sun valley. Just a much more relaxing fun experience then the drive from the bay.