Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The coin-op laundry with interior windows to the bar next door, in Bend, needs to be replicated everywhere.
    Drunk ironing should be discouraged.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I knew people that would buy cheap 6 packs then hang out in laundrymats while washing clothes or just for the dry warm place for awhile (vanlife)

But back to original thread-
    doesn't seem like it should be a novel idea but how about being able to select and delete more than 1 dvr program at once?!
    or is this just because I live in the 50th worst state for internet connectivity
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The coin-op laundry with interior windows to the bar next door, in Bend, needs to be replicated everywhere.
    There was a bar/laundromat/live music joint called Sudsy Malone's in college. Fun place to do a load of laundry, grab a few pitchers and take in some live music on a weekday.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    There was a bar/laundromat/live music joint called Sudsy Malone's in college. Fun place to do a load of laundry, grab a few pitchers and take in some live music on a weekday.
    Did you go to UC by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    MYODS was an idea I had a long time ago. Make Your Own Damn Sandwich. You have really good meats and cheeses, plus lettuce, tomato, onions, whatever, you take it to a cashier to pay for the ingredients and then there's counters stocked with good condiments with work areas to put your sandwich together. Nobody ever makes your sandwich right, so MYODS. Minimal staff, minimal labor, just keep shit stocked and clean, and a cashier.
    I'll help you out, much like the advice to drop the "THE" from "the facebook" helped that company out: drop the D. MYOS. Rolls off the tongue much better PLUS you wont have to worry about alienating uptight people/Mothers with little kids/religious wingnuts/southerners with the cuss word. Increase your potential customer base.
    Youre welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Did you go to UC by chance?
    Haha!

XU

So a couple of days ago another poster reminded me of my one idea which is still pretty viable. Basically I wanted to start a non-profit dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of coastal environments across the country. Fight back against development and pollution, shit like that. We'd call it SOS (Save Our Shores) (that name is great, seriously) and we'd do some serious bigtime fundraising (which I happen to know a lot about), and we'd pay ourselves a lot of money and we'd invest in "Coastal Resources" (like houses and boats etc.) And maybe even do some good with the extra money.

It would totally work, I'm positive. A bit too cynical for me so I never did it, but hey go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I'll help you out, much like the advice to drop the "THE" from "the facebook" helped that company out: drop the D. MYOS. Rolls off the tongue much better PLUS you wont have to worry about alienating uptight people/Mothers with little kids/religious wingnuts/southerners with the cuss word. Increase your potential customer base.
    Youre welcome.
    Okay I'll accept that, the "D" was only to make it feel a little edgy, a little hip maybe. But the idea of a place where it's all set up with great meats and cheeses veggies and condiments etc., and you make your sandwich, that seems pretty valid? Or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Drunk ironing should be discouraged.
    I'm seeing a collaborative opportunity related to the voter participation thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Okay I'll accept that, the "D" was only to make it feel a little edgy, a little hip maybe. But the idea of a place where it's all set up with great meats and cheeses veggies and condiments etc., and you make your sandwich, that seems pretty valid? Or no?
    Would it be cheaper than a sandwich bought in a regular deli? Americans are lazy...they're not going to pay more to make their own damn sandwich.

It's like this place a friend tried to sell us on one time - a winery where you also grill your own steaks over a massive wood fire for dinner.

Who the fuck goes out to eat to cook their own damn food?

I'm told the wine is shit too so we politely, but emphatically, declined.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Who the fuck goes out to eat to cook their own damn food?
    Agreed, with the exception of a yakatori grill right in front of me and preassembled skewers.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Agreed, with the exception of a yakatori grill right in front of me and preassembled skewers.

Yakatori, mmmmmmm...is a rare exception but like you said; it had better be all laid out in front of you. This place laid your raw porterhouse on a plate and pointed you in the direction of a large fire with Cletus making sure no one fell in.

Real Korean BBQ rocks. Cooking that shit at your table is A+

^^^the Minturn Country Club is like that (cook your own, not Korean BBQ!). I guess people think it's fun? Not really sure why.

^^^the Minturn Country Club is like that (cook your own, not Korean BBQ!). I guess people think it's fun? Not really sure why.
    The Mint as well (same owners): http://mintsteakhouse.com/history.html

It's a gimmick to sell ridiculously overpriced steaks and keep labor costs down. But people have fun at it.

Ice, make me a sammich!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Would it be cheaper than a sandwich bought in a regular deli? Americans are lazy...they're not going to pay more to make their own damn sandwich.
    Yeah thats what I was gonna ask. Whats the price point you're thinking here Iceman??

Also, I'm wondering how you're gonna address hygene. like, you cant just have every Joe pukepail pawing through the cold cuts and bread and veggies and shit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    This reminds me of a GREAT idea I DIDN'T have. A TV show about nothing. Damn it, if only I'd thought of that!
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Rent-a-gerbil.

Is gerbilling still a thing?
    Feltching. A guy I know was a frat boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I've thought birth licenses worth consideration but incentivized birth control may be even more effective.
    A class and required passing a test in order to breed. Too many morons spawning and wasting resources.

Bring back the tags was a thought.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

A reality show where you find people who were on home makeover reality shows. Spend 30min looking at all the shitty work that's falling apart.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Bring back the tags was a thought.
    And thread.

ok,

taking off from a few ideas posted here:

1. double stuff twinkies - I mean who really buys the single stuff oreos anymore and who wouldn't like just a little more icing in the twinkie.
    2. for states where you cannot be on the phone an drive, a mandatory app from the dmv to ensure it.
    3. car companies allow for an app you can download where phone numbers assigned to that car cannot text while in that car.
    4. an app that locates you on the mountain in case youre meeting friends but miss the call or text because youre on the mountain.
    5. airport app that gives the approx. time to go thru security when you walk into the airport, since you never know until you get there.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

maybe I live in a bubble but when THE FUCK WAS THA LAST TIME ANYONE HERE ATE A TWINKIE? and you want to double that shit crap in your body with double stuff?!
    skid luxury