Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I say bring back the WPA. Keep the fs out of firefighting and employ thousands to do trail work.

I wrote Barry about it at the height of unemployment. Nothing was done, but he did write back.

And kidstarter, a crowd funding site made for kids to learn business, technology, and a way to bring their imaginations to fruition.

I've got more.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    Well god dam.

I'd eat there.

What makes Camel Tony's unique is the camel toe cleavage. Only candidates with hearty denim meat are hired.

A wall to keep out the Mexicans.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

More a goof than anything but a Pho place that also sells BBQ (like maybe Asian style) and call it.....Wait for it...

Pho Q. Yep say it out loud. You know the way pho is pronounced... Fu

Rent-A-Dog

For those that enjoy the company of dogs but not the responsibilities of pet ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Rent-A-Dog

For those that enjoy the company of dogs but not the responsibilities of pet ownership.
    Rent-a-gerbil.

Is gerbilling still a thing?

I think of something almost every day. Nothing gets done, ever.

Recent example: I notice a large amount of the truck traffic through my U.P. town is Canadians cutting through...many french; and I notice the lack of parking. I think: hey, what about a Canadian truck stop (Petro Canada or something) with bilingual signage and bilingual staff and poutine and NHL network in the lounge. It would be a frog trap, all the drivers would know.

It's really not about having the idea, it's about having money to make it happen.

donald trump dog biscuits and chew toys.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Electric USPS trucks.
    They have been here for several years.
    Silent Brown Deliveries.

dehydrated water

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    They have been here for several years.
    Silent Brown Deliveries.
    I thought the same thing- we have electric UPS trucks here. But he said USPS. I have yet to see an electric mail truck...

Not really my original idea, but a great idea nonetheless: $5,000 cash to anyone under a certain income threshold to get a vasectomy or tubal ligation. It's already free under the ACA, but we need to incentivize that shit.

One percent for the planet was my idea as a ten year old. Amex blew me off among others...assholes.

I have a patent on a better urinal that has a V back drop instead of the bowl shape so you can pee down either side and it catches pee instead of splashing it back on you. That's what I got from my history degree at University of Arizona and it just came from pissing and wearing sandals. It's amazing how much splash there is.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post

Not really my original idea, but a great idea nonetheless: $5,000 cash to anyone under a certain income threshold to get a vasectomy or tubal ligation. It's already free under the ACA, but we need to incentivize that shit.
    There won't be any good skiers left

I've thought birth licenses worth consideration but incentivized birth control may be even more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I think of something almost every day. Nothing gets done, ever.

Recent example: I notice a large amount of the truck traffic through my U.P. town is Canadians cutting through...many french; and I notice the lack of parking. I think: hey, what about a Canadian truck stop (Petro Canada or something) with bilingual signage and bilingual staff and poutine and NHL network in the lounge. It would be a frog trap, all the drivers would know.

It's really not about having the idea, it's about having money to make it happen.
    I live along one of the New England Interstate arteries into eastern Quebec. There is a shit tonne of Canadian trucks that go through my town and there are not one but two exits that have NO places for thee trucks to easily pull off to get fuel, food, and or rest for a bit. IMHO a "rest area" would be a gold mine. But like you said, you have to have money to do it. Additionally, the State of Vermont along with a vocal contingent of "we don't need or like new stuff built around here" complainers would make building such a venue even more difficult and expensive.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Artillery mail and package delivery.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    A pill that gives your ex-girlfriend worms
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I live along one of the New England Interstate arteries into eastern Quebec. There is a shit tonne of Canadian trucks that go through my town and there are not one but two exits that have NO places for thee trucks to easily pull off to get fuel, food, and or rest for a bit. IMHO a "rest area" would be a gold mine. But like you said, you have to have money to do it. Additionally, the State of Vermont along with a vocal contingent of "we don't need or like new stuff built around here" complainers would make building such a venue even more difficult and expensive.
    I realize why you guys would think a rest area or truck stop would be a gold mine by that observation, but it is not based on fact I'm afraid. If you really want me to explain, I can, but I'd rather not. That's all after absolutely everyone from your neighborhood would say, "Truck stops bring in traffic, crime, and trash" to the point where anyone that allowed it would be voted out of office. That alone keeps them from being built and it's going on in Whitehouse, TN at this very moment. If you want me to tell you why they aren't goldmines, I could, but for the most part I'll just say that truckers take up a lot of real estate, and generally are self sufficient. They absolutely need places to park and there's a shortage of that and it's always getting worse, but from a business perspective most truckers park in the lot, maybe fuel up, come in and use the shitter, dump their trash, cook in the truck and then leave.

You'd probably be better off with a produce stand and huge, flat, dirt lot. < Actually that's a pretty good idea.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    For the last 10 years I've been pushing my restaurant chain idea. Similar to a Hooters or Twin Peaks.

Camel Tony's.

Hot chicks in tight boy shorts serving dishes like The Pink Taco, The Fur Burger, Etc. tables set a little low for a nice view.

Yea. I'm a perv
    Similar idea. Someone should open a burger joint around the back of a strip joint and call it Rear Burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Similar idea. Someone should open a burger joint around the back of a strip joint and call it Rear Burger.
    What about hiring waitstaff that are socially dysfunctional savants and calling it Asburgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What about hiring waitstaff that are socially dysfunctional savants and calling it Asburgers?
    Yea, if your cool with grape jelly on everything because "that's just how It has to be"

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Had an idea for a sixth grade science project for an unlimited hot water heater. Now they are everywhere using the basic premise that I drew up.
    Similar theme: I was in high school in 1999 at the peak of Napster. I distinctly remember telling a friend that people would pay for songs if they could buy them a la carte for $0.50-$1.00. A couple years later the iTunes Store shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Cheaper and easier: All girls get an IUD at, say, 14. They're already free under the ACA (for now), so just make it a requirement to enroll in public high schools like we do for vaccinations. Pick up the scraps by having no-cost no-age restriction Plan B available anywhere you can buy gum.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I've got a Michael Vick one laying around somewhere

my latest great idea is that oil change places and nail salons should team up in the same locations
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    they have donald trump dog poo bags at my local pet shop
    skid luxury