Maintaining muscles while in a boot

So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for maintaining my legs while I limp around in a boot for a week or two.

I took a fall the other day and just sort of rolled in to a tree, and hit my lower leg in to a tree. Thankfully the boot hit, and I didn't break my fibula... though when I told the doctor my story they pretty much told me to expect the worst.

But turned out I just had a really bad contusion, who knew they put you in a boot for a bad bruise.

So now I'm stuck with my dominant leg in a immobilization boot for a week or two, and I don't want to lose my leg muscles before I get back at it. Couldn't find any suggestions for what to do, so figured I'd make a thread.

Use an electro stimulation machine. I use a compex. Builds a lot of muscle, do your quads and butt, and measure then before. You will gain at least one inch in a few weeks.

Might be worth seeing if anyone in your area does this and thinks your a candidate for it: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...cover-injuries

Thanks for the tips, I'm lucky as hell and it looks like I'll only have two more days in the boot (fingers crossed), so I shouldn't be in bad shape for recovery goes. I'll definitely be looking in to going hard if the doc tells me to keep off it for longer though.