Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stio

Wonder if they would honor the Cloudveil credit of $400 for a pair of ski pants I bought retail in Frisco, CO several years ago (before they bailed on consumers)...and ripped, obvious flaw in design. Was at end of season, so i procrastinated taking them back to store. Finally dropped them off, retail location said they were having issues with getting replacements. Then they stopped carrying brand, so i had to work with CV directly. They said they were revamping and would be out again the next fall, and they would keep the credit on file. Well, it probably in a database on a hard drive that was sold on ebay or something.

How many lessons here? Actually, i think i just really liked the material they were made out of.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    PSA: Stio Holiday sale started, 30% off some things.
    I've been eyeing the environ bib, now 25% off.

Anybody got a code they need to get rid of?
    Just picked up some Environ pants...330.00 on sale....Wish they were a little less, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Just picked up some Environ pants...330.00 on sale....Wish they were a little less, but oh well.
    same (bibs). sigh.

I'm a walking validation of their shameless seasonal targeting.
    I should feel worse, but hey there's no guilt for the guiltless.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    If anyone with a Stio code is feeling super generous in the holiday season please PM me. thx

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    How many lessons here?
    Really just one: procrastination.

Not berating - I'm a fellow sufferer

20% off first time orders.
    I'm eyeing environ xt jacket now. Need sizing help.
    I'm always right between M/L .. I have a L arcteryx shell and it's nice but a little soupy. 6'2 185# as I live and breathe.
    No retailers near me, I'll have to roll dice.

'Nathan' on the website is 6' and wears a medium in the video, but under 'fit' it says he wears large. unhelpful.

Any advice?
    north bound horse.

Stio

I have the environ and am similar -between and med and large. since I’m local I got to try them on and went large.
    of course this was for the women’s environ jkt not the mens but I think the fit of stio on the mens and womens sizing is similar to arcteryx if that helps. the environ jkt material is pretty stiff too(vs the raymer jkt which I also tried out) so the slightly larger jkt holds its form better(vs a “soupy” fit which i think i understand what you are getting at)
    skid luxury

Thx thats helpful.
    Last year I got environ bib in L, and it fits me smaller and way better than arcteryx L bib. Maybe it's a different cut.
    Stio size finder tool says i'll be a L, so if I roll dices thats what I'll roll.
    That arcteryx jacket is fine, it's just not the unicorn jacket my inner princess is pining for.
    north bound horse.

I'm 5'6" and a solid smedium. Got a MD Raymer last year and it's a little soupy but I don't think I'd go down to a SM, plenty of room for insulation and it doesn't look too big.

Yes the fit model is always 5'10" or better and wearing a Medium, don't get me going on trying to find pants that fit

I am also a M/L tweener (M body and L sleeve) and went with the M in the Hometown. I'd say as a comp to Patagonia, the Stio M has shorter arms (than Pata). But, the body is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    20% off first time orders.
    I'm eyeing environ xt jacket now. Need sizing help.
    I'm always right between M/L .. I have a L arcteryx shell and it's nice but a little soupy. 6'2 185# as I live and breathe.
    No retailers near me, I'll have to roll dice.

'Nathan' on the website is 6' and wears a medium in the video, but under 'fit' it says he wears large. unhelpful.

Any advice?

I’m 6’1 200lbs...I wear a Stio Environ L.....

I wear FRS L, Patty L and Arcteryx L.....if that helps with sizing from multiple companies.....

Would sell if anyone interested....like new ....Green/L...

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I’m 6’1 200lbs...I wear a Stio Environ L.....

I wear FRS L, Patty L and Arcteryx L.....if that helps with sizing from multiple companies.....

Would sell if anyone interested....like new ....Green/L...
    Selling the stio?
    Tell me more about that.
    north bound horse.

PSA stio's 30% off holiday sale is live.
    Better than a poke in the eye.

unless someone has some better secret squirrel code ..
    I may, once again, fall victim to the shameless marketing. It's becoming an annual thing.
    north bound horse.

I'm 6', 195#, and prefer a looser fit, so I go with XL in their coats, and LG with their bibs. Both fit great. For reference, I also wear the same shell size in Flylow, which seems to fit a little bigger, and also XL in Helly-Hansen, which fits just a little bit smaller/more fitted. Stio shells do have a somewhat boxy fit.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Stio Objective Pro jacket arrived today. The L is way too big, I have to return it. Strange, I have two thin layers and a mid layer fleece from Stio and the L fit pretty decent, but this jacket is yuuuudge.
    Shoulders seem to fit and sleeve length is good, but very soupy around the midsection and the cut hangs too low for me. Pack hip belt and harness really illustrate the extra material.
    I'm afraid the shoulders on a M would be too small, and I don't have a store around to go check sizing.

Too bad, I was hoping this would be the unicorn jacket I have been looking for.
    north bound horse.

It’s a disease affecting many outdoor clothing brands....the Lg or XL fits athletic shoulders/chest/long arms, but then they target the waist size at the Seth Rogens of the world.

Less so in the European brands.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Re-sized for typically fat gringos.

Thank the brands for effective research on who buys their product (xxxxl leisure sizing for the cash spending masses).

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It’s a disease affecting many outdoor clothing brands....the Lg or XL fits athletic shoulders/chest/long arms, but then they target the waist size at the Seth Rogens of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Less so in the European brands.

I already dropped it in fedex back to them, kinda wish I would have taken a couple pics first, it was so huge and comically square.
    I thought their hot stuff backcountry bro brah jacket would have an athletic cut. I expect that cut from the ol' dallas cowboys starter coat, but not this.
    Oh well, no big deal - they have an easy return policy. I'll spend my TGR gear swap $ on something else
    north bound horse.

Bought a thermop fleece shirt in large that fits nicely. I'm 6' 1" 175lbs, long arms, 42" chest.

Very warm, like a slightly thicker R1 Patagonia that breaths just as well as an R1. Like it so much I bought second shirt in a different color.

I have the environ bibs. Really digging the half bib. Much more versatile while keeping the benefits of a full bib. I'm a medium, 6', 160, fit is spot on. For those looking around, I also have a Strafe jacket. I like the eVent, but build quality of Stio is much better than the Strafe.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by PJG View Post
    I have the environ bibs. Really digging the half bib. Much more versatile while keeping the benefits of a full bib. I'm a medium, 6', 160, fit is spot on. For those looking around, I also have a Strafe jacket. I like the eVent, but build quality of Stio is much better than the Strafe.
    thanks. what size waist are you? I'm a 30" with thickish thighs (cyclist), 32 inseam. I run a size small in my current pata pants (not sure of model)/

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    thanks. what size waist are you? I'm a 30" with thickish thighs (cyclist), 32 inseam. I run a size small in my current pata pants (not sure of model)/
    +1 I’m a 30x30 and wondering on the fit fro Stio.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    I'm 30x32, skinny thighs. They not euro cut, plenty of room in the legs. Waist is just right. Mine are a few years old now, not sure if the cut or sizing has changed. I'm can wear small in some pants if I want a slimmer fit, including patagonia, but length is usually an issue. For my purposes with the environs (lots of inbounds, some touring) I wouldn't go smaller or slimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatham View Post
    +1 I’m a 30x30 and wondering on the fit fro Stio./
    So funny, what up Z! This is Pete, from our mutual Reno past. I'm a medium in their pants.