Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have a Sportworks hitch rack, it's pretty killer, and I've heard that the new models are even better (as far as not rocking up and down as much). Their roof systems are great too if you're going for a wheel-on system. My $.02.

Because the search function is sorta funny here... I'm going to bump this OG thread.

OK, so, current rack sucks. needs replacing. Most trips are here in the valley, rack lives on vehicle most of the summer. I have need for up to 5 or 6 bikes at times if we take a friend or 2 camping or something. I'd like to keep it under a grand, but it seems most of the options are just over. I don't want the thing to weigh a ton. I was leaning toward a lolo rack for some reason. Thought hanging bikes by the bars would be easy. I'd like to be able to tilt the rack away and open the back door of the Highlander (upswing SUV door). I could be talked into another standup rack too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I checked out the lolo site. They look good, but are more expensive both in product and shipping than NS racks in Vancouver. Either seem a good option. But the swingout is another couple hundred as an add-on; Sethschmautz did a post on that a while back.

They are more expensive than you're looking for but check out recon racks. That will be my next bike rack when the current one needs to be replaced in the next year or two.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"