Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    Wait even with the WTR or AW pivots? I thought those were ok. I know there were some issues with some other WTR bindings but I thought pivots were ok.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You can see the gap here and that the binding is rotated - it will rotate towards the camera too. I have a video that I can't upload.
    So therefore I also have some unused but previously mounted Pivot 14's for sale..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C5011F4-4DBA-4424-8318-A508A07F2701.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	952.6 KB 
ID:	256804  

Quote Originally Posted by SmartArse88 View Post
    You can see the gap here and that the binding is rotated - it will rotate towards the camera too. I have a video that I can't upload.
    So therefore I also have some unused but previously mounted Pivot 14's for sale..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXpAa0_CrB0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfC1FwTpPV8

I've been holding a pair of fks wtr so when I saw this I was curious. My 2x4 mount feels solid and I don't feel any of the side to side play you showed, and my bindings are way more tired than yours. Could your forward pressure be messed up? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1543014415066.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	256869

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Modding boot to work with Marker Sole ID bindings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2632.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	948.8 KB 
ID:	256877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2637.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	779.1 KB 
ID:	256879

Name:	IMG_2639.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	256895
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD aka Hawk Extended aka HawX

Anyone else with experience here re the potential pivot WTR issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    I've been holding a pair of fks wtr so when I saw this I was curious. My 2x4 mount feels solid and I don't feel any of the side to side play you showed, and my bindings are way more tired than yours. Could your forward pressure be messed up? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1543014415066.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	256869

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    It seems to be set fine. We have two other sets of boots here within a couple of mm sole length (alpine soles) and they fit solidly - as you would expect.
    I am travelling at the moment so cannot make any measurements for you to use for furthre analysis....

I've got myself a pair of 26.5 for a sub 1cm heel fit. I've got wicked low volume heels and ankles, but need more width than the 98mm forefoot provides. Anyone feel that oven baking the whole boot loosens the back of the boot? I'd like to not increase the volume back there. One bootfitter here suggested padding my forefoot and heat-gunning the front of the boot. I wonder if that would be too uneven of a fit? Seems like it could be hard to get that right.

Maybe oven heating the whole boot, then barely buckling the top buckles might help.

Thoughts from those with experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Preserved View Post
    I've got myself a pair of 26.5 for a sub 1cm heel fit. I've got wicked low volume heels and ankles, but need more width than the 98mm forefoot provides. Anyone feel that oven baking the whole boot loosens the back of the boot? I'd like to not increase the volume back there. One bootfitter here suggested padding my forefoot and heat-gunning the front of the boot. I wonder if that would be too uneven of a fit? Seems like it could be hard to get that right.

Maybe oven heating the whole boot, then barely buckling the top buckles might help.

Memory Fit only gets bigger where there is pressure - if your ankle and heel are thin, it won't really move. Pad your forefoot where width is an issue and cook the entire shell as intended. Buckle normally. Some thin Grilamid shells (like those on the Scarpa Maestrale/F1) can be heated locally and widened with your foot in the boot or even gloved fingers, but the Grilamid used in the XTD 130 is stouter - could work, though, depending on how much extra room you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Preserved View Post

If you want tight ankles and you are currently getting tight ankles, the heat mold will loosen it. I find the pressure from a solid fitting ankle pocket is more than enough to stretch out the plastic and ruin that tight fit. I have ruined a pair of salomon cutsom shells heat molding them. They just felt bagged out afterwards. Next time, I'm just spot heating.

I just got a pair of 24.5 XTD 130s from a friend. Used less than 10 times as they were too stiff for her. I think I want a pair of 25.5 though as these are pretty fucking tight. Just testing the waters to see if anyone wants to do a swap. Will add in p18s to sweeten the deal.

Anyone else report on the sole issue and shift bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by youenjoymyATskis View Post
    Anyone else report on the sole issue and shift bindings?
    You mean the one Spyderjon addressed in shift thread(post#1247)

Yes, other than the one Spyderjon addressed in shift thread(post#1247). The shop mounted mine late last week. I have not been able to pick them up yet. I let them know I had stumbled upon the issue Spyderjon addressed in the shift thread (post#1247). When they called to let me know they were finished (voicemail) there was no mention they had to execute the quick fix.

The shop guy said he would call to ask for my permission to take a blade to the lugs on the soles if they had to do it. They never called. Has me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by youenjoymyATskis View Post
    Yes, other than the one Spyderjon addressed in shift thread(post#1247). The shop mounted mine late last week. I have not been able to pick them up yet. I let them know I had stumbled upon the issue Spyderjon addressed in the shift thread (post#1247). When they called to let me know they were finished (voicemail) there was no mention they had to execute the quick fix.

The shop guy said he would call to ask for my permission to take a blade to the lugs on the soles if they had to do it. They never called. Has me wondering.
    Shop guy went ahead and cleaned up the lugs. Looks good! Will report back this weekend.

Cheers

Picked up a pair today to replace my old as shit alpine boots. Hoping they ski as good as floppy worn out boots.

Name:	IMG_2325.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1,019.4 KB 
ID:	262821

I have Hawx XTD 120's and have put approximately 30 days on them - both resort and back-country. I like these boots a lot. Unfortunately, the pivots have started to develop a noticeable amount of play and I was wondering where from I can source replacements online.

Are you sure they are not just loose? That doesn’t seam right that your’re having problems already. I’ve sold a lot of XTD’s and Backland boots and haven’t seen slop that early... I guess anything is possible. Skimo.co sells pivots for the backland boot, pretty sure they are the same or at least parts of it are, probably worth a call to confirm.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I double checked them - definitely not loose. I even unscrewed one of them in order to check it and the there is minor wear. The play is roughly 1mm but it makes the book creak.

XTD and Backland share the same pivot - the PN is identical for both, but before ordering from Skimo I'll try to source them in EU.

Long shot, but anyone looking to sell a pair of the 110s in a 23.5? My wife is looking for a pair.

I have Hawx XTD 130 + Intuition Tour Wrap liner. I want to make them slightly softer by throwing a booster strap. Chart indicates that I need to use expert model (I'm 130 lbs advanced to expert skier). But I'm curious if intermediate model would be better for my needs - make boots slightly softer. Could anyone comment on this?

My previous experience was with expert booster + mtn lab. that combination felt okay in terms of stiffness. But with stock strap mtn lab felt softer than hawx + intuition tour wrap.

Don’t booster straps make boots stiffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    I have Hawx XTD 130 + Intuition Tour Wrap liner. I want to make them slightly softer by throwing a booster strap. Chart indicates that I need to use expert model (I'm 130 lbs advanced to expert skier). But I'm curious if intermediate model would be better for my needs - make boots slightly softer. Could anyone comment on this?

My previous experience was with expert booster + mtn lab. that combination felt okay in terms of stiffness. But with stock strap mtn lab felt softer than hawx + intuition tour wrap.
    The expert booster has a piece of non-flexing strap in the middle of the 2 bands, and is stiff AF. Using this would make the boot feel stiffer than the stock strap imo. The intermediate one has the 2 bands of webbing and would be a better choice at your weight for a less stiff feel and a more progressive flex.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The expert booster has a piece of non-flexing strap in the middle of the 2 bands, and is stiff AF. Using this would make the boot feel stiffer than the stock strap imo. The intermediate one has the 2 bands of webbing and would be a better choice at your weight for a less stiff feel and a more progressive flex.
    Huh, I thought the WC had the inelastic strap? Pretty sure my expert ones have all 3 straps elastic.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Huh, I thought the WC had the inelastic strap? Pretty sure my expert ones have all 3 straps elastic.
    Nah you are right, I am thinking of the WC ones.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Is there an el-cheapo/safe way to reverse shell memory fit mold via home oven? Picked up some used xtd 130s that have been heated and molded, I want to bring the volume back down to the original state.