Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Personally, I’d try one size smaller boot. Your boots are too big. Depending on the volume of your ankle, I’d go for a high volume liner in there. Intuitions will compress a lot during molding and will pack out quite a bit over time. Also, intuition foam gets very soft while skiing because of the heat generated.

Technically he last of your 25 is 96mm at that size. But don’t stress about those numbers. The important thing is your foot is very skinny. Just because you had to adjust for your pinky toe, doesn’t mean the shell is tight fitting. It just happens to running in that wrong spot. Also worth noting, everything about a 25 and 25.5 is the same. Shell and liner.
    Well, Intuition themselves states that MV is up to 3.18cm. Also, I can't afford to buy new boots, I bought these to have them for many years, they are $700 new here.

My options are to not ski or to buy a liner. My boots are too banged up to get any money for them if I try to sell them.

I also would have to drive 150km to get my bindings moved (no one sells Shift where I livre), and move another pair of bindings to accommodate shorter boots (Alpinists). Just going down a size now would cost me $1000 before I'm done, and I would still need new liners, as the stock Atomic ones are freezing cold. Add blocking out my new boots as well.

So no, new boots is not an option unless someone pays for my boots. I know I can't :/

Sorry, I lied. 900 just for the boots, as no one carries that small a size in Norway, and if they do it'll never be any left for the sales, as they'd take in one pair max. So no, new boots are out of the question till I'm done studying in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JakkeJ View Post
    Sorry, I lied. 900 just for the boots, as no one carries that small a size in Norway, and if they do it'll never be any left for the sales, as they'd take in one pair max. So no, new boots are out of the question till I'm done studying in 3 years.
    Im sort of in between sizes. One foot would just fit in a 24.5 and the other would be too big for a 24.5. I buy 25.5. My xtd seems as long as my lupo and its definitely shorter than my vulcan. Lupo has a touch more volume than the xtd. I put a power wrap plus in my lupo this year and after a few days of making my buckles looser and looser its a great fit. Comfy and warm. Its taken up the space where neeeded and the power wrap has added some stiffness for sure. I had been using my wrap liner from my full tilts in my lupo and after 3 years they were getting tired. In my 25.5 xtd's i have a 26 tour wrap in it. Takes up a lot of the needed volume. Again, really comfy. No way id fit the power wrap plus in the xtd

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Personally, I’d try one size smaller boot. Your boots are too big. Depending on the volume of your ankle, I’d go for a high volume liner in there. Intuitions will compress a lot during molding and will pack out quite a bit over time. Also, intuition foam gets very soft while skiing because of the heat generated.

Technically he last of your 25 is 96mm at that size. But don’t stress about those numbers. The important thing is your foot is very skinny. Just because you had to adjust for your pinky toe, doesn’t mean the shell is tight fitting. It just happens to running in that wrong spot. Also worth noting, everything about a 25 and 25.5 is the same. Shell and liner.
    Sorry for the spam. This is where my big toe is when I'm all the way back in the liner:
    https://i.imgur.com/0xmzApb.jpg
    I can't have it 1cm shorter, then I would have to block out for my toe.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Im sort of in between sizes. One foot would just fit in a 24.5 and the other would be too big for a 24.5. I buy 25.5. My xtd seems as long as my lupo and its definitely shorter than my vulcan. Lupo has a touch more volume than the xtd. I put a power wrap plus in my lupo this year and after a few days of making my buckles looser and looser its a great fit. Comfy and warm. Its taken up the space where neeeded and the power wrap has added some stiffness for sure. I had been using my wrap liner from my full tilts in my lupo and after 3 years they were getting tired. In my 25.5 xtd's i have a 26 tour wrap in it. Takes up a lot of the needed volume. Again, really comfy. No way id fit the power wrap plus in the xtd

Tour wraps are MV as I understand, so for me it sounds like MV is the way to go. Intuitions table says the same, but no boot is the same so I could get too little space in these and too much in shells from say Scarpa, with the same liner. I have asked Intuition but it's getting late for ordering liners for Easter.

Sorry for the spam. This is where my big toe is when I'm all the way back in the liner:
    https://i.imgur.com/0xmzApb.jpg
    I can't have it 1cm shorter, then I would have to block out for my toe.
    I can't load the image, but it's generally easier to start with a boot that's too tight and make it bigger than the other way around. I've got this year's (2020/21) 26.5 Hawx Prime XTDs, which were decidedly not big enough in the toe box until after heat molding the shells and liners; with things baked, they're just about big enough, although in hindsight I wish I had used toe caps to get just a little more space (my toes do run into the front of the boot in some circumstances, particularly when they're unbuckled for standing around or touring). FWIW, I also picked up a pair of race boots (Redster TI) but in proper race sizing, and I couldn't even get the right one on out of the box. After heat-molding and grinding (a fair bit on the left one and a whole lot on the right), I can now keep them on for several hours at 20 deg F or higher (I don't think I'd be able to take three hours at 15 deg F, though).

With that said, if you can't afford to replace the boots (and can't find a pair of used boots in the right size), I'd agree with the suggestions about going with a high-volume liner, possibly with some shims on the boot board as well. I'd think that if you can get a good lace-up liner, it might also help a little because even if your foot and the liner move inside the shell, they'll move together rather than your foot moving while the liner stays put, thus creating blisters. Then again, I'm not a bootfitter, so YMMV.

Re: moving the Shifts: they should have at least a full shell size worth of adjustment, and the instructions for adjusting them are in the Shift thread. Adjusting forward pressure isn't particularly hard, although the AFD on those bindings is finicky.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I can't load the image, but it's generally easier to start with a boot that's too tight and make it bigger than the other way around. I've got this year's (2020/21) 26.5 Hawx Prime XTDs, which were decidedly not big enough in the toe box until after heat molding the shells and liners; with things baked, they're just about big enough, although in hindsight I wish I had used toe caps to get just a little more space (my toes do run into the front of the boot in some circumstances, particularly when they're unbuckled for standing around or touring). FWIW, I also picked up a pair of race boots (Redster TI) but in proper race sizing, and I couldn't even get the right one on out of the box. After heat-molding and grinding (a fair bit on the left one and a whole lot on the right), I can now keep them on for several hours at 20 deg F or higher (I don't think I'd be able to take three hours at 15 deg F, though).

With that said, if you can't afford to replace the boots (and can't find a pair of used boots in the right size), I'd agree with the suggestions about going with a high-volume liner, possibly with some shims on the boot board as well. I'd think that if you can get a good lace-up liner, it might also help a little because even if your foot and the liner move inside the shell, they'll move together rather than your foot moving while the liner stays put, thus creating blisters. Then again, I'm not a bootfitter, so YMMV.

Re: moving the Shifts: they should have at least a full shell size worth of adjustment, and the instructions for adjusting them are in the Shift thread. Adjusting forward pressure isn't particularly hard, although the AFD on those bindings is finicky.
    No sources in Norway for HV, so I went with MV. If it doesn't fit any better, it's free returns by law in Norway anyways.

EDIT: Besides, I can't move my foot at all in the boot when I'm skiing, except wiggle my toes a tiny bit. It clamps down over my instep hard and firm. I walk up with the lower two buckles clamped down to one notch below what I ski down with, and I have never ever gotten a blister from these boots. Of course I do lace the stock liners up both for up and down.
    Last edited by JakkeJ; 03-15-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Tour wraps are MV as I understand, so for me it sounds like MV is the way to go. Intuitions table says the same, but no boot is the same so I could get too little space in these and too much in shells from say Scarpa, with the same liner. I have asked Intuition but it's getting late for ordering liners for Easter.
    There's more foam in a 26 than a 25 tour wrap and the 26 fits in the 25/25.5 xtd. In essence a MV+

There's more foam in a 26 than a 25 tour wrap and the 26 fits in the 25/25.5 xtd. In essence a MV+

So MV might be the best choice anyways. Good to know since I can't get HVs here.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I can't load the image, but it's generally easier to start with a boot that's too tight and make it bigger than the other way around.
    Uploaded it as an attachment, the mobile version of this forum is seriously limited.

Anyways, the nail of my toe is at the nail of my finger in this image, with the heel all the way back. Either the liner is way too small for the shell, or I'm not one size too large in boot size, maybe 25 would've been better for me, but.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0xmzApb.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	367466  

So MV might be the best choice anyways. Good to know since I can't get HVs here.
    Thats just what i was left with if i wanted a tour wrap. Only mv in tour wrap and i cant wear intuition tongue liners.That helped in that boot and it fit. The larger foam volume of the bigger(26) size isnt as much foam volume as my power wrap plus(25) but then again the lupo has a bit more volume than the xtd , at least in the clog. The clog on the xtd just barely overlaps before i snap the buckle closed. I took off the toe buckle

Interesting. I would say mine aren't tight in the toe box at all, except MAYBE at the outside of the foot behind the toe. From what I've heard, when you string yourself up in the boots, you should feel the toe barely touching the front of the liner. When you ski you push your heels back and toes also move back and away from the liner. But there is a fine line between barely touching and f**king your toe nails up. My conclusion is that I got really lucky with the size on first try on my first pair of touring boots. It was also the only pair they had left of any touring boots (at all, it was mid-July 2018 in Norway!) with a proper alpine toe so I could use them in my Shifts and old frame bindings.

EDIT: Point being, maybe LV will be a tad too roomy, but in that case I have a feeling MV would be too tight again.
    I got LVs to save money and was mildly regretful after heat molding at the shop - thought it was too roomy around the heel. But I just took them on a 6000' day yesterday and my feet were comfy/warm the whole day!

Thats just what i was left with if i wanted a tour wrap. Only mv in tour wrap and i cant wear intuition tongue liners.That helped in that boot and it fit. The larger foam volume of the bigger(26) size isnt as much foam volume as my power wrap plus(25) but then again the lupo has a bit more volume than the xtd , at least in the clog. The clog on the xtd just barely overlaps before i snap the buckle closed. I took off the toe buckle

I like the toe buckle, but I'm considering going to a shipyard and get them to swap the buckles so they open the opposite way. I've been opening them with my pole baskets too many times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    I got LVs to save money and was mildly regretful after heat molding at the shop - thought it was too roomy around the heel. But I just took them on a 6000' day yesterday and my feet were comfy/warm the whole day!
    LV cost less where you're at? Here they are 1999NOK-2299NOK no matter what volume or size. Divide by 10 to get estimated USD price (it's really at 8.5NOK per USD but).

If I didn't say, I have ordered mondo 260 MV Pro Tours. Hopefully I have them before the weekend, but I'm getting surgery on Friday so I won't be able to do much with them anyways. Also getting new gloves in the mail on Friday, guess where I'm getting surgery? Yup, a finger. Can't even test my new gloves

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    That's mad, 150CAD below retail price. It'll be a lot more before I have them and I wouldn't get them before Easter. Add shipping, VAT and import taxes, I might save $50USD, but it'll take 2-3 weeks till I receive them.

My OG orange floppy liners seem to be pretty much done.

Are the Mimics noticeably warmer than the freezing cold platinum whatever they're called liners or am I better off getting some Intuitions? Also interested to know whether they fit different (thicker?) since I don't have much space at all for my poor toes as it is.

Sent from my GM1913 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rewbn View Post
    My OG orange floppy liners seem to be pretty much done.

Are the Mimics noticeably warmer than the freezing cold platinum whatever they're called liners or am I better off getting some Intuitions? Also interested to know whether they fit different (thicker?) since I don't have much space at all for my poor toes as it is.

Sent from my GM1913 using TGR Forums mobile app
    From what I hear, the toe box on the stock liners is small, so with Intuitions you'd get more space in the toe box. I got 3cm gap between heel and shell, but my big toe is all the way in the front of the liner somehow, but the liners aren't 1,5cm thick in front and back, that's downright impossible. So the liners can very easily be the limiting factor for your toes!

I can get back to you next week when I receive my Intuition Pro Tour MVs, as I could feel my big toe hit the front of the liner when standing upright, and I had to block mine out where the foot is widest at the pinky toe when using the stock liners. I'm very excited to see how this all fits together!

I haven't skied the older liners but the new Mimic has a bit more room in the toe and its pretty warm

The original orange liner was really short and low in the toe box. Freakishly so. In my 27.5 shell I haven't had any problem putting most size 28lv liners in them including tour wrap and zipfit WC. Virtually any liner will buy you toe room. Just got a pair of Intuition Plug Race to try in them. Hope to find out about them in the next day or two.

I need to heat the liner to get it to fit properly, the while boot feels a bit short on the 4 small toes, but I bet this is just the liner seeing the old liner fit around my toes.

I'm going to a boot fitter tomorrow with my Pro Tour MVs! Unless that hurricane force wind closes the bridge 🙄

But except from the toe box being tighter right now, they felt very nice!

Wow, just by heating the liners I was good! Can wiggle my toes now, but can't move my foot at all, feels comfy and nice all over. Can't wait to actually try them, barely any snow here.

Ordered a pair of these since I'm having non stop issues with the fit on my Lange XT3 140 LV. Anybody enjoying these for resort use and backcountry?

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Ordered a pair of these since I'm having non stop issues with the fit on my Lange XT3 140 LV. Anybody enjoying these for resort use and backcountry?
    Thousands of people.

I used them for pretty much all my skiing one year, including touring under about 3,000 vertical ft/day and a week in Austria and thought they were great. IMO they don't ski quite as well as the XT3 but tour better; only downside was trying to get them off after a cold day.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I've skied 100 days this year, only 5 of which were backcountry and all of them were in xtd 130s. I've been doing the same thing for last 3 years. I've gotten used to how they ski and am happy with how they perform inbounds, so ill stick with them next year again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Thousands of people.

I used them for pretty much all my skiing one year, including touring under about 3,000 vertical ft/day and a week in Austria and thought they were great. IMO they don't ski quite as well as the XT3 but tour better; only downside was trying to get them off after a cold day.
    Thanks Greg. Tried them on, have not heat molded but still getting right foot compression. Same spots as my langs. Pinky toe, top of foot, and top of toes. The annoying thing is that my Langes had the same exact hot spots issues, and the fitter I went to didn't help much, even after multiple visits, and now the weather seal is warped. Just trying to get a boot working for my feet but I feel like it's impossible. Three shops, three bad boot fits in the last few years. Multiple fitters.