Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    I haven’t skied the the alpine hawx but would like to as my xtds fit much better than my k2 spyne alpine boots. I wish the alpine ones were a bit heavier but the combo of pu shell and a beefy liner might make them worth trying. Budget says new alpine boots are a next summer purchase as I want touring skis more right now.
    GregL has time in both and says the difference is noticeable splitting our sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Have you skied the alpine version of the Hawx? Wondering if there is any discernable difference at that weight. I've skied both at 145lbs and they feel pretty similar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I haven’t skied the the alpine hawx but would like to as my xtds fit much better than my k2 spyne alpine boots. I wish the alpine ones were a bit heavier but the combo of pu shell and a beefy liner might make them worth trying. Budget says new alpine boots are a next summer purchase as I want touring skis more right now.
    GregL has time in both and says the difference is noticeable splitting our sizes.
    21/22 Hawx Ultra boots are heavier, more supportive and more stable than the previous generation.

Blister gave a quick look to the updated 21/22 version here:
    https://blisterreview.com/flash-revi...hawx-ultra-130

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I use a tour wrap in mine. Just your ratio stood out to me. Mostly inbounds i wouldnt want an xtd and im 170lbs. Lupo c ti doesnt tour great and pita swapping the tongue in/out so i go back and forth between the 2 if im going outside the rope because they both have the same bsl so they fit my cast set up. Dedicated touring im in the vulcan but wondering if i could make a hoji fit and be the "one".. performance touring and skiing sound great and i really like the simple buckle latching. Just will it fit. I hear most people have to get work done around the ankles

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Did you size up or down with the tour wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Did you size up or down with the tour wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Same tour wrap that i use in my vulcan, both are 25.5 boots but the liner is 26/26.5. Fits the vulcan perfect. The xtd is a bit shorter inside and i can feel the toe end before i do the buckles up

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Want to double down on this claim.

Hawx was great on the big D. Paired with intuition pro tour and 40 below boots when necessary.
    Much warmer than buddies in backland boot.
    No foot warmers needed on summit day (-25F).
    Was able to summit from 14 and did not find the weight to be oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    I ski mine with a pro tongue inbounds and they are quite stiff. I'm 200# and make up for technique with power.
    I've loved this boot and am on season 3. They've been my only boot and have done many a cascade volcano.
    I'm likely bringing them up Denali this spring - just need to find a 29.5 pair!
    Thanks for making a fav Manser! (it's Will from skirack days)

Not an XTD question but a Hawx question. I finally bought new boots and very stupidly didn't realize that the Ultras come with GripWalk soles. Anyone know the part number for a DIN sole for this years boot?

Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    Not an XTD question but a Hawx question. I finally bought new boots and very stupidly didn't realize that the Ultras come with GripWalk soles. Anyone know the part number for a DIN sole for this years boot?
    Dual Density Cantable Grip Pads ISO 5355
    shell size 22.0 - 24.5 = AZE001172
    shell size 25.0 - 32.5 = AZE001170

Not many spare parts are sold online in North America, so you will most likely have to get them through a retailer. If you are in Vancouver, I imagine this will be found in a few shops.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    Want to double down on this claim.

Hawx was great on the big D. Paired with intuition pro tour and 40 below boots when necessary.
    Much warmer than buddies in backland boot.
    No foot warmers needed on summit day (-25F).
    Was able to summit from 14 and did not find the weight to be oppressive.
    Congrats man, that's awesome.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Dual Density Cantable Grip Pads ISO 5355
    shell size 22.0 - 24.5 = AZE001172
    shell size 25.0 - 32.5 = AZE001170

Not many spare parts are sold online in North America, so you will most likely have to get them through a retailer. If you are in Vancouver, I imagine this will be found in a few shops.
    Thank you!

Are there any differences between the 20-21 Ultra XTD and 21-22 Ultra XTD boots?

Quote Originally Posted by the_eleven View Post
    Are there any differences between the 20-21 Ultra XTD and 21-22 Ultra XTD boots?
    They are 99.9% the same. The only difference is the 21/22 130 & 115W versions come with a quick release cam strap. Other than that one "running change" the boots are the same.

20/21 saw some big updates, particularly with the new Mimic Platinum liner that utilizes a special type of heat moldable plastic in the heel/ankle area, tongue, and cuff. When heated, this material softens and reshapes to your foot & leg and hardens in that shape. This liner also provides a lot more skiing performance that the 19/20 version.

They are 99.9% the same. The only difference is the 21/22 130 & 115W versions come with a quick release cam strap. Other than that one "running change" the boots are the same.

20/21 saw some big updates, particularly with the new Mimic Platinum liner that utilizes a special type of heat moldable plastic in the heel/ankle area, tongue, and cuff. When heated, this material softens and reshapes to your foot & leg and hardens in that shape. This liner also provides a lot more skiing performance that the 19/20 version.
    The toebox in the 22 Ultra non XTD feel a bit roomier than the previous version. I downsized and it feel great out of the box. You writed or said somewhere that it's about the liner only.
    Will it be the same in the next XTD version?

If I am using 20-21 Hawx Ultra 120s with an extra bolt in them (pseudo 130 flex), what flex do you recommend for the XTD? 120 or 130?

Just got my first day on these. Love them as a touring boot, but add me to the list of people who couldn't imagine skiing these every day inbounds. Maybe if you are very light, or prefer a soft boot and ski only blower pow... But as a touring boot, for the weight, oh man, they're awesome.

About me: 6'0", 165lbs, former (mediocre) racer, and still ski like it. My in-bounds boot is an Atomic Redster CS 130.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Poudreuse View Post
    The toebox in the 22 Ultra non XTD feel a bit roomier than the previous version. I downsized and it feel great out of the box. You writed or said somewhere that it's about the liner only.
    I finally saw the current non xtd hawx ultra. It has a way higher toebox than the xtd. It is definitely more than the liner. The toe box looks and feels more like the hawx PRIME xtd.

This is great news if the ultra xtd makes the same change considering I have had to raise and widen probably every ultra xtd toe box that has rolled through Golden since they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Poudreuse View Post
    The new 21/22 Hawx Ultra uses the same last as the previous generation, so no last changes. What you are feeling is an improvement in the liner toe box.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    If I am using 20-21 Hawx Ultra 120s with an extra bolt in them (pseudo 130 flex), what flex do you recommend for the XTD? 120 or 130?
    Go with the 130.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    I finally saw the current non xtd hawx ultra. It has a way higher toebox than the xtd. It is definitely more than the liner. The toe box looks and feels more like the hawx PRIME xtd.

This is great news if the ultra xtd makes the same change considering I have had to raise and widen probably every ultra xtd toe box that has rolled through Golden since they came out.
    The internal last between first & second generation Ultras is the same- the difference is an update to the liner's toe box. The shell may look different compared to gen 1 from the outer, external shape but that's not a reflection of what's happening inside.

Part of why Ultra XTD looks so much lower is a couple of things but mainly that the last sits down into the sole more efficiently vs. a regular Ultra. Sitting on a table, the Ultra XTD's toe box looks way lower than regular Ultra because of this. The other part is top secret and I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

@onenerdykid

Onk, how do you see these fit wise compared to the tecnica Cochise line? Non xtd compared to Mach 1? For guys whose feet love tecnica products?

I will be in the boot market next year and love what I’m reading on The Hawx lineup but want to make sure my foot type would even be compatible
    Last edited by RyansFaith; 12-30-2021 at 09:29 AM.

The internal last between first & second generation Ultras is the same- the difference is an update to the liner's toe box. The shell may look different compared to gen 1 from the outer, external shape but that's not a reflection of what's happening inside.

Part of why Ultra XTD looks so much lower is a couple of things but mainly that the last sits down into the sole more efficiently vs. a regular Ultra. Sitting on a table, the Ultra XTD's toe box looks way lower than regular Ultra because of this. The other part is top secret and I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
    I guess you would know. lol.

The boot boards are identical as well?

Sorry double post. Nerdy, I'm trying to find the aftermarket forward lean plate. The one that allows for 13 and 19 degrees. Thanks

I guess you would know. lol.

The boot boards are identical as well?
    The boot boards are same but different. They have the same upper shape (what you feel) but they are different in terms of bottom shape (what interfaces with the shell).

Sorry double post. Nerdy, I'm trying to find the aftermarket forward lean plate. The one that allows for 13 and 19 degrees. Thanks
    Needs to be ordered through an Atomic retailer. HAWX ULTRA XTD FREE/LOCK BASE PLATE 13/19, Part Number AZE001416

The man. Thanks.

How are you all molding your tour wraps? Just got mine in and they were tough to get into the shell but fit. 27 size liner in a 17/18 27.5 hawx ultra xtd 130. Doing a cold fit I cannot buckle the top two buckles. Does the suggested rice method heat that area well enough to compress and buckle the top buckles?

Thanks

bump