Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    314mm

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    314mm
    For real? My 26.5 is 302mm

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    For real? My 26.5 is 302mm
    Looks like that's for a 27.5. My Vulcans are 294 for the 26.5, but I fit a 25.5 in the Backland, so maybe it might end up being a pretty similar bsl with what people end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Looks like that's for a 27.5. My Vulcans are 294 for the 26.5, but I fit a 25.5 in the Backland, so maybe it might end up being a pretty similar bsl with what people end up in.
    It is rare for BSL to increase by more than 10mm in the next shell size - though there may be more than 1 pre-production model around, I would expect the 27.5 to be 312mm.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    My Vulcans are 294 for the 26.5, but I fit a 25.5 in the Backland
    The Hawx XTD shell looks similar cosmetically to the Backland, but it's all new (intentionally longer, ISO 9523-spec soles so they are WTR and Kingpin compatible).

FWIW, the Backland BSL in a 26.5 is 288mm.

Greg. It surprised me too

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Just put these on my order for next fall. Is there any difference in fit compared to the alpine hawx ultra?
    No one has an answer to this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Exact same last.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It feels roomier and longer than the regular Hawx Ultra to me, though the last is supposed to be the same. I assume this is due mostly to the thin liner in the prototypes; with the thicker production liner they may be the same. I would buy the same size in either boot, though.

Interesting that the Hawx XTD shell could possibly be a little longer. I have the Ultra and the shell is a very snug 12/13mm-1/2" fit and the stock liner is just too thick to make the 27.5 shell work for me. I was considering dropping in a Gara Zipfit. With the thin but, stiff shell and the gara, this could be a very light and responsive down hill boot with good up hill manners.

2Funky commented on it's warmth even with the thin bodied shell. I'm hoping that is not just a product of the stock last.

If the XTD is just that smiggin longer. The XTD experiment would be cheaper to start too.

They (hawx) anatomically match me very well and I like/prefer the boot's 1° splay.

1st world problems compared to decades worth of one suffer fest after another.

Goldilocks in a boot is so much closer than she ever was.

If anyone is a 28.5 and wants to be an early adopter, TP has this boot right now for $525 with code HAWX15, plus $45 shipping.

If you think you're interested in this boot, I would try it on sooner rather than later. We got in a size run last week and they sold out in 4 days. The production liner has a beefed up tongue, but didn't get any heavier - in fact the production 26.5 weighed in at 1400 grams, 6 grams lighter than the prototype.

Evo keep pushing back the ship date for the 23.5 Hawx 110 W, and they dropped the 22.5. Bent Gate also hasn't received any under 24.5. Any idea what sizes are actually being made?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I was going to try and hold out for a mid season sale on these, but will there be any left? I have functional touring boots that are too soft in anything other than good snow (spectres) and ancient inbounds boots that need to be replaced. If these fit well they could replace both. It looks like evo just got the 28.5s in stock maybe its time for a try on.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Any idea what sizes are actually being made?
    Not for sure, all we've gotten in so far is 24.5 and 25.5. Onenerdykid from Atomic sometimes watches this thread, so maybe he'll chime in (or post the question on his thread on Newschoolers).

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I was going to try and hold out for a mid season sale on these, but will there be any left? I have functional touring boots that are too soft in anything other than good snow (spectres) and ancient inbounds boots that need to be replaced. If these fit well they could replace both. It looks like evo just got the 28.5s in stock maybe its time for a try on.
    Telepark-pyrenees has a 15% off code for these boots: https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/todays-discount-codes

that is a great price form Telemark-pyrenees and I an very tempted. I haven't tried these on yet and would prefer to shop local for fitting/molding help. I might see if evo will move on price, even though their price match is US vendors only.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I might see if evo will move on price, even though their price match is US vendors only.
    Good luck. They will sell all they can get at full retail before the end of the year.

All the pics I linked were not displayed due to a change in the TGR forum setup. Here's the offline album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=704222e43c

I got a pair, they seem nice. My 29s are only 125g heavier per boot than my TLT6P without tongues. BSL seems long at 332 but I mounted my last pair of skis such that they'll adjust to that point. I'm looking forward to having control going downhill.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Does anybody have a review of the 120 flex version of this boot? Based on my limited knowledge, it seems that the flex could be a bit more progressive since it has a PU upper cuff.
    I'm looking at this for a "one" boot, but no one in my area stocks my size, so I would have to buy before I can even try it on.

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    Does anybody have a review of the 120 flex version of this boot? Based on my limited knowledge, it seems that the flex could be a bit more progressive since it has a PU upper cuff.
    I'm looking at this for a "one" boot, but no one in my area stocks my size, so I would have to buy before I can even try it on.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-ultra-xtd-120

^Thanks.

I did read that and it is encouraging. It would be even better if someone had actually skied the stock liner, but that might not have been possible until recently.

Just looking for more opinions. Perhaps folks can do what we do best here and simply speculate if having a PU cuff instead of all Grilamid should help with progressiveness.

I believe I asked this question of the dude who designed them. He told me that the only real difference is in the liner and cuff/upper ankle area due to the walk mode. They are definitely a much higher fit in the instep than the backland, I can't even get my feet in those.

I tried on a pair of the 120s in a shop today and it felt very similar to the alpine hawx ultra. Which is good, cuz my XTD 130 is in the mail.

Pretty sure the additional bsl is only there for the tech fittings and internal length is the same with standard Ultra. It's in the NS thread. So if the standard Ultra is already short on you, walking/skinning without going longer would probably be misery.