Thoughts on nordica patron 185

I searched but just statement like they rock
    I have chargers of all variations such as
    186 BG
    189 spur
    186 kusalhasa
    183 G3 empire 127
    191 h20 karencito

Really looking for a soft snow ski that won't be a lot of work on days I'm guiding or just tired
    Out west pow trees and meadow skipping mostly. Found a good deal on em

Unless you can offer your suggestions for others with a deal I really don't care. I have skied a lot of skis and really just want easy
    My kusalhasas are also easy so they work
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Why, I demod both the Patron and Helldarado and hated them... Both sucked at speed and the tips and tails were soft forcing you to control your speed if the snow was cruddy... Honestly the Blistergearreview on the Patron was spot on...

I don't know if you can get a deal on the Blizzard Gunsmoke, but I own it in a 193 and it blew the doors off of the Patron/Helldarado... Easy as shit to ski... Fun as hell... Kills it on the groom... Floats like a champ... And handles crud and makes for a really fun tree ski... And to top it off I got mine for $200 shipped to my door new...

I had the patrons a long while back and I don't think they've really changed much. I found them be predictable, stable, fun, and really nice in the pow.

The flex isn't super stiff, but the tip profile is nice and low so they remain calm in the chop or variable snow.

I felt they skied a lot like a JJ, but much less turny.

I own a 185 Helldorado. My buddy has the 185 Unleashed (BC version of the Patron). They are both fun skis. Not too far off from what you are looking for, IMHO. They have an 18.5-m turn radius and a more forward mount, which can be off-putting to bigger, powerful skiers.

They are fine on groomers, decent in soft crud, great in powder and trees. My Helldorados are my early season powders skis and they do fine for me in the heavy, PNW powder.

Agree Gunsmokes are a better ski, but harder to find a deal on those.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Liberty Origin 116 comes to mind based on your description

I demoed the Patrons, back when Dynastar Huge troubles were my regular ski. Thought they skied very similar, as in an easy, do everything, all Mountain powder ski.

Thanks guys. I have thought on some days I just want an easy ski. I do weigh 170 now. The blister review seemed to try to find ways not to like it. Blister is good sometimes but seems biased or this ski is not like the bibby...
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

i have the 193 unleashed (touring patron). I'm not wild about them but they are indeed easy to ski. Tip has a bit of a tendency to dive and way more tail rocker than what I prefer.

Kind of bland which maybe is what you're after.

I've found Nordica's mounts on this line of skis (patron, helldorado, el capo and even now the enforcer) about 1 to 2 cm too far forward. Demo'd the patron on a cruddy pow day and after we adjust clamp to -1.5 i found way less tip dive and still plenty of tail. Mounted my El Capos -2 and was very happy with that. If you like to ski more centered vs leaning over your tips regular mount point may make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Thanks guys. I have thought on some days I just want an easy ski. I do weigh 170 now. The blister review seemed to try to find ways not to like it. Blister is good sometimes but seems biased or this ski is not like the bibby...
    If you weigh 170, I say go for it. Patron is a great ski if you weigh less than 180 lbs.

I mounted my Helldorado on the rear line. They ski great there. Not as long of a shovel as my other all-mtn skis, but rail soft groomers and still quick in trees and tight spaces. My buddy mounted his Unleashed on the same line. Those are his DD, but he skis 1st Gen Squad 7's on pow days (as a point of reference).
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I had El Capos in a 185 and the Unleashed Hells in a 193. I did not like either - found the tips too soft and kept getting thrown in the backseat.

I did own the Radicts for a while and liked those for some reason.

The Brahma / Cochise / Spur is my current quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I don't know if you can get a deal on the Blizzard Gunsmoke...And to top it off I got mine for $200 shipped to my door new...
    where did you find that deal?

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    where did you find that deal?
    It was over a year ago... BanditMan gave the heads up as STP was putting them on clearance and blew them out along with a couple of other brands...