Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I ski on the Supercharger and love it. I used to have the Charger and sold them after I got the SC. I'm a 60-yr old NTN tele skier 80/20 inbounds/BC. The SC is amazing at holding the carve and finishing a turn due to the strong tail. Initiating the turn is automatic. It handles chop and crud great. I had the good fortune of 14" of freshies in the back bowls of Vail earlier this month and loved it. The pow was super light and although I could not see my tips, what was happening underneath was wonderful. I generally don't love bumps but they make bump skiing much easier for me. I like the shorter turn radius over my previous Charger which I thought were the best skis ever. I also have the V8 and they are a slightly different ski but also really fun. They are mounted with Dynafits so I don't ski them much because having my heels locked down feels like wearing a straightjacket to me.

Thoughts on Supercharger this season?

Hi,

Has anyone spent more time on the Supercharger this season and want to share their thoughts?

I'm looking at picking up a pair or either these or Navis Freebirds. Wondering how they compare for variable conditions — pow, crud, crust, icier steeps.

Cheers,

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pdav View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone spent more time on the Supercharger this season and want to share their thoughts?

I'm looking at picking up a pair or either these or Navis Freebirds. Wondering how they compare for variable conditions — pow, crud, crust, icier steeps.

Cheers,

Pete
    Yeah, my wife has a pair of women's version SC in a 164. She is a good skier both resort and BC and got these as she wanted to downsize from her prior skis BD Converts in a 172. She loves the ski for what it is and that is a mid fat back country ski that can handle any back country "wild" snow and have the chops to handle steeps. As well as having fun and confidence to do so. This is a better ski for her than her Converts. WTBS, she did take them to the resort first day on them. Conditions were a couple of inches of blow in on top of firm. She thought that they were chattery and hard to handle on the firm. Yesterday she had them on back country firm and mixed and was OK with them, so conclusion was not fun on resort firm and resort speed but very doable skiing slow on wild snow. She loves these skis on anything soft. Lastly, don't know anything about the other skis you mentioned. Voile skis and we own four pairs of them are light, well made and good price point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	232363

Quote Originally Posted by pdav View Post
    Hi,

Cheers,

Pete
    Curious what route you went as I am also comparing these two skis. Seems like one is a more traditional ski (Navis) and the other has a bit more rocker (Super).