Valhalla Powder Cats-

The Stars definitely aligned for this trip to Valhalla Powdercats early January! The interior of British Columbia had a nice reset over the Christmas break setting us up for the perfect opportunity to capture some epic riding.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tommy Frey-Valhalla 4.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	198280
    Frey doing his best Highlighter pen impression

Now mix in Bluebird skies and an All Star team which consisted of Matt Reardon, Daron Rahlves, Amie Engerbretson, Jeff Engerbretson, John Witt, Aspen Witt, Matt Gillis, Tommy Frey, Justin Miller and myself, you know your in for something special.
    Name:  IMG_6108.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  79.5 KB
    Matt Reardon skiing like a rockstar!

Day One- Was a perfect way to start with this crew as we ventured around exploring this new terrain. Lot's of Rock drops, spines, couliers and plenty of hero making pitches were on hand. Second run of the day Daron found a sweet spine with a nice exit drop to kick off the day. That's definitely a way to get the ski day going!
    Name:  IMG_5746.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  87.9 KB
    Daron Dropping in!

Day Two- Amie Engerbretson finally arrived after getting snowed in at SLC. Another perfect day in store except for the brutal cold temps with that in mind we we did some more exploring in search of south facing slopes with sun on it. What a difference that made being in the sun all day, never really felt the negative temps as we crushed plenty of fun terrain.
    Name:  IMG_6211.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  59.3 KB
    Amie and her Dad Jeff (professional photog) syncing it up for the camera

Name:  IMG_6304.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  99.1 KB
    Legasa working the Glades

Day Three- Was more of the same until noonish when a storm started rolling in bringing another reset to the Valhallas. We stuck to the trees for the remainder of the day and then wrapped up with some non stop, high speed runs. Pretty cool trying to stay tight with Hahnekahm winner Daron Rahlves back down to the cat.
    Name:  IMG_6278.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  93.1 KB
    Rahlves, Smooth as Butter

Valhalla is located just outside of Nelson, British Columbia and has all sorts of packages from one day to multi day packages, I'd definitely give them a go again. valhallapow.com

Here's a short video recap of the trip, enjoy!
    It's not your line until your looking back up at it!

Pro level stoke! Thanks for sharing!

You guys hit it with great timing. Good crew, makes me want to get up there again.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Pro level stoke! Thanks for sharing!
    Pretty easy to get good stuff with that crew. Thanks for checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    You guys hit it with great timing. Good crew, makes me want to get up there again.
    They were Damn good conditions and we were a couple of days late for the bottomless stuff. Oh well. I'll take Bluebird and knee Deep!

I don't think it gets much better then that--bluebird skies with deep snow!

Video is epic. Going on cat skiing trip next year with good friends. Keeping my fingers crossed for half the quality of your conditions. BEAUTIFUL.