bulk ski poles from China?

Banff sees a influx of new staff every fall, and they ALL need gear. It seems that the ski swaps never have enough ski poles avail, so I'm thinking of buying some in bulk to resell. Also patrol and trailcrew need a cheap pole option too.

Looking on alibaba.com poles are avail for $2-4 each, (avail in 200+ total) but has anyone ordered any? seen any? not looking for a high performance product here, but need it not to fall apart RIGHT away.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...sGalleryList=G

These look AWESOME!!

Name:  Carbon-Fiber-Trekking-Pole-Light-Poles-For.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  48.8 KB

I've purchased some stuff through alibaba once and it was a decent experience. FYI most of the manufactures will lower the purchase limits if you ask. Shipping was amazingly quick too.

Finally, heated ski poles are available to all.

These are very clearly labelled:

Could help avoid a lot of confusion.

aren't those the old BD touring pole grips?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    aren't those the old BD touring pole grips?
    Look like early 90s Scott grips to me.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    These are very clearly labelled:

Could help avoid a lot of confusion.
    ^these would have been great when we 1st were learning and somehow ended up skiing over our own poles> now I can ski,& I cant quite figure anymore how that ever happened.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Throw a fancy paint job on 'em and a catchy name, you could make a killing off them new schoolers.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Banff sees a influx of new staff every fall, and they ALL need gear. It seems that the ski swaps never have enough ski poles avail, so I'm thinking of buying some in bulk to resell. Also patrol and trailcrew need a cheap pole option too.

Looking on alibaba.com poles are avail for $2-4 each, (avail in 200+ total) but has anyone ordered any? seen any? not looking for a high performance product here, but need it not to fall apart RIGHT away.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...sGalleryList=G
    Just get 'em and sell them 3 for $30. One breaks, no biggie you've got another spare! Worst case you're out $30 but get to tell people about that time you bought those cheap Chinese "skiing poles."

It's win/win.

Id be interested in buying a pair or two off you if they are decent. Alibaba sell voile ski straps? Group buy?

whole lotta poles ! even apres ski poles to hold your booze but most of those are xc poles

Unless you got more beta it just looks like a big crap shoot to me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was considering this exact same order earlier this season.

I have a had good results purchasing other products (smaller quantities) through this site before. I think purchasing from a "gold supplier" that offers "Trade Assurance" would be the best bet.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I was considering this exact same order earlier this season.

I have a had good results purchasing other products (smaller quantities) through this site before. I think purchasing from a "gold supplier" that offers "Trade Assurance" would be the best bet.
    You are in Vernon BC? I'm in banff, Maybe we can team up on an order? I have VERY little experience with this

what do you mean you don't have to spend $70 on scott poles?

The basic aluminum ski poles are so cheap I don't see how you could lose. I don't see how they could really fuck it up either, as there's no moving parts. See if they will do a custom shop logo? Back in the day at Princeton Ski Shops on the East Coast, we had package poles like that for $20 or $30 a pop (or included with skis and bindings). We got and sold them by the hundreds and they said Princeton on them.
    I'm sure there's plenty of travelers and regulars who forget or break their poles and just need a quick replacement. If you're at or on the way to the hill, you must get that from time to time.
    Seems like a low risk investment for a decent ROI.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I remember a scheme from New Zealand years ago that involved having ski poles make a stop on their way from China to get filled with P (ecstasy) before arriving in NZ. You know while being entrepreneurial make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by galenparke View Post
    I remember a scheme from New Zealand years ago that involved having ski poles make a stop on their way from China to get filled with P (ecstasy) before arriving in NZ. You know while being entrepreneurial make the most of it.
    maybe I can try fentanyl?

Name:  ski pole.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  51.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Name:  ski pole.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  51.9 KB

can you use that at the ex-toboggan hill?

Watch out for shipping charges. Air freight from CN isn't cheap. I've ordered stuff from Alibaba that I resell and the shipping charges can increase the unit cost considerably. Sharing a container is an option and considerably cheeper, but you have to deal with also shipping it from the nearest major port to your location.