Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Masters racers

I don't think that guy could get 150 flex Lange's on without help.

Trust me. The polyethylene eventually gives up.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

If you think masters ski racing is bad you should go to a masters swim meet. At least the skiers are covered even if it is a little more form-fitting than you'd like to see!

This is why, when it comes to masters series events, I prefer the Champions Tour.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Here's a little exchange between him and I just the other day:
    Ha! Just saw this, which reminded me that I missed league night in Michigan while I was off fucking around in Utah! Here's a shot of Happy Fun Ball. He missed the league race too...

You can't tell from the picture, but he's wearing a speed suit. That's all he wears...
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Good lord are those GS skis?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    If you think masters ski racing is bad you should go to a masters swim meet. At least the skiers are covered even if it is a little more form-fitting than you'd like to see!
    My Father used to swim while at Ohio State (He was the captain of the swim team, Greg Louganis' Mother was the women's captain) and had several world records in the early 60's that were broken by a Japanese swimmer, He'd Get the record back and it would be broken with a faster one. This went on thru school and eventually the record was broken again after they graduated. About 10 years ago he started doing the Masters thing with a couple guys he swam with growing up and was still competitive, with his only real competition being the Japanese swimmer who now lives in LA.
    He was ineligible for the Olympics because he received money from Coca-Cola to help pay for school, They considered it a sponsorship and therefor he was a professional athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Good lord are those GS skis?
    In that powder picture??? Good lord, are you nuts?

No. Moment Deathwish 190's.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Phew.

Super G poles at least?

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    He was ineligible for the Olympics because he received money from Coca-Cola to help pay for school, They considered it a sponsorship and therefor he was a professional athlete.
    He was considered a pro by the Olympics but not by the NCAA? That's interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Reminds me of my old ski buddy TJ Burke who lost his amateur status by winning 50 bucks in a bowling tournament. Never got that shot at skiing gold. Shame.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Reminds me of my old ski buddy TJ Burke who lost his amateur status by winning 50 bucks in a bowling tournament. Never got that shot at skiing gold. Shame.
    Harken Banks would of kicked his ass anyway
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    He was considered a pro by the Olympics but not by the NCAA? That's interesting!
    I don't know what they paid for or even how much he got (I'm sure it wasn't much) but I know he took advantage of every scholarship he could and paid very little if anything for four years at Ohio State (I don't think he had a job other than lifeguard during the summers at that time either). There was some Coca-Cola stuff around the house when I was little but nothing special that I remember.
    He had lymphoma about 7 years ago and the medication/radiation made him bloated and gave him a bigger beer belly, he told me a couple months ago he does 1000 sit ups a day and goes to the gym 5 days a week, Not bad for 80 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Phew.

Super G poles at least?
    BD adjustable Super G poles. I'm sure you could use them in a race.

[whispering] he's not REALLY wearing a suit...[/whispering]
    - Phunk