BD Quadrant liners (beating the dead horse)

I've searched and read the many posts on BD Quadrant fit issues, but haven't been able to find answers to two fairly simple questions... I have a pair of 12/13 Quadrants (black and green, first year with thermoform liners), and they fit like shit. Shell fit is okay ("performance" 1-finger fit in the heel, maybe 2mm of room on either side for width), but my foot moves all over the place. I think the last just wasn't meant for my wide forefoot and narrow heel. I can get the liner to fit okay with the boa cranked down, but the liner moves all over inside the boot (I guess I don't have the foot volume to fill out the liner?) and I have significant heel lift issues. I've tried butterflies around the ankles which helped a bit but definitely haven't solved the problem. I could add some narrowing pads, but want to avoid ad hoc foam additions since my experience with that approach in the past has mostly been that i just end up with new pressure points.

Before I give up on them entirely, I want to try a new liner and see if that solves the problem but wanted to ask how the Quadrant thermoform liners compare to Intuition Protours. I've seen people say that the liner is very similar to protours, but I haven't had the chance to compare them so I'm not sure how true this is or isn't. So, the questions --

Can anyone advise me on how the stock thermoform liners compare to protours? Are they similar in volume? Am I likely to get any help filling out the volume by switching to protours?

Assuming that the protours aren't going to help, I'm considering sizing up on the intuitions or going with a HV intuition liner to see if that helps. Anybody have an opinion on this? Am I likely to have any success getting a size 28 protour to fit my 27 boot or will it just wrinkle and get ruined? Alternatively, would a HV liner in a 27 help?

Assuming I can get them to fit a bit more securely, next step will likely be to replace the third and fourth buckles with a single buckle 'cause the current setup is pathetic and crushes my toes.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    Before I give up on them entirely, I want to try a new liner and see if that solves the problem but wanted to ask how the Quadrant thermoform liners compare to Intuition Protours.
    There's nothing that can be done to make Quadrants good boots. You're succumbing to the Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    There's nothing that can be done to make Quadrants good boots. You're succumbing to the Sunk Cost Fallacy.
    Oh, believe me, I know... So that sounds like 1 vote for dumping these boots back on gear swap. Any others have an opinion?

Spent some time in the Maestrales and decided to just get rid of these, so no further help needed. Look out for some cheap Quadrants dropping on gear swap soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    What's so horrible about the quadrants? I have a pair and find them to be pretty nice. I've got a narrow foot too and they may have a little room in the toe but it's not horrible...

It's not that they're so horrible, it's just that they don't fit my feet. The main issue is that the instep on the quadrants has a ton of volume, so there's no way to keep my heel down with my low instep. Take a look at the quadrant and a Maestrale or any of the TLTs side-by-side and you'll notice the huge amount of extra volume in the quadrants over the instep. The last is also a little wide for me, so I feel my foot sliding around when I transition from edge to edge. I'll be dumping them on gear swap soon and hope they find someone with more amendable anatomy.