Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    grip walk AFD or the dual height one? the 14 DIN toes are self adjusting for height, the added vibram is probably screwing it up, does it still fall into ISO 5355 dimensional standards?
    Hmm, height of toe lugs is 20mm.
    AFD is the old, no-side to side slide or height adjustment AFD.

edit: I can't find 5355/2019 w/o buying it. but this page from ISO 5355/2005: https://www.sis.se/api/document/preview/906255/ seems to indicate that the toe lug height is 19mm +/- 1mm?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Hmm, height of toe lugs is 20mm.
    AFD is the old, no-side to side slide or height adjustment AFD.

edit: I can't find 5355/2019 w/o buying it. but this page from ISO 5355/2005: https://www.sis.se/api/document/preview/906255/ seems to indicate that the toe lug height is 19mm +/- 1mm?
    without seeing the boot i'm guessing the vibram mod is interfering with the slidyness (that's a technical term) of the system
    as mentioned the toe height is self adjusting, you decide
    Last edited by waxman; 10-29-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?

fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Krypton Pro, but it does have a Vibram toe block (with a AFD) added.
    P14 and FKS140 (I'm setting up two pairs of skis).

I can pull out the card I use to test toe friction in between the boot and binder, but it takes more effort than usual.
    (Usually run STHs).
    The card test is for STHs only, it's more of a gap test than a friction test and STHs have toe height adjustment to dial in the gap. For pivots just do a bench return to center test, if you can get the boot toe to travel 3-5mm left and right and it snaps back to center nicely then you're good to go.

If the toe height is way off due to custom boot mods or trying to get non-compliant boots to work, you could in theory un-mount the toe from the ski and install plastic shims between the toe piece mounting plate and the AFD mounting plate to increase the toe height. Decreasing the toe height would be harder since you would need to remove material between the toe piece mounting plate and the AFD mounting plate.

All this to say, if it passes the return to center test and there isn't any up and down play in your toe piece to boot interface you're probably as good as you're going to get with P18s and rubber soled boots, they were originally designed for solid plastic race boot soles after all...