Thread: Looking For People To Sled Ski With in Colorado

Looking For People To Sled Ski With in Colorado

My girlfriend and I have sleds and we'd love to find some people to head out with. We live in Buena Vista and we're happy to travel to meet up with the right people. We're not amazing on the sleds and still learning how to ride the damn things. We'd like to find people who are safe and know the backcountry. We have taken our Avy 1 course and have backcountry touring experience. We're pretty normal people and we'd like to find the same. Not looking for anyone with anything to prove, just having a good time and shredding some pow.

Pics of your girlfriend, please.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

This sounds like an ad for other couples to swing with. "Sled" appears to be slang for something with a smaller motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I'm yer huckleberry. Bought a mine claim above St Elmo. Dying to get up there. pm me

PM Blurred, he is the go to guy for gentling newbs into sled.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    This sounds like an ad for other couples to swing with. "Sled" appears to be slang for something with a smaller motor.
    It does appear that way.

Happy to join you if you make it up to the Mosquito/Tenmile zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Happy to join you if you make it up to the Mosquito/Tenmile zone.
    Where is that area?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	197714

I didn't realize her picture was circulating around the internet.

I'm usually in the Dillon area on the weekends, so anything near or north of Leadville or Fairplay is in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    I'm usually in the Dillon area on the weekends, so anything near or north of Leadville or Fairplay is in my neck of the woods.
    Right on, that's all close to us. We should try to get out sometime.

New to sled skiing, looking for a group in CO

About to pull the trigger on a sled. New to sledding and BC, but have all the av gear and will be done with av1 class in the next couple weeks. Looking for people to ride with once I’ve got my sled. Live south of Denver, but willing to meet anywhere from Jones pass, to Vail pass, to Steamboat. Above average snowboarder just trying to gain BC experience. Willing to buy the after ride round of beers to earn brownie points.

We are on the other side of independence pass. Similar situation.

Honest tip. Unless you are just riding roads to go tour, put some time in on your sleds before you think about riding in ski boots, doubling, thinks like that. Newer snowmobiles are amazing but like all things fun, they take some figuring out.