WTB Smith Vantage - Size large

My old Giro G10 is ready for retirement. Thinking about upgrading to a newer Smith Vantage (large).

I've got a medium I'm willing to part with. I think they run big. Medium is stated to fit a 55-59 cm head. Let me know if you think that would work. $75 and I'll even throw in shipping.

I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately I have tried on the medium and will need a large bucket for my dome.

I've got an older large Variant Brim (5ish years) that's still in good shape. Adjustment straps on the back are finicky but still work. Black with white markings (similar to pic below)

Name:  Variant.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  5.8 KB

Yours for $25+shipping. I'll get actually pics of my helmet if interested.

I have a large black.

Couple years old, before they started using whatever that green stuff is inside. Used maybe 5 days.

Does it need to be current year model for you?

Thanks all, sorry for the delay. OP the helmet doesn't need to be the newest model. PM sent

I just bought a new Smith Vantage, size L and wore it on Saturday. They've modified the liner system since my last helmet and this one has a plastic strap around the base of the liner that you want to look out for. It snaps into the shell and creates a bump where it rests on my forehead. It was really uncomfortable and wound up leaving a lump on my forehead where it rubbed. The shell appears to be identical to the older models but this is a new 'feature'. Anybody else experience this?

I may be selling this helmet if I can't get this liner situation worked out. I think I have it resolved but haven't tried it yet, waiting for the sore spot on my forehead to diminish. If you're interested, let me know. I may be willing to sell it by this time next week. This is the helmet (Matte Gunmetal)

Last edited by GoldMember; 01-30-2017 at 12:37 PM.

That suck when you get new gear and it doesn't work as expected. Hopefully your modifications fixes the issue.

I was able to pick up an older model, pre koroyd, from Optics.

Quote Originally Posted by skiwp8500 View Post
    That suck when you get new gear and it doesn't work as expected. Hopefully your modifications fixes the issue.

I was able to pick up an older model, pre koroyd, from Optics.
    Which is en route to you, upgraded to 2-day so you'll get it shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by skibass View Post
    I've got a medium I'm willing to part with. I think they run big. Medium is stated to fit a 55-59 cm head. Let me know if you think that would work. $75 and I'll even throw in shipping.
    How used??? Color? I'm looking to replace my old medium vantage (7 seasons or so, model before BOA system) that's seen a couple of decent sized tree branches and such.

Quote Originally Posted by BHeals8 View Post
    How used??? Color? I'm looking to replace my old medium vantage (7 seasons or so, model before BOA system) that's seen a couple of decent sized tree branches and such.
    FYI, new medium Vantage was just listed/bumped a couple of hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Which is en route to you, upgraded to 2-day so you'll get it shortly.
    Received the helmet today; thanks for helping me out. Optics is a solid mag.

Quote Originally Posted by skiwp8500 View Post
    FYI, new medium Vantage was just listed/bumped a couple of hours ago.
    Ahh damn, thanks. Just picked one up yesterday actually. Those green accents are cool, I might have to flip the one I just got.